Arrest Chet Duke!

MaryAnne

*Hardly waiting for Luke and Daney to settle into the car before gunning the engine and heading off toward town. Eager for action, any kind of action.*

*Wide awake now and feeling much better. I don't look at Lukas or Bo. Say quietly.*Is Garrett ok? *pause* Can't you drop me off somewhere and tell Brian I ran away?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Id put holes in the crate... the termites have to eat...*gives a grin but then it fades giving a sigh* ah well it was a nice try, besides, Egypt would just ship Chet back...

Postage due.

*eyes catch Doc's presence, and can't help but smile a little bit. But there is business to attend to, first* Doc, would you please check Chet's punkin' head down there....he's got a thang for fallin' on his brains, and Lord knows there's no extra to go around.

*looks to Daniel next* And we'd better bring back that spindly-legged colt that ran off from the courthouse lawn. It was a good thang you caught 'em before he ran into traffic r' somethin'... *neatly absolving Daniel of any wrongdoing*

Brian didn't say anything about Garrett...and no, we can't just drop you off somewhere, Daney. *shaking my head that the question was even asked.*

*a slight but quite audible snort of my own at the idea. Not hardly.... I ain't even entirely let go of Daney's arm, even in the car at full speed, making her sit still* We'll find out soon enough.

Guest DanielPHorse
Postage due.

*eyes catch Doc's presence, and can't help but smile a little bit. But there is business to attend to, first* Doc, would you please check Chet's punkin' head down there....he's got a thang for fallin' on his brains, and Lord knows there's no extra to go around.

*looks to Daniel next* And we'd better bring back that spindly-legged colt that ran off from the courthouse lawn. It was a good thang you caught 'em before he ran into traffic r' somethin'... *neatly absolving Daniel of any wrongdoing*

*Daniel nods* Aee, I will bring him. He has been as gentle as a kitten and enjoying a good graze. He is a fine pony. Too fine for his owner, but . . . as you say, buck.

*Daniel nods* Aee, I will bring him. He has been as gentle as a kitten and enjoying a good graze. He is a fine pony. Too fine for his owner, but . . . as you say, buck.

Thank ya. *smiles at Daniel* That colt could use some good horsemanship... runnin' over people, particularily me, is a bad habit. *clasps one of Daniel's arms in appreciation, before he leaves with Swift...*

*and soon a distinctive roar is heard, growing gradually louder* That would be inbound flight "01", sounds like....

Brian didn't say anything about Garrett...and no, we can't just drop you off somewhere, Daney. *shaking my head that the question was even asked.*
*a slight but quite audible snort of my own at the idea. Not hardly.... I ain't even entirely let go of Daney's arm, even in the car at full speed, making her sit still* We'll find out soon enough.

That would get you two in trouble with him and I don't want to do that*I reply and notice out the front windshield, that we're in town.*

That would get you two in trouble with him and I don't want to do that*I reply and notice out the front windshield, that we're in town.*

*sounding "Dixie" as we enter the town square, more from habit than anything else, screeching to a stop next to the assembled group.* See...I managed to get ya here without anyone being killed - or even maimed. *speaking to our weaker-stomached cousin*

*sounding "Dixie" as we enter the town square, more from habit than anything else, screeching to a stop next to the assembled group.* See...I managed to get ya here without anyone being killed - or even maimed. *speaking to our weaker-stomached cousin*

*an amused-wry eyebrow quirk... chuckling then as I encourage Daney out with a push, and climb out after her, only losing my grip on her for a moment. I wait for Bo to join us, flanking the dark-haired woman, before striding up the sidewalk, bringing our prisoner to Brian*

*Rolls into town in Cooter's pickup having come up empty handed in my county wide search for Chet's horse. Seeing the assembly on the side walk I park the truck by the garage and walk over to the court house to see what is going on* Looks like I've missed alot, what's been going on here? *looks at Chet's still form on the ground*

*Rolls into town in Cooter's pickup having come up empty handed in my county wide search for Chet's horse. Seeing the assembly on the side walk I park the truck by the garage and walk over to the court house to see what is going on* Looks like I've missed alot, what's been going on here? *looks at Chet's still form on the ground*

Chet's been tranquilized, he'll live. He escaped, ya see, and...well, I reckon he can fill ya in himself when he wakes up.

*looks at the two newly-arrived Duke boys, who are dragging Daney along as if to the proverbial gallows* Khee! Oh, let her go. Garrett's been all worried, she's his problem, now.

( and with this, I'm gonna pause and let Garrett and Daney have a chance to exchange some dialogue. The show ain't over yet, though...)

*an amused-wry eyebrow quirk... chuckling then as I encourage Daney out with a push, and climb out after her, only losing my grip on her for a moment. I wait for Bo to join us, flanking the dark-haired woman, before striding up the sidewalk, bringing our prisoner to Brian*

*walking up with Luke, one hand on Daney's arm to keep her between Luke and I, I look at the group assembled, visually assessing that everyone's okay - except for the knocked-out Duke, and even that, I notice that his breathing is even and regular - if shallow - so he doesn't appear to be in any real danger.* Brian...*quiet, giving a nod, respectfully greeting the black-clad man, who's obviously in charge of the current crowd. Nodding politely to MaryAnne, Alex and Garrett too, as well as the doctor.*

Chet's been tranquilized, he'll live. He escaped, ya see, and...well, I reckon he can fill ya in himself when he wakes up.

*looks at the two newly-arrived Duke boys, who are dragging Daney along as if to the proverbial gallows* Khee! Oh, let her go. Garrett's been all worried, she's his problem, now.

( and with this, I'm gonna pause and let Garrett and Daney have a chance to exchange some dialogue. The show ain't over yet, though...)

*wth a final long look at Daney, I release her arm, folding both my own across my chest, freeing her to go forward... or run... depends on her*

(Connection issue. Garrett left for the night it appears. Freeze please.)

B.L. nods at Brian's answer gazing around the group of assembled Hazzardites.

hmmm, sending Chet anywhere could be consider a hostile act. *squats down next to the unconscious Duke, noting the breathing is regular, with no signs of distress, checks the pulse on the wrist briefly, and touches the head to turn it gently, checking the head would is simply a scratch* You know, for acting Lord of the Outlaws, Chet spends alot of his time in an unconscious heap.

*Standing back from everyone, though within hearing distance, takes everything in quietly while contemplating what to do next when the sound of The General comes in loud and clear before it comes into sight. Silently watches as Bo and Luke get out with Daney before taking another look at Brian as he tells them to let her go and allow a small smile to cross face to see some closure to the ordeal that had just happened before it quickly disappears. Steals a quick glance at Chet's still body, wondering when he'll wake up and what will be in store for him when he wakes up. Sighing heavily, look back up to watch Bo and Luke let Daney go, yet stay where I stand.*

*Remembering what Brian said earlier at the clinic, I glance away from him. To where MaryAnne is with no badge and two guns. That scares me enough that I don't move toward Garrett. However, I am glad to see he appears to be alright. Unlike Chet who is laying on the ground with Chance assessing his injuries. Smile and say* Garrett, I am glad to see you're alright.

*Nods at Daney who seems to be keeping her distance from me while eyeing her momentarily.* Glad to see you free from those two *looks over towards Bo and Luke before glancing back at Daney* and look to be alright.

Yeah, I'm fine.*pause and still looking at Garrett* Is Chet going to be ok?

*Nods at Daney who seems to be keeping her distance from me while eyeing her momentarily.* Glad to see you free from those two *looks over towards Bo and Luke before glancing back at Daney* and look to be alright.

*wry-amused little snort at the "these two" comment, otherwise unruffled... glancing over to check out Brian's state of mind, before stepping over to watch Chance check on Chet*

*wry-amused little snort at the "these two" comment, otherwise unruffled... glancing over to check out Brian's state of mind, before stepping over to watch Chance check on Chet*

*stepping back a bit from the group, figuring Daney's going to be skittish for awhile, giving her room. Also having a couple of nagging details to deal with yet. One of them being the man with long blonde hair in a leather jacket. Crooks finger at him in a silent "c'mere you" gesture.*

*stepping back a bit from the group, figuring Daney's going to be skittish for awhile, giving her room. Also having a couple of nagging details to deal with yet. One of them being the man with long blonde hair in a leather jacket. Crooks finger at him in a silent "c'mere you" gesture.*

*watching the situation then sees the waggling finger from Brian and moves away from the group to join him*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.