Cars we'd like to see on the big screen

So long as we're Christmas shoppin' for what we'd like in the new Dukes flick, lemme throw this one out there. Besides the '69 Charger starring as the General Lee, what other types of late-model cars or muscle cars would you want on the big screen?

I remember that a Mustang was in the first reunion movie, and I enjoyed the fact that it was companionable to the General as far as age goes. (Anybody remember it, the "Double Zero?" I dont' recall the model year of the Mustang - it's a Ford, so you'll have to excuse me. But it sets a good example. It also got it's own die-cast release by ERTL.

So WB could clean up on merchandising above and beyond the General Lee toys, I'm thinkin'. That aside, for my money, the older, bigger, and louder cars of the late 50's through late 70's will always be THE movie cars in my book. Look at classics like "American Graffiti" and "Grease" and "Bullit". Who doesn't dig these movies just for the cars?

All that in mind, my picks for cars in the new Dukes movie would be....*drum roll* late 60's Chevy's, like Camaros and Impalas (anybody surprised? Heh.) and some big honkin' 70's machines like the Mach 1 Mustangs. Let the General Lee run with, ( or against! ) some cars that shared an era and let's use up every inch of that big screen.

I can only wish. I hope that the "Fast and Furious" type cars like mirco-Honda's and tricked-out Nissan's do NOT play a role in the Dukes movie.

Opinions?

Yes, no rice burners please. =)

1973 SD 455 Trans Am. (imagine me suggestin' that....tsk. LOL)

Besides 60's and 70's machines I'd like to make a pitch for a few 80's cars, such as Monte Carlo's, Olds 442's and Buick Grand Nationals (ahem, and Trans Am's too...but most folks poo poo me on that). Granted, the 80's are really not known for any muscle cars (lookit what Dodge and Plymouth were putting out at the time: Reliant, Aries, Horizon, Omni, a hatchback Charger, aka Plymouth Tursimo aka Chrylser Laser. Ack. Although I drove a Horizon and it was a damn realiable car but not too fast. LOL)

ANYWAY! If they do opt to use some great classic cars in the new Dukes movie, let's hope they actually USE the cars....and not just use them for automotive eye candy ala Nash Bridges. I wanna see Hazzard dirt flying from the back tires please!! =)

Fast and the Furious is an interesting movie but I tell ya tuners are not my idea of power. I agree keep all the car models later than 1985.

Cars I would love to see...

Gee, I wonder what would be first on my list... *giggles*

One car I would love to see is a 1970 454 Chevelle SS hardtop with blowers on it! Could be any color. But that would be the car I would love to see on there. *chuckles* Something like the 'MelbaToast' in "Dazed and Confused".

However if I had to make a 1980's selection that wasn't a Chevy product. I would love to see a Dodge Daytona. I rode in one of those once and at the time it looked like a peice of crap. But I could let if it had better paint and tune up it would be a pretty cool car.

Yeah, I've seen "American Graffiti" more times than I can count. I think the first day my family owned a VCR that tape was the chrisining tape! *laughs* There were tons of good cars in that movie. You have to love that big bad black 1955 Chevy that Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford, LOL) drove. Mmmmm mmmmm. I tell ya, not only was the actor good in that one but his car was pretty sanzy too. Plus the infamous white T-bird with that blond.

As MaryAnne put it... yes, Dirt must fly! Yes eye candy isn't enough. Cars sitting in the parking lots are nice but we need to see some action as well. I want to see a 1970 Chevelle tare into it with the General! Smoke on the black top! Tires squealing, engines roaring, dirt flying all over the place, and Chrome EVERYWHERE!

Deck the halls with Horsepower and Chrome... Falala La

Oops sorry... got carried away. *giggles*

LOL Val! :lol:

On the topic of cars for the Dukes movie, I would like to see either a newer corvette or mustang, or any 60's muscle car.

My favorite is a mustang. Just like in the 1st reunion movie...a 1967 shelby mustang...the only car to beat the General in a overland road race.

I also would like to see a 1968-1969 chevy camaro in the movie too. My first boyfriend had one! So I know how fast it can go!

Take CAre Y'all! Have a Great Night! :wink:

Vicki

It sounds like we're pretty much in agreement that we want to see big hunks of American muscle car in this flick, and the more, the merrier!

You know, I'd love to see the General Lee brute a Honda right off the road. Revenge for that "Fast and Furious" movie ( the original ) where the poor Dodge Charger gets smashed to smithereens. Eat this, ya little rice-cake on wheels! *wham!*

Okay, that wasn't politically correct, and somewhere a Honda owner is cursing my humor. And yeah, every time I'm filling up the gas tank in my old Impala at $1.80 a gallon, you have your justice.

But for big-screen chaos, I think a pack of muscle cars beats a herd of imports.

Can you imagine, if in "Smokey and the Bandit", the back of the semi opens, and Bert Reynolds is about to reveal his bootleg wheels....and out rolls a Datsun? ( That's what they called Nissan's back then, for you young folk.) Would have never been the same.

• 2 weeks later...

(IM POSTING AS AN AUTHOR NOT AS THIS CHARACTER)

I'd like to see a 1984 Iroc Z-28 Camaro in the cast of new cars on the big screen. There a good looking car, yet simbolize old muscle to me somehow. Just my opinion.

Another car I would like to see in the car cast is a 1981 Olds Cutless, my great great uncel was Ransom Eli Olds. The oldsmobile is a power machine and would play a great role in the new Dukes of Hazzard. But thats just another one of my opinions. Have fun all.

~Ghost

• 1 year later...

Hey Y'all

I have a couple I would like to see. 1970 Pontiac GTO " The Judge" and a 1975 Chevy El Camino and a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS w/454...Wait they were all featured in the movie - "Dazed And Confused" :D

But the car I want featured more in a movie is Eleanor - 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 from the movie Gone In Seconds..There is something about seeing those Mustangs on the big screen....

Darrell

I remember that a Mustang was in the first reunion movie, and I enjoyed the fact that it was companionable to the General as far as age goes. (Anybody remember it, the "Double Zero?" I dont' recall the model year of the Mustang - it's a Ford, so you'll have to excuse me. But it sets a good example. It also got it's own die-cast release by ERTL.

the "00" was a nice car and it was driven by a character by the name of "Buzz Kilgore"

• 2 months later...

The '67 mustang ,yes/the ss chevelle,yes,and anything under 1981 yes, but don't forget daisy's yellow road runner,that was one hot car too!

I have to agree with coltrane,about the fast and furious,the previews made it look like the black charger was the star of the show,man was I pissed when they totalled it,wich totalled me for that show!

so having the general lee revenge would be sweet....lol!

anything newer then rocos patrol car in my opinion shouldn't be in this movie!

Keep it all classic muscle '60's to 1981 !

I'm a chev man myself,but my dream car is and always will be the '69 dodge charger R/T !

I love all makes of muscle cars of the '60's and '70's,it was muscle mania heaven of that era! And no other era will ever come close,considering they were plain and simple and fast!

Other muscle cars I'd like to see,is the superbee/coronet/'68 camaro( boss hoggs runner car and black tilly(jessie's runner,think it was a torino,not sure)>>> of course jessie did have tilly the second>>>'65 or '66 mustang!

Put it all together,and you got a hot movie and sequel on your hands!!!! :lol:

The '67 mustang ,yes/the ss chevelle,yes,and anything under 1981 yes, but don't forget daisy's yellow road runner,that was one hot car too!

I have to agree with coltrane,about the fast and furious,the previews made it look like the black charger was the star of the show,man was I pissed when they totalled it,wich totalled me for that show!

so having the general lee revenge would be sweet....lol!

anything newer then rocos patrol car in my opinion shouldn't be in this movie!

Keep it all classic muscle '60's to 1981 !

I'm a chev man myself,but my dream car is and always will be the '69 dodge charger R/T !

I love all makes of muscle cars of the '60's and '70's,it was muscle mania heaven of that era! And no other era will ever come close,considering they were plain and simple and fast!

Other muscle cars I'd like to see,is the superbee/coronet/'68 camaro( boss hoggs runner car and black tilly(jessie's runner,think it was a torino,not sure)>>> of course jessie did have tilly the second>>>'65 or '66 mustang!

Put it all together,and you got a hot movie and sequel on your hands!!!! :lol:

i know how you "wish" that classic cars could be in the movie, just as much as i wish I could be jessica and ashlee simpson's eternal sex slave. but those are just wishes.

the movie is set in the 2005, this movie is not about the 70's/80's and it sure as hell ain't about the tv show.

truth is, the show sucked, only 2 thngs made the show watchable, the car and catherine bach's pert posterior.

i know how you "wish" that classic cars could be in the movie, just as much as i wish jessica and ashlee simpson could be my eternal sex slaves, but those are just wishes.

the movie is set in the 2005, this movie is not about the 70's/80's and it sure as hell ain't about the tv show.

truth is, the show sucked, only 2 thngs made the show watchable, the car and catherine bach's sexy ass

Hey that was uncalled for. Remember this is a family board. I am asking ONCE AGAIN not to use profanity and that type of language on here. Now I am asking that YOU keep your opinions to yourself and not share them on here, since you seem not to do it in a respectful way...

Darrell

Bamamediamafia:

This site is for Fans of the show, and if you didnt like the show, why are you looking at a messege board that is nothing but Dukes of Hazzard? Obviously you dont have a clue. If you are so interested in Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, go to there sites and stay off this one. Another thing is, is that you dont have a clue about the movie either. Your right, the movie is 2005 not the 70's/80's but it is about the TV show. Maybe if you was a fan you would know a little more about the original show and the movie.

Get a clue dude!!!

i know how you "wish" that classic cars could be in the movie, just as much as i wish I could be jessica and ashlee simpson's eternal sex slave, but those are just wishes.

truth is, the show sucked, only 2 thngs made the show watchable, the car and catherine bach's pert posterior

Hey that was uncalled for. Remember this is a family board. I am asking ONCE AGAIN not to use profanity and that type of language on here. Now I am asking that YOU keep your opinions to yourself and not share them on here, since you seem not to do it in a respectful way...

Darrell

freedom of speech you forum nazi

Bamamediamafia,

I agree with Darrell. That type of language is not welcome here. Some of us are trying to raise our children with the same type of GREAT show that we grew up on and teach them about it with this forum. I personnally don't want to have to censor this sight from my son who is developing into a dukes fan already. So, if you can't offer your opinions without being offensive and foul mouthed about it then you should find somewhere else to voice them. This is a sight dedicated to fans of the Dukes of Hazzard, not people who want to come on here and trash it like yourself.

Brian

Bamamediamafia,

I agree with Darrell. That type of language is not welcome here. Some of us are trying to raise our children with the same type of GREAT show that we grew up on and teach them about it with this forum. I personnally don't want to have to censor this sight from my son who is developing into a dukes fan already. So, if you can't offer your opinions without being offensive and foul mouthed about it then you should find somewhere else to voice them. This is a sight dedicated to fans of the Dukes of Hazzard, not people who want to come on here and trash it like yourself.

Brian

let me tell you something pal, i can say whatever the hell i want to say,, even if you don;'t like what i say, even if I don't remember it later, then you really don't want to take your kids to see this movie because it will not be like your precious tv show.

teach the kid what is real in this world, don't hide them from the truth.

You know your right, you can say whatever you want, why dont you go say it somewheres else!!! You know its people like you that cause parents to have to mointor what our kids see on the internet. Since you have to be so crude, foul mouthed, and disrespectful, our kids cant have the freedom to look at this forum. Its not the matter of learning whats in the real world, its about people like you ruining a perfectly good forum by using profanity and using it just because you can and being a down right JERK about it!!!!! Like BubbaDuke said, "my son who is developing into a dukes fan already" these sites help bring on another generation of Duke Fan and we dont need people like you messing it up for our kids!!!

"let me tell you something pal, i can say whatever the hell i want to say,, if you don;'t like what i say, then you really don't want to take your kids to see this movie because it will not be like your precious tv show."

In a way you are right. You do have freedom of speech - however if you can't say things differently then I suggest that you don't log on to the forum anymore. But as for the movie - Everyone needs to realize that the Dukes of Hazzard DID have foul language. And for those of you who don't think that this new movie is going to be any good - Allow me to remind yous of a very old saying - Don't judge a book by its cover - you need to read a bit first before you jump to conclusions. So as for the movie - why not try to reserve judgement until it comes out. Who knows - you may actually enjoy the movie. Just because the actors you like aren't in it doesn't mean that it won't be any good. Remember - this movie is pretty much based on a new generation trying to give the Dukes a modern day appeal.

"let me tell you something pal, i can say whatever the hell i want to say,, if you don;'t like what i say, then you really don't want to take your kids to see this movie because it will not be like your precious tv show."

In a way you are right. You do have freedom of speech - however if you can't say things differently then I suggest that you don't log on to the forum anymore. But as for the movie - Everyone needs to realize that the Dukes of Hazzard DID have foul language. And for those of you who don't think that this new movie is going to be any good - Allow me to remind yous of a very old saying - Don't judge a book by its cover - you need to read a bit first before you jump to conclusions. So as for the movie - why not try to reserve judgement until it comes out. Who knows - you may actually enjoy the movie. Just because the actors you like aren't in it doesn't mean that it won't be any good. Remember - this movie is pretty much based on a new generation trying to give the Dukes a modern day appeal.

R.J. that's what i have been saying.

the concerned parents that call me a jerk, you contradict yourselves saying your trying to raise your kids in a wholesome environment yet let them watch catherine bach walking around in shorts small enough to almost be a g-string.

for you to sit there and call me a jerk, says ten times more about yourselves.