Cars we'd like to see on the big screen

Awright, havin' read this thread over, and having reviewed some of the other posts by a certain party....it looks like for some reason, this one just blew way outta porportion. Ain't nothin' more contagious than temper.

Yeah, it's a free Confederacy, and sometimes somebody will say something deliberately abrasive just to stir things up. We've seen our share of firebrands roll through town. They eventually get bored and move on.

At HazzardNet, we strive to conduct ourselves a little bit better, as to make a more enjoyable experience for all. Simply speakin', there's a limit to how far into the tank we'll let things drop.

For now, I just made a very minor edit on one objectionable term. Thanks to all who brought this fracas to our attention.

Sincerely,

Brian

HazzardNet Moderator

Content Editor

Forum Nazi

This guy I knew had one of those. A 1971 Skylark convertible. It was originally all green, inside and out, plus tons of rust when he bought it. It took him nearly 7 years and almost 17 thousand dollars to restore it. Expensive, but he got what he wanted out of it. It's now white with a black top and black interior. VERY fast, too!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the Starsky and Hutch Ford Torino should be in there, like it was in the first episode of the series (Cooter was driving it I think). Back then I think it was meant as an inside joke or homage to the Starsky and Hutch series. It would still work today what with the recent remake of Starsky and Hutch being fresh in everyone's collective memories (for better or for worse, lol)

I would like to see a 1969½ A12 package Plymouth Roadrunner (440 6v) also like this one. That car is completely stock by the way, nothing has been added or removed. It is exactly the way it rolled off the assembly line in 1969 (other than the front hubcaps which I will get to in a moment). It has less than 30,000 miles on it and the original spare tire is still in the trunk, having never touched the ground. All 4 of the tires it is wearing are also the original rubber that came on the car. The special hubcaps on front with the cartoon "Roadrunner" on them were a dealer option (the '69½ A12 package cars came with no hubcaps from the factory, just black stamped steel wheels like you see on the back of that car). They are mounted on a spindle that allows them to remain stationary while the tires are rotating. Makes for quite a sight going down the highway. These cars did mid to high 12's in the quarter mile stock and the one tested by Motor Trend when they came out set a record for them as the fastest new unmodified car they had ever tested.

I like the idea that someone else mentioned in this thread of a rice burner getting bumped off the road by the General Lee too. That would be a riot.

I do remember reading somewhere that the movie is supposed to take place in the modern time. So I don't know what they will use it the movie. Might be like another Starsky & Hutch with new and old cars. Maybe they shopuld put the Joe Dirt car in the movie. I live near the guy who bought it!

Ya'lls are confusing me real bad. I been gone a couple of days and I got way behind on the boards.

Is that a new Charger? I thought it was a four door... did you stretch that picture out, or is that how the Charger looks.

It aint so bad lookin orange if that how it really looks, an if that is how it looks compare the body to the 69" Charger. There similiar in alot of ways.

~Chet

Ya'lls are confusing me real bad. I been gone a couple of days and I got way behind on the boards.

Is that a new Charger? I thought it was a four door... did you stretch that picture out, or is that how the Charger looks.

It aint so bad lookin orange if that how it really looks, an if that is how it looks compare the body to the 69" Charger. There similiar in alot of ways.

~Chet

I made two pictures in Photoshop. The first one that I posted, I turned the car into a 2 door, made it orange, put an "01" on the door and some General Lee wheels. I got to fiddling around with the picture more and I stretched the front of the car and also moved the front wheels slightly forward, I stretched the rear of the car but left the wheels where they were originally and I added some curves and widened the C-pillar to make it a little more like the 2nd generation Chargers.

The actual 2006 Charger is only a 4 door and looks like this (this is the picture that I started with):

newcharger.jpg