NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

8 hours ago, HossC said:

Yes. It was cancelled at the start of December due to ongoing Covid restrictions. This was before China's recent relaxation of its very strict Covid policies, but I doubt that it will be enough to get the race reinstated this close to the event.

I am sorry to hear that Hoss. That's got to be frustrating as a fan to be shortened a race like that. I experienced that with baseball this year or last year due to their contract talks and so forth. But it was more like three months shorter. LOL. I was not happy at all. 

15 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I am sorry to hear that Hoss. That's got to be frustrating as a fan to be shortened a race like that. I experienced that with baseball this year or last year due to their contract talks and so forth. But it was more like three months shorter. LOL. I was not happy at all. 

There were only 22 races in 2022, so even if the Chinese Grand Prix isn't replaced, we still get one more race this year.

1 minute ago, Garrett Duke said:

I totally agree with you, though with that said, I do know several people who were badly affected by it. 

very true. I know somebody that died from it! However, to listen to them talk, we should ALL be dead ! I haven't had a Booster, a shot or anything! ( This is my ghost typing this !!)

1 minute ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

very true. I know somebody that died from it! However, to listen to them talk, we should ALL be dead ! I haven't had a Booster, a shot or anything! ( This is my ghost typing this !!)

I know someone who died and a couple of others who almost died from it. I did get the first two shots because I thought where I worked at the time would prefer it ...but refuse to get any more shots for it. So maybe this is my ghost as well...LOL. Really hated how it affected my sports...

Getting the vaccine was a tough decision. I never got any of the shots. Ended up with covid in April 2020 and then again in Oct 2022. No symptoms that were very severe. I see a lot of conspiracy theories that people are dying from blood clots from the MRNA covid vaccine but I'm not buying any of those theories.....YET. I hope there is nothing to them. Most everybody I know got the jabs. Anybody ever see the movie "I Am Legend"? It's just a movie but has a pretty good message behind it. It's best to go slow with decisions if you have that luxury. 

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Getting the vaccine was a tough decision. I never got any of the shots. Ended up with covid in April 2020 and then again in Oct 2022. No symptoms that were very severe. I see a lot of conspiracy theories that people are dying from blood clots from the MRNA covid vaccine but I'm not buying any of those theories.....YET. I hope there is nothing to them. Most everybody I know got the jabs. Anybody ever see the movie "I Am Legend"? It's just a movie but has a pretty good message behind it. It's best to go slow with decisions if you have that luxury. 

I got the first two shots as mentioned. The first one I didn't get much of a reaction to it, the second one I felt horrible. My whole body hurt, I was cold. I stayed in bed all day...had a bad headache all week. That was over a year ago. Then last May right before my birthday I got Covid...felt just l ike after I got the second shot. So I'm pretty convinced that it gave me Covid or the symptoms of Covid. After that shot, I said, never ever again. And I haven't and am sticking with that. Why go through the reactions of feeling the real thing on purpose? I'm sure there are advantages to it, but it's not for me. And I've heard a lot of the conspiracy theories myself and I have no clue what to believe. Heck I don't know what to believe or think over the whole thing. You hear so many different stories and variables of it all...it just needs to go away. LOL 

The American Andretti Global team have partnered with General Motors with the aim of joining Formula 1. If their bid is successful, they will race under the Cadillac name. With all the formal processes they'll have to go through, it won't be until at least 2026. That's the same year that Audi will start using their own engines, although their takeover of the Alfa Romeo/Sauber team is already under way. Full story here.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:02 PM, Garrett Duke said:

But...how did my NASCAR News thread go from NASCAR to Covid? Who is trying to politicize my beloved NASCAR? :fryingpan:

Getting back to topic...

There is 43 more LOOOONNNNNGGGGG days until the Daytona 500!!!!

Be here before you know it Garrett. My Supercross motorcycle boys are already doing their thing. Race #1 was Saturday in California. 

6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Be here before you know it Garrett. My Supercross motorcycle boys are already doing their thing. Race #1 was Saturday in California. 

It really better be here before I know it. I am a loyal fan til the end, but this has been a very painful season to be a Chicago Bears fan. They went  3 - 14 this year. They lost the last ten games in a row. I swear I jinx any team or person I follow... :angry:

I so can't wait for baseball and NASCAR season...that's my happy season!

20 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

It really better be here before I know it. I am a loyal fan til the end, but this has been a very painful season to be a Chicago Bears fan. They went  3 - 14 this year. They lost the last ten games in a row. I swear I jinx any team or person I follow... :angry:

I so can't wait for baseball and NASCAR season...that's my happy season!

Brighten up. Your Cubs are 100% guaranteed of being better than my Pirates in 2023....my Steelers turned it on in the second half of the season but didn't make the playoffs either so I won't tease you. 

Jimmie Johnson new number revealed!

Finally some excited news to share with y'all regarding NASCAR. Jimmie Johnson has finally revealed his new car number!

*Drum Roll* :popcorn:

He will be driving the car number 84! Just 48, but backwards. LOL! He will always be the 48 with Hendrick. Sad he is racing for a different team and not Hendrick, but he couldn't co own or co run Hendrick as he is with Richard Petty...Johnson's former boss co runs Hendrick - Jeff Gordon. 

I'm just glad Johnson is back with NASCAR and I will get to see him for a few races this year...I'll be confused on who to go for. Johnson or Elliott. Maybe they will finish first and second those races!

25 days until the Busch Light Clash!

39 LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG days until Daytona 500! 

Kevin Harvick is retiring after 2023

More NASCAR news...if you are a Kevin  Harvick fan, you may want to cover your ears. This is set to be his last season of driving NASCAR. Not too surprised considering his age and how last season went.

Any Chase Elliott fan wouldn't be too sad to see this as they've had their share of arguments, so I'm not going to cry too  much. But it is also another veteran driver leaving the sport and that I do find sad.

But I take comfort that Jimmie Johnson will be back for a select amount of races this year...just wish he was racing full time. Even if it is for Petty and not Hendrick ... and in the 84 car and not the 48 car...

Now if only Jeff Gordon would come back....HA HA. As much as I would love to see that, I doubt that would ever happen.

I miss seeing Gordon and Johnson out on the track every week.

Go Chase Elliott! 

24 more days until the Busch Clash race !

38 loooonnnnggggg days until the Daytona 500!

Not that I'm counting or anything...I am just in need of NASCAR and baseball. My withdrawals real y'all! 

• 2 weeks later...

Kenseth, Shelmerdine, and McGriff into NASCAR Hall of Fame

Matt Kenseth, Kirk Shelmerdine, and Hershel McGriff were inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Matt Kenseth won the 2003 NASCAR championship (if I remember right, the first playoff championship). Shelmerdine was with Dale Earnhardt SR to help him with his seven championships, and McGriff won a few races...he raced in 2018 at the age of 90. I can't remember that, but how awesome is that? 

The only name of the three I know is Matt Kenseth. I watched him race against Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson. Gordon got his first punishment against Kenseth. They were racing at Bristol, Kenseth as leading and got booted from the lead, Gordon as third and on the last lap Kenseth wrecked Gordon. Immediately came over to apologize (Gordon still had helmet on) Gordon was mad and pushed Kenseth. Kenseth later said he should have waited a bit before apologizing...but NASCAR punished Gordon for pushing Kenseth. 

15 more days until the Clash at Bristol!

29 long days until the Daytona 500! We are slowly getting there y'all!