Arrest Chet Duke!

MaryAnne

*ignores the fussing of the handcuff and looks at a report* Nah, not really. A little mouthy, a little stomping around in the cell. *declines to mention the hollaring, the trashed jail cell, the fire, or the use of the tranq dart*

Hmm. Ah'm amazed. You musta put the hurt on 'em. *lifts up the left wrist* Listen, I know there's thangs un-ree-solved heah....but would you show me the kindness of removin' this heah metal bracelet?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Ah'm amazed. You musta put the hurt on 'em. *lifts up the left wrist* Listen, I know there's thangs un-ree-solved heah....but would you show me the kindness of removin' this heah metal bracelet?

I showed you kindness by putting it on in the first place... *gives cousin a long side ways look, blue eyes making it clear that there are definitely things unresolved. After a moment, gets up off the stool and removes the handcuff key from belt. Unlocks the broken cuff, removing it from cousin's wrist. Says nothing further and turns back to the booking desk, tossing the cuff on top of it. Sits back down.*

I showed you kindness by putting it on in the first place... *gives cousin a long side ways look, blue eyes making it clear that there are definitely things unresolved. After a moment, gets up off the stool and removes the handcuff key from belt. Unlocks the broken cuff, removing it from cousin's wrist. Says nothing further and turns back to the booking desk, tossing the cuff on top of it. Sits back down.*

Thank ya.... *giving a shallow sigh, rubbing the left wrist* Ya know, I hate it when yer mad at me. Right now, part of you wants to throw me back in jail. The other part of you, wants me to go ahead and git mahself killed if ah'm so determined to do it....

Thank ya.... *giving a shallow sigh, rubbing the left wrist* Ya know, I hate it when yer mad at me. Right now, part of you wants to throw me back in jail. The other part of you, wants me to go ahead and git mahself killed if ah'm so determined to do it....

You seem hell bent on doing something, cousin. Either killing yourself or killing somebody else. I'd rather you didn't, of course, but I'm not so sure my words or deeds carry much weight anymore...

You seem hell bent on doing something, cousin. Either killing yourself or killing somebody else. I'd rather you didn't, of course, but I'm not so sure my words or deeds carry much weight anymore...

Aw, come on now. *moving a couple steps closer to cousin* I said it at the beginnin' of this whole thang. Finesse is what separates me from the riff-raff. Killin' Chet outright, or gettin' mahself killed, would lack finesse. It wouldn't be victory. I want to beat Chet and have him alive to remember that ah did it. I also want to be alive to gloat.

*steps closer once more, until standing directly next to seated cousin*

Aw, come on now. *moving a couple steps closer to cousin* I said it at the beginnin' of this whole thang. Finesse is what separates me from the riff-raff. Killin' Chet outright, or gettin' mahself killed, would lack finesse. It wouldn't be victory. I want to beat Chet and have him alive to remember that ah did it. I also want to be alive to gloat.

*steps closer once more, until standing directly next to seated cousin*

*glances at cousin and then picks up some reports off the desk, slides off the stool, and walks away from the booking desk, and from cousin* That sounds wonderful, Brian. Really does. I wish you all the luck in the world... *goes to a filing cabinet near Boss's office to file the report*

*glances at cousin and then picks up some reports off the desk, slides off the stool, and walks away from the booking desk, and from cousin* That sounds wonderful, Brian. Really does. I wish you all the luck in the world... *goes to a filing cabinet near Boss's office to file the report*

*soft, low, reactive growl....cousin's disregard, when added on top of Benedict Alex's antics, and Garrett's distain, and Chet's usual attitude, causing a mounting anger*

You started this thang, ya know. You wanna think less of me for havin' a bloodless finish to it? Fine. Then you can sit heah 24-7 and wonder what the hell will happen when Chet gits loose. 'Cause sooner or later, he will. And if he's out on his terms, insteada mine...

...you truly will have a new outlaw lord around heah, and I wish you all the luck then.

Only natural that you'd be curious. Well... I ain't gonna keep you in suspense for too long. Sit tight for a few minutes, eh? If all goes well, ah'll be back out soon.

*with this, gets out of Diablo, taking the car keys along...not too worried about Garrett stealing the car, but not wanting to tempt him too strongly. Holds arm close against the left side of ribcage, walking to the courthouse as quickly as the injuries allow. The tight bandaging around the ribcage keeps things in place, but the pain is relentless, and deep breaths are difficult.*

*and yet, there's no option but to go forward. Walks up the courthouse stairs and down the hall, and then strolls into the booking room, innocent as pie, as if the most natural place to be right now in the whole world, is right here.*

*Sitting alone in Brian's parked car, quietly watch the small activity in the street while thoughts wander back to where all had started. How I got involved to where we are now. Glancing down, pull shirt up to take in the bandage that shows a large dark area where blood had stained the bandage. Either fresh or old. Placing shirt down and ignoring the pain once more, glance up at the court house with thoughts of walking out and attempting to disappear in between the buildings and wonder how far I could get without getting any further attention or if it would bring any attention from Brian or any one of his friends. Thoughts of escaping in order to find Bo and Luke in order to get to Daney. Thoughts that are quickly argued against with the pain and how outnumbered I would be if I escaped. Still eyeing the courthouse begin to think of Chet locked within and once more worry what Brian has in mind for him as well. Shaking head, hand goes back down to pocket for a cigarette and once again, come up empty.* Damn I need a smoke. *Say aloud to self before resting head on head rest and closing eyes.*

*soft, low, reactive growl....cousin's disregard, when added on top of Benedict Alex's antics, and Garrett's distain, and Chet's usual attitude, causing a mounting anger*

You started this thang, ya know. You wanna think less of me for havin' a bloodless finish to it? Fine. Then you can sit heah 24-7 and wonder what the hell will happen when Chet gits loose. 'Cause sooner or later, he will. And if he's out on his terms, insteada mine...

...you truly will have a new outlaw lord around heah, and I wish you all the luck then.

*slams the filing cabinet drawer closed and spins around, blue eyes flashing in own anger* Oh, how could I think less of you for wanting a bloodless finish? How could I possibly think that, when if maybe you had paid your bail like you were supposed to, none of this woulda happened! But nooooooooooo. No, it's all MaryAnne's fault! Afterall, she started all this!

*draws in a few angered breaths* Well then. Seeing you're so willing to finish what I started and clean up my mess for me.... *waves a finger at Brian* Follow me... *marches back up the few steps to the booking area and then to the doorway that leads to the jail cells down stairs....*

*slams the filing cabinet drawer closed and spins around, blue eyes flashing in own anger* Oh, how could I think less of you for wanting a bloodless finish? How could I possibly think that, when if maybe you had paid your bail like you were supposed to, none of this woulda happened! But nooooooooooo. No, it's all MaryAnne's fault! Afterall, she started all this!

*draws in a few angered breaths* Well then. Seeing you're so willing to finish what I started and clean up my mess for me.... *waves a finger at Brian* Follow me... *marches back up the few steps to the booking area and then to the doorway that leads to the jail cells down stairs....*

*backs up a step as cousin storms ahead. Watches, unsure of what her ploy is, thinking that perhaps she'd gleefully toss me in with Chet at this point * I didn't say it was all yer fault. Don't gitcher badge in a bend.

*backs up a step as cousin storms ahead. Watches, unsure of what her ploy is, thinking that perhaps she'd gleefully toss me in with Chet at this point * I didn't say it was all yer fault. Don't gitcher badge in a bend.

You said I started it. Same difference. *stops at the door and turns to look at cousin, still standing there* You comin' or not?

You said I started it. Same difference. *stops at the door and turns to look at cousin, still standing there* You comin' or not?

*still not sure what MaryAnne is up to, continues to balk* Depends. Are you doin' somethin' in accordance with your sworn duty, or in accordance with the fact you've blown a gasket?

*In the middest of getting on my feet, still alittle groggy from the tranqulizer. I errect myself and rubs my temple against the throbbing headache and start to move around the cell to work off the remains of the drug. In just a few moments Im pacing fluently.*

*looks striken for a moment, but then answers with a wordless snarl, truly offended. Takes another second to find words that aren't complete expletives* If ah didn't, I wouldn't be lookin' for a bloodless finish to this thang....would I.

*returns an equally worldless snarl* If you did, you'd still be cuffed to the bed over at Doc's place and taken a leap of faith to let justice take care of this. *walks away from the door and approaches cousin with slow, heavy boot steps* But you can't believe in justice. Even when it's your own kin trying to get it for you. No, instead you gotta do it your way. You gotta do it yourself. Who cares that I've been trying to help you here. Who cares?

*reaches for keys off gun belt and selects one. Holds it up to Brian before putting it down on the book desk* There's your justice, cousin. *removes badge* And there's mine. *slams the badge down on the desk and turns, walking down the short steps to the floor of the booking room. Marches on to the doors and storms out of them...*

*returns an equally worldless snarl* If you did, you'd still be cuffed to the bed over at Doc's place and taken a leap of faith to let justice take care of this. *walks away from the door and approaches cousin with slow, heavy boot steps* But you can't believe in justice. Even when it's your own kin trying to get it for you. No, instead you gotta do it your way. You gotta do it yourself. Who cares that I've been trying to help you here. Who cares?

*reaches for keys off gun belt and selects one. Holds it up to Brian before putting it down on the book desk* There's your justice, cousin. *removes badge* And there's mine. *slams the badge down on the desk and turns, walking down the short steps to the floor of the booking room. Marches on to the doors and storms out of them...*

*watches MaryAnne go, still staring at the doors after her exit. Looks down at the discarded badge and the cell keys, feeling anger, disbelief...and regret.*

*picks up the silver badge and holds it between fingers. The badge is light, but the heart that carred it was obviously made heavy by the conflict. Deposits the badge inside of the inner jacket pocket, not feeling right about leaving it laying around, abandoned. Though in truth, feels abandoned along with it....*

Is it so hard, cousin, for us to understand each other, even after all this while? *asks the silence of the booking room*

*with no answer coming, and none expected, reaches down and picks up the jail cell key, that was also left behind. A few minutes ago, tricks and coercion might have been considered, to obtain this object...and now, it seems hollow, meaningless. An enemy's fate is now squarely in own hands...*

*...but if any sense of triumph was to be had at this, it's now reduced by an overwhelming sense of loss.*

*with nothing left but a resolve to truly end this...one way or another...takes the key and walks down the stairs towards the lower cells...the sound of own bootsteps announcing presence before own form is visible....*

*Hears the boots long before I see anyone, they are clearly not the deputys boots or anyone of the female race. The steps are too heavy, too long and sharp. Slows my pacing in the cell and turns to face the stairs, eyes widening at the appearance of the former Lord of the Outlaws.

Backs up to the back of the cell, eyes intent on the black clad man, watching his every move, studying him. Presses my lips, brow furrowing instantly, eyes a narrow slit of anger. Bares my teeth in snarl, but says nothing.*

*Hears the boots long before I see anyone, they are clearly not the deputys boots or anyone of the female race. The steps are too heavy, too long and sharp. Slows my pacing in the cell and turns to face the stairs, eyes widening at the appearance of the former Lord of the Outlaws.

Backs up to the back of the cell, eyes intent on the black clad man, watching his every move, studying him. Presses my lips, brow furrowing instantly, eyes a narrow slit of anger. Bares my teeth in snarl, but says nothing.*

*rounds the last step, dark eyes taking in the evidence of damage around the cell area...scorched bedding, the mess of fire extinguisher foam...and also detecting the unpleasant, acrid odors of melted wiring, stale smoke, and sweat.*

*paces over to inspect the damage, saying nothing....until finally turning to stare cold and hard at Chet through the bars. Waits another minute before speaking, jaw clenched...and once voice is found, the Atlantan drawl is low, rough, and pained.*

Had to give her a hard time, didn't you?

*Takes a few deep breathes, letting them out, calming myself. Moves forward getting closer to the bars, but still out of arms reach, calmer now that I have a grasp on my temper. Keeps perfect eye contact with Brian.* Im listening.

I have your horse. I got your brother. I even got Daney, though ah doubt you care much on that one.

*steps closer, hatred burning in dark eyes* And I have your life. The only reason yer still breathin', is so that you can suffer the consequences of opposin' me, for the rest of your life. Now then.

*pauses, making sure Chet understands this next part clearly* You get to choose one to keep. Your horse. Your brother. Or Daney. Pick one....and know that the other two will nevah be seen by you again.

*Swallows hard a second after my options are given, tries not to show any expression at all, but my face pals. Grasps the bars with my hand cuffed hands and lowers my eyes feeling my heart clench.*

And if I dont choose? Ya gonna kill me?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.