Arrest Chet Duke!

MaryAnne

*notices MaryAnne's subtle message as the tranquilizer gun is re-loaded, but doesn't respond to it directly, just yet*

No, Garrett.... I nevah had any intention of killin' you, despite you tryin' to win me over to the idea. Nor did I have any intention of hurtin' Daney. And despite what its done to me, I have no wish to hurt the damn horse.

*glances from Garrett, to MaryAnne* I told Chet some dire thangs to make him think about the fact that his actions got consequences to others, not just himself. But when I said he'd nevah see somebody again...well, I was talkin' bus tickets to Seattle or somethin'. Make mah hostages scarce, and safe, until the whole thang with Chet was settled.

*looks back to Garrett* If I really wanted you dead...and Daney gone, and the horse gone, it coulda already been done several times over. Hell, if I wanted Chet dead, ah had mah chance in there.

*returns gaze to MaryAnne* But that ain't who I am. If actions speak louder than words, cousin....judge me fairly, for what ah've done, and ain't done... before you send me down for a snooze with that next dart.

*Eyes Brian for a long moment, allows it all to sink in before eyes fall down onto Chet's still body. Looking up at Brian, wondering how much of that was said for MaryAnne, before giving a slight nod.* Well I appreciate your plan you had there Brian. Not too keen on visiting Seattle or anything, but I guess it'd be better than being six feet under. *Eyes dart to Chet once more, remembering what Brian had said he had told him. Shaking head looks away from him.* Yeah *sarcastic small laugh* you had plenty of chances to kill me if you really wanted to. Was kinda wondering why you hadn't...I mean it'd take a while before too many people missed me enough to send a search team out for me. You could be long gone by then. *falls into silent thought while hand routinely goes to pocket before I yank it back out in frustration.*

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*notices MaryAnne's subtle message as the tranquilizer gun is re-loaded, but doesn't respond to it directly, just yet*

No, Garrett.... I nevah had any intention of killin' you, despite you tryin' to win me over to the idea. Nor did I have any intention of hurtin' Daney. And despite what its done to me, I have no wish to hurt the damn horse.

*glances from Garrett, to MaryAnne* I told Chet some dire thangs to make him think about the fact that his actions got consequences to others, not just himself. But when I said he'd nevah see somebody again...well, I was talkin' bus tickets to Seattle or somethin'. Make mah hostages scarce, and safe, until the whole thang with Chet was settled.

*looks back to Garrett* If I really wanted you dead...and Daney gone, and the horse gone, it coulda already been done several times over. Hell, if I wanted Chet dead, ah had mah chance in there.

*returns gaze to MaryAnne* But that ain't who I am. If actions speak louder than words, cousin....judge me fairly, for what ah've done, and ain't done... before you send me down for a snooze with that next dart.

Oh I wasn't really gonna shoot you with this thing--well, okay the thought did cross my mind. A few times... *gives a small grin and puts the tranq gun back on other side of gun belt*

I'm sorry for my way of actin' earlier. I believed ya when you said you wanted to finish this without bloodshed. I just.... *shrugs* Ah, forget it.

*The drink of water makes me feel even better. After Bo redoes the bindings, I try to get comfortable. Wishing we'd hear from someone. Good or bad news...*

(Good idea, nite all!)

*Watching Daney settle in again, my gaze darts to my cousin.* I'm gonna step outside for a few minutes. *Heading out the door and leaning against the side of the cabin, eyes closing briefly, worried about how Brian, MaryAnne and everyone else is doing in town.*

Oh I wasn't really gonna shoot you with this thing--well, okay the thought did cross my mind. A few times... *gives a small grin and puts the tranq gun back on other side of gun belt*

I'm sorry for my way of actin' earlier. I believed ya when you said you wanted to finish this without bloodshed. I just.... *shrugs* Ah, forget it.

*reaches into inner jacket pocket, slowly, and draws out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, offering them to Garrett. Lord knows the poor guy needs a smoke after all this. Speaks to both him and MaryAnne with the next statement*

I know ah've still done a lot of thangs against the law. No doubt about it. And ah've got a lot to square away. Garrett, you may not evah believe me, or forgive me, and that's awright. I only hope that you can prove your brother wrong about ya...'cause you are worth standin' up for. If Chet nevah wants to see you again, it's his loss. *gives Garrett a pat on the shoulder*

Meantime....I can't dee-prive MaryAnne of the special joy that shootin' me would bring her. I just gotta tidy up some details first. If you'll excuse me to make a radio call, Deputy?

*reaches into inner jacket pocket, slowly, and draws out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, offering them to Garrett. Lord knows the poor guy needs a smoke after all this. Speaks to both him and MaryAnne with the next statement*

I know ah've still done a lot of thangs against the law. No doubt about it. And ah've got a lot to square away. Garrett, you may not evah believe me, or forgive me, and that's awright. I only hope that you can prove your brother wrong about ya...'cause you are worth standin' up for. If Chet nevah wants to see you again, it's his loss. *gives Garrett a pat on the shoulder*

Meantime....I can't dee-prive MaryAnne of the special joy that shootin' me would bring her. I just gotta tidy up some details first. If you'll excuse me to make a radio call, Deputy?

*raises eyebrow at the "special joy" comment. Gives a nod to request* By all means...

*Takes a cigarette and lights it and offer them back to Brian.* Thanks. I somehow lost mine...probably back at the clinic. *inhales deeply before blowing out.* I appreciate what you've said and hopefully someday I will prove myself to him. Who knows, maybe one day, I will. *Shakes head doubtfully.* Anyway, never thought I'd be saying this when all this started, but somehow *pauses dramatically to inhale once more* I do believe ya. As for me, I have no hard feelings towards you.

*Daniel nods as he nudges Swift into a quick trot and then a canter* Chet Duke is like a coyote. He grins like a man's friend, but then when you offer him food, he bites your hand instead! I do not trust him either, buck. Whatever is happening, you can be sure that it will not end well if Brian does not have help from his friends.

*Daniel and Alex arrive in town, Daniel guiding Swift straight to the courthouse...sees the scene, MaryAnne, Garrett, Brian and Chet lying on the ground at their feet. As Daniel stops Swift, the blond man dismounts and joins the crowd, gazing down at the unconscious Duke* Well... this is interesting. *gaze going to Brian*

*Watching Daney settle in again, my gaze darts to my cousin.* I'm gonna step outside for a few minutes. *Heading out the door and leaning against the side of the cabin, eyes closing briefly, worried about how Brian, MaryAnne and everyone else is doing in town.*

*nodding, watching Bo walk back out... blue eyes leveling a thoughtful, steady gaze at Daney before looking back down to the strip of wood I'm whittling at, for lack of anything else to do wth my hands. Dukes really weren't meant to just... sit. Though we are, anyway...*

*Takes a cigarette and lights it and offer them back to Brian.* Thanks. I somehow lost mine...probably back at the clinic. *inhales deeply before blowing out.* I appreciate what you've said and hopefully someday I will prove myself to him. Who knows, maybe one day, I will. *Shakes head doubtfully.* Anyway, never thought I'd be saying this when all this started, but somehow *pauses dramatically to inhale once more* I do believe ya. As for me, I have no hard feelings towards you.

S' good to know, Garrett. Thank ya. *pockets the cigarettes again, smiling a little* Hopefully, if there's a next time, we won't start out on opposite sides of the field.

*after speaking this, nods to cousin, acknowledging her as well. Then, casually steps over Chet's body in order to walk back to Diablo, needing the CB. Notices Alex and Daniel coming on to the scene, but decides to make the CB call first*

Blackbird to Black Sheep, you listenin' out there? Come back...

*the commotion at the courthouse had not gone unnoticed across the street to the clinic, since Diablo's return, Doc had been watching carefully from the porch and since noone seemed in danger, heeding Brian's request to stay away from Chet. Sitting on the porch step, having a well-needed cup of coffee, she could not hear the conversation but kept a quiet watch if she should be needed*

S' good to know, Garrett. Thank ya. *pockets the cigarettes again, smiling a little* Hopefully, if there's a next time, we won't start out on opposite sides of the field.

*after speaking this, nods to cousin, acknowledging her as well. Then, casually steps over Chet's body in order to walk back to Diablo, needing the CB. Notices Alex and Daniel coming on to the scene, but decides to make the CB call first*

Blackbird to Black Sheep, you listenin' out there? Come back...

*Hearing the CB crackle to life, I give a short whistle to Luke, hoping he recognizes the signal, then quickly move over to the General and lean in the passenger window to grab the CB, having to chuckle at the new handle* You got your Black Sheep here, Blackbird. You okay? *not going into detail over the open airwaves, but checking anyway.*

*Hearing the CB crackle to life, I give a short whistle to Luke, hoping he recognizes the signal, then quickly move over to the General and lean in the passenger window to grab the CB, having to chuckle at the new handle* You got your Black Sheep here, Blackbird. You okay? *not going into detail over the open airwaves, but checking anyway.*

Well....*looking back at MaryAnne who's watching every move while wearing two guns, and no badge* Ah'm awright for now, and I think thangs are settled down enough that I can lay out all the cards. Go ahead and bring back Daney. I'll take the heat for everythang, if she makes noise. Meet me heah at the courthouse.

Well....*looking back at MaryAnne who's watching every move while wearing two guns, and no badge* Ah'm awright for now, and I think thangs are settled down enough that I can lay out all the cards. Go ahead and bring back Daney. I'll take the heat for everythang, if she makes noise. Meet me heah at the courthouse.

Yes, Sir! *answering with customary enthusiasm for action* We'll be there as soon as we can - 20 minutes or so.

*coming outside in answer to Bo's whistle, in time to hear the last part. I glance quickly to my cousin for the rest of it* Things are settled, eh? I guess we can take some heart for the fact he don't sound too harried or guilty.

*a wry smile... then turning to go back inside, giving Daney's cot a mild kick to wake her back up* C'mon, time to go. Brian wants ya. *a dark mischief to the tone*

Yes, Sir! *answering with customary enthusiasm for action* We'll be there as soon as we can - 20 minutes or so.

*does quick math in head, with the distance and the time promised to cover it*

Better have an air-sick bag in the car for Daney, s' all I can say. See ya soon.

*chuckles and hangs up the mike. Returns to the gathering on the sidewalk, that is collected around Chet's body, as if admiring a bagged bear on a hunting expedition. Pauses alongside Chet to rub toe of boot against his side, polishing off a scuff mark. Looks over Chet's inert form to see Daniel and Alex standing there*

Look who's heah. What's up your sleeve now, Alex?

*coming outside in answer to Bo's whistle, in time to hear the last part. I glance quickly to my cousin for the rest of it* Things are settled, eh? I guess we can take some heart for the fact he don't sound too harried or guilty.

*a wry smile... then turning to go back inside, giving Daney's cot a mild kick to wake her back up* C'mon, time to go. Brian wants ya. *a dark mischief to the tone*

*It takes a few seconds to wake up. Hazel eyes glance sleepily at Luke and I ask* Do you get to drive this time?

*does quick math in head, with the distance and the time promised to cover it*

Better have an air-sick bag in the car for Daney, s' all I can say. See ya soon.

*chuckles and hangs up the mike. Returns to the gathering on the sidewalk, that is collected around Chet's body, as if admiring a bagged bear on a hunting expedition. Pauses alongside Chet to rub toe of boot against his side, polishing off a scuff mark. Looks over Chet's inert form to see Daniel and Alex standing there*

Look who's heah. What's up your sleeve now, Alex?

*crossing arms over chest* Nothing seeing as how a dart has done the job for me... *glances down at the dart protruding from Chet's back* Nice shot though I can just imagine what went on here... *glances at MaryAnne seeing the dart gun on her hip*

*Rendered unconscious from the tranqulizer dart, doesnt move at the rub of Brians toe against my side. Lays in a heap, still except for the steady rise and fall of my sides as I breath. The drop of blood on my brow has spread down my temple and is drying in its decent.*

*crossing arms over chest* Nothing seeing as how a dart has done the job for me... *glances down at the dart protruding from Chet's back* Nice shot though I can just imagine what went on here... *glances at MaryAnne seeing the dart gun on her hip*

*crossing arms over chest in mimic of Alex's posture* Chet escaped after I said a few thangs to him. Fortunately MaryAnne was hangin' around, and she dropped him in his tracks. Otherwise...he mighta been inclined to do some damage.

I know you woulda been heah too, Alex, but you were tied up at the time.

*It takes a few seconds to wake up. Hazel eyes glance sleepily at Luke and I ask* Do you get to drive this time?

Probably not. I think we'll let you sit on the window side this time though. *having heard, and now it's hard to forget, the "airsick bag" comment* Come on. *bending to untie the ropes, then grabbing ahold of her arm to lever her up and ahead of me toward the door... taking just a moment to make sure the dampers are closed on the wood stove so the fire'll die safely before heading out to the General. I can hear the engine roar to life almost before we clear the doorway... Bo's eager*

*crossing arms over chest in mimic of Alex's posture* Chet escaped after I said a few thangs to him. Fortunately MaryAnne was hangin' around, and she dropped him in his tracks. Otherwise...he mighta been inclined to do some damage.

I know you woulda been heah too, Alex, but you were tied up at the time.

*glances at MaryAnne again giving a smile* Well Im glad you were able to dart him MaryAnne...*looks down at Chet again scowling* Since hes out like a light and should be for awhile now if thats animal tranquilizer, can we box him up in a crate, punch some holes in it and mail it to Egypt?

*observing for a few minutes more, sensing no immediate danger, given Chet has gone from being temporary official outlaw to official Hazzard speedbump, decided to join the gathering crowd. Setting down her coffee cup, walks across the street, looking down at Chet on the street* You know you really shouldn't litter, Maryanne. *nudges the unconscious man with her boot*

*glances at MaryAnne again giving a smile* Well Im glad you were able to dart him MaryAnne...*looks down at Chet again scowling* Since hes out like a light and should be for awhile now if thats animal tranquilizer, can we box him up in a crate, punch some holes in it and mail it to Egypt?

Ah'm surprised you wanna put holes in it. I figured you'd drop it straight into the ground....

But he's MaryAnne's prisoner. She's went through a helluva lot to keep him. I wouldn't try grand theft road apple if ah were you.

Probably not. I think we'll let you sit on the window side this time though. *having heard, and now it's hard to forget, the "airsick bag" comment* Come on. *bending to untie the ropes, then grabbing ahold of her arm to lever her up and ahead of me toward the door... taking just a moment to make sure the dampers are closed on the wood stove so the fire'll die safely before heading out to the General. I can hear the engine roar to life almost before we clear the doorway... Bo's eager*

*Hardly waiting for Luke and Daney to settle into the car before gunning the engine and heading off toward town. Eager for action, any kind of action.*

Ah'm surprised you wanna put holes in it. I figured you'd drop it straight into the ground....

But he's MaryAnne's prisoner. She's went through a helluva lot to keep him. I wouldn't try grand theft road apple if ah were you.

Of course Id put holes in the crate... the termites have to eat...*gives a grin but then it fades giving a sigh* ah well it was a nice try, besides, Egypt would just ship Chet back...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.