Public Appearance of Cast Members

RogerDuke

After reviewing this thread it sure seems like we're not doing a good job of informing folks about where our favorite actors are going to be.

I was wondering with someone with more computer skills than me would be willing to adopt this forum. Is there any possibility that someone could surf around and gather all the information and post it here? My computer skills are 1 on a scale of 1-10 (all I do is HazzardNet) so I'm sure someone could find this stuff out better than me.

Thanks to Tim Duke we know that Sonny Shroyer will be in Canton Ohio on Jan 23 and 24.

I also heard John Schneider was going to be in Pittsburgh (Monroeville) some time in February.

What else is going on?

Better than that, you can meet Mr Schneider this month at the 61st Grand National Roadster Show on January 29 - 31, 2010 in Pomona, CA.

As for Mr Wopat, he's currently on tour and could be appearing somewhere near you if there's a theatre near you! These are the dates and where he's gonna be:

January 30: New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Newark, NJ

(Tickets: 888-466-5722)

February 13: Bartlett Performing Arts - Bartlett, TN (Tickets: 901-385-6440)

February 27: Watson B. Duncan Theatre - Lake Worth, FL

March 28: The Music Center at Strathmore - North Bethesda, MD

(Tickets: 301-581-5100)

There you go, I know where the good ol' boys are gonna be :)

After reviewing this thread it sure seems like we're not doing a good job of informing folks about where our favorite actors are going to be.

I was wondering with someone with more computer skills than me would be willing to adopt this forum. Is there any possibility that someone could surf around and gather all the information and post it here? My computer skills are 1 on a scale of 1-10 (all I do is HazzardNet) so I'm sure someone could find this stuff out better than me.

Thanks to Tim Duke we know that Sonny Shroyer will be in Canton Ohio on Jan 23 and 24.

I also heard John Schneider was going to be in Pittsburgh (Monroeville) some time in February.

What else is going on?

Yeah, that's one of my other negleted jobs around here. Though it's premature to officially reassign this particular task. I'm not ready to turn in my keys just yet, despite popular demand.

Anyhoo, thanks to everybody who posted about an upcoming appearance, because we don't want folks to miss an opportunity to meet somebody or miss a good performance. The only tidbit I have for the pile are a couple theatre gigs that Ben "Cooter' Jones has lined up in February, in Virgina. They're not Dukes events, but I'll include 'em in the homepage update, and list this other stuff too.

Woops, sorry Brian. I didn't know that.

Hey, I like your number of posts, 1969 was a good year (for building Chargers)

S'awright, you'd never know, because I fell off the map last year and didn't keep up with it. ( My day job started taking over my life.) Which is why I appreciate people posting things as they hear about them. I just can't have everything delegated away, or Mufn will wise up and boot me off the administrator team.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest SleepysRose

Here are some dates for James Best I just got from his newsletter. I hope this helps you fellow Duke fans out. Keep it between the ditches and as I say on the CB "Have yourself a good one, a fine one and above all a safe one. This is Sleepy's Rose and I'm gone!"

2010 SCHEDULE:

Book/Art Show

April 23, 6 - 9 PM

April 24. 1 - 4 PM

Holiday Inn Express (Camden room)

1819 Holiday Drive

Athens, Tn 37303

April 30, 2010 - Sherlocks Book Emporium

200 Maddox-Simpson Parkway

Lebanon, Tn 37090

615 4499807

Friday 6 - 9 PM

May 1, 2010 Sherlocks Book Emporium

Downtown Nashville

235 Fifth Ave. North

Nashville, Tn

615 2481962

Saturday 6 - 9 PM

www.sherlocksbooks.com

Guest SleepysRose

Forgot to mention Byron Cherry will be in Riverdale, ND April 23-25 and then in Detroit, MI May 13-16th at a Comic Convention you can find out more about on www.motorcitycomic.com and then he will be in Pigeon Forge, TN May 28-30th at Adventurecon which you can find out more info on at this site as well as book your motel and get your tickets. www.adventurecon.com

Hope that helps you fellow Duke Fans out.

Guest SleepysRose

Here's more detail on the location in ND hope this helps.

April 24,2010. Riverdale,North Dakota. Byron Cherry will be appearing at the local car show. Byron played Coy Duke on The Dukes of Hazzard when Bo and Luke left the series.

Guest SleepysRose

Here are some events that Ben had posted on his Official Website for him. Hope these are appreciaited.

May 22

Ben "Cooter" Jones will be at Cooter's In Nashville, TN Signing Autographs

Cooter's Place Nashville:

2613 McGavock Pike

Nashville, TN 37214

(615) 872-8358

www.cootersplace.org

June 26

Ben "Cooter" Jones will be appearing with General Lee and signing autographs at the Steel Valley Super Nationals in Salem, Ohio

Quaker City Raceway

10359 W. South Range Road

Salem, Ohio 44410

(800) 245-8118

For more info: steelvalleysupernationals.com

You're INVITED to join us Saturday, July 31st in Branson, where you'll meet several of the original Dukes Of Hazzard STARS!

Mark your calendars now and head on out to the "famous" Branson 76 Strip where you'll have an opportunity to meet Ben Jones, Sonny Shroyer, & Rick Hurst. That translates into Cooter, Cletus & Enos. Any one of these is worth the trip! The chance to meet all three ~now that's a real treat!

If that ain't enough, how about a good ol' fashioned "drive-in movie", with what other... than the Dukes of Hazzard ...on the big screen! The evening movie and autograph sessions are all included with Saturday event admissions. Along with lots of games and activities for the kids! You'll also enjoy a "Hazzard County Car Show" ,complete with judging, prizes and other contests, giveaways and family friendly activities from morning 'til night!

Make your weekend even better by staying right at the event! The Ramada Inn, located on the same property as Area 57, is our Host Hotel of Choice! They're offering a great rate to folks that call in to book your room & mention you're with Branson's Dixie Outfitters General Lee Fan Fest! You'll get a special rate of $61.00 per night (Reg. price $84.00) This includes a Deluxe Room, complimentary breakfast including biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs & all the pancakes you can eat! They've got FREE Wi-Fi, outdoor pool, kids playground, shuffleboard, horseshoes & work-out center! Plus, you'll have the added benefit of staying within walking distance to many of Branson's favorite restuarants including Subway, Fudrucker's, Applebee's & the best of all.....walking distance to our store! Contact Ramada Inn at (417) 334-1000 and be sure the mention coming for Branson's Dixie Outfitters GENERAL LEE FAN FEST!

Attention General Lee and other Hazzard County "themed" car owners: Wanna bring your car? Give us a call and get your car registered! The car show space is limited, so if you want to collect one of our fine trophies....you'd better hurry to get your car registered! (every car registering will receive an exclusive Dash Plaque & "goodie bag"

The Branson's Dixie Outfitters General Lee Fan Fest is produced by Dixie Outfitters located in Branson, MO. So CLICK the link below to register or call us at (417) 336-3494. Save $ and get those advance tickets NOW! You don't want to miss this one!

We'll see you there!

***When registering online, you must register one person at a time. If this is too time consuming, or you have any questions while registering, feel free to call us at 417-336-3494. We can get you registered right over the phone!

For questions about the event or info on how to register call us anytime at (417) 336-3494. We look forward to seeing you at Branson's Dixie Outfitters GENERAL LEE FAN FEST !

Sincerely,

Anna Robb

Dixie Outfitters located in Branson, MO

bransondixieoutfitters@yahoo.com

417 336 3494

www.cootersplace.org

October 9 thru October 10

Hazzard Run 2010

Mark It On Your Calendar, More Info To Come

June 18 thru June 19

Moberly's Fan Fest, 2 Days of Music & Family Fun With Dukes of Hazzard Cast Members Ben Jones, Sonny Schroyer and Rick Hurst will be here with The Outlaws performing live music.

Friday June 18th 8am-8pm and Jan 19th 8am-6pm at the 24 Raceway located on Hwy 24 E. 660-651-2826

Call 660-651-2826 for Tickets & More Info on Moberly Fan Fest

www.cooterplace.org

Hope this info on events is helpful to my fellow Duke fans out there.

Guest SleepysRose

You're welcome TXDaisy. Glad I was able to help. Just wish I was able to go to the one in Branson. Unfortunately I don't have a way there. Have fun thought and good luck at talking that certain someone into it. ~crossing my fingers for you~

Wow it would be amazing to got to Branson! Thanks for posting Sleepy's Rose. I'm gonna see if I can't find a way to be there...now to convince a certain someone.....

Guest SleepysRose

Glad I was able to help out my Fellow Duke fans Roger. Let us know if you are able to make it to that event. Poor me I have no transportation so I have no way of getting there. Oh well no big deal. At least I can help out my fellow Duke fans. The price of their smile is priceless!

Thanks for updating us Sleepy's Rose.

I'm going to have to see how close Salem Ohio is to me. I haven't seen Ben Jones in almost 30 years!!

Re: May 22 in Nashville....I have some info not available on Cooter's website page....

There is going to be a barbecue (as far as I know Ben plans on being there with us-at least part of the time)... Steve and I are bringing the General Lee and I know there will be at least one other GL and a Rosco car. I'm not positive on the time we are eating or such, but if you are in Nashville come on out and say hi!!!!

Guest SleepysRose

Here is some info James Posted last night on Facebook. Hope this helps.

James best April 23rd 6-9 pm and April 24 2010 at 1-4 pm at the Holiday inn Express in the Camden Room located at 1819 Holiday Dr. in Athens, TN.

• 4 weeks later...
Forgot to mention Byron Cherry will be in Riverdale, ND April 23-25 and then in Detroit, MI May 13-16th at a Comic Convention you can find out more about on www.motorcitycomic.com and then he will be in Pigeon Forge, TN May 28-30th at Adventurecon which you can find out more info on at this site as well as book your motel and get your tickets. www.adventurecon.com

Hope that helps you fellow Duke Fans out.

Thanks Sleepy!

James Best is also listed on the adventurecon website too.

Guest SleepysRose

Yes he was. He wasn't listed until a bit later from when I first got the info. For those of your who own a Dodge Charger here is the link to the info on the annual meeting for those who own them in Lebanon, TN this year. Hope this info helps. Wayne Wooten is the one who is head of this.

http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/2010%20tn.htm

and

http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/

Guest SleepysRose

Ben will be doing these events so hope this info helps. You can find it all on his official site at www.cootersplace.com

June 8

Hot Rod Power Tour Ben "Cooter" Jones will be meeting fans and signing autographs and taking pictures with fans and the General Lee

Tuesday, June 8

Bowling Green / Warren County Regional Airport - Bowling Green, KY

Hot Rod Power Tour

Ben will be meeting fans and signing autographs and taking pictures with fans and the General Lee

If you want to register your Hot Rod, General Lee or classic car for the show or need more information about the Hot Rod Power Tour visit www.hotrod.com

Moberly's Fan Fest in Moberly, MO Fri June 18th @ 8 am - 8 pm and Sat June 19th @ 8 am - 6 pm at the 24 Raceway on Hwy 24 E (660) 651-2826. Sonny Schroyer, Ben Jones and Rick Hurst will be there. Tickets are 25.00 for both days. Performing will be Country Outlaw, Cooter's Garage Band, Tim Lolli & The Sally Dogs. Call 660-651-2826 for Tickets & More Info on Moberly Fan Fest

June 26

Ben "Cooter" Jones will be appearing with General Lee and signing autographs at the Steel Valley Super Nationals in Salem, Ohio

Quaker City Raceway

10359 W. South Range Road

Salem, Ohio 44410

(800) 245-8118

For more info: steelvalleysupernationals.com

Hope this info is helpful to my fellow Duke fans! God Bless!

• 1 month later...
Guest SleepysRose

MEET JAMES BEST THIS WEEKEND AT THE CARLISLE NATIONALS!

Carlisle Events is proud to announce the scheduled appearance of James Best who is most widely known for his role as Roscoe P. Coltrane in the long-running television series, The Dukes of Hazzard, at the 2010 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals. James Best has built an impressive career on both stage and screen, and has taught and guided the careers of some of the film industry's biggest stars.

Appearance times:

Friday & Saturday

9am - 11am

2pm - 4pm

Sunday

9am - 11am

About James Best

Born in Kentucky and reared in Indiana, Best's first professional stage experience came after WW II in a European tour of My Sister Eileen which was produced and directed by Arthur Penn. Penn would later go on to direct Best in Left Handed Gun with Paul Newman.

With the completion of the European tour, Best returned to New York, where he performed in both summer and winter stock productions. Additionally, he performed on stage throughout the northeast, and toured nationally for almost 18 months in the Broadway touring company musical Marinka.

Upon his return to New York, an executive for Universal Pictures noticed James, and he moved to California and was placed under contract to Universal Studios for two years. He then embarked on a freelance career that firmly established his credentials in the performance arena of Hollywood.

Since then, he has appeared in more than 600 television shows, including The Twilight Zone, Gunsmoke, Andy Griffith Show, Rawhide, Wagon Train, The Rebel, Bonanza, Mod Squad, Perry Mason, and The Fugitive, to name a few.

During the years in Hollywood, he has also made 83 features, working with some of the screen's most prominent stars like Jimmy Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, Henry Fonda, Jerry Lewis, Rock Hudson and Anthony Quinn. He also worked on three films with Burt Reynolds including Gator on which he served as Associate Producer and script writer, The End which he also helped write and direct while Reynolds was on camera, and Hooper in which he co-starred and did the re-writes on the script.

Best's friendship with Reynolds led to appearances at the latter's renowned Dinner Theatre in Jupiter, Florida. He directed and starred in Goodbye Charlie with Luci Arnez, starred in the Reynold's-directed Bus Stop with Sally Field and Robert Urich, and directed The Fantasticks.

In the early 1970's Best decided to semi-retire and became an artist-in-residence at the University of Mississippi. During his two years there, he taught Motion Picture Technique and Drama, directed four plays, established the Mississippi Film Commission and was elected to the University's Hall of Fame.

While the years in Mississippi were productive, Best returned to California and signed with Warner Brothers to do his first regular TV series, an hour-long comedy/adventure series set in the rural America. The Dukes of Hazzard of course went on to become one of the biggest hits in television history. The CBS show, which ran for seven seasons, was the top-rated series on the air for three full years. The popularity remains to this day and periodically it returns to syndication.