Sonny appearance in Canton,Ohio

TimDuke

January 23rd and 24th at the 11th annual Canton Hot-Rod & Bike Show., Yes he's gonna be there both Sat and Sunday whereas before they've only had a Dukes castmember for Saturday only. Hours for Sat 1-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Sunday 12 p.m.-5 p.m. Can't tell you who's General Lee they are using possibly mine but I haven't been contacted.

Depends a lot on the weather...but I will definately try to be there

Lucky..I wish I could go..I'm not complaining..just saying I don't have the money..wish I did...If I could meet Sonny...that would be the best thing ever lol...unfortunatley Texas is a long way from Ohio...for now until I get enough money I just get to enjoy Sonny being the funny, sweet deputy lol.

Daisydukex... from all my encounters with him....I can tell you that what you see in Enos is Sonny...the whole character of Enos was created with Sonny in mind...the sweetness, gentleness, down-home goodness that you love about Enos is what you see when you meet him...it must have been a very easy part for him to play. Like I said before, the first time he met me, he remembered me by name the whole weekend...even though he met thousands of people he took the time to remember me....that is the type of person he is...if you ever have a chance to meet him do it....you will not regret it...

• 1 month later...

http://www.cantonhotrodshow.com/carshow.nxg - They are using the same vehicle owner for the third year in a row. Possibility of a patrol car being at the event.

http://www.discount-drugmart.com/weekly_ads/DIS-ELLET.pdf - page 3, save $2 which makes admission only $8 when ticket purchased at Discount DrugMart.

http://www.discount-drugmart.com/storelistall.asp - store location

Daisy is right, Sonny is very genuine!

I think it's more like 8 hours from Maryland to Canton Ohio give or take depending on where in Maryland you are, minimum 6 hours and that's putting the hammer down. I'll probably be there Saturday.Who all is going Sat and I know Roger said Sunday so anyone else going Sunday.I might wait till Sunday if more of you are going then.

Tim, DaisyMaeDuke is planning on making the trip on Sunday also.

Please post it in case there is a problem and he doesn't show up. I doubt that will happen but if it does you would save me a 2.5 hour trip. She has a 5 hour trip so I'm sure she would appreciate it too. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Tim, go up to the "Introduce Yourself" thread. Somebody named nzlotusman has a question about the General Lee.

I think it's more like 8 hours from Maryland to Canton Ohio give or take depending on where in Maryland you are, minimum 6 hours and that's putting the hammer down. I'll probably be there Saturday.Who all is going Sat and I know Roger said Sunday so anyone else going Sunday.I might wait till Sunday if more of you are going then.

Well sad to say I won't be going anyways....but I did a map quest thing to get directons to get there and it was 3 hours 46 minutes with a distance of 220some odd miles miles...and that is some windy turning route instead of the direct route on the map...which makes no sense of why they gave me the windy way....just like when they gave me the windy way to go to Moorefield when there was a direct road there....I dont get computer directions...anyways...sorry to ramble....*sighs*but I dont get to go anyways :cry::cry::cry:...sooo....maybe next time....

I hope that y'all have fun...and I hope that you truck gets fixed DaisyMae so you can go!!!!

Well, I can see why everybody loves meeting Sonny Shroyer so much.

Sonny is as genuine as they come. DaisyMaeDuke, who has met him several times, said it best: "He makes everybody who meets him feel like they're the most important fan in the world." That's an understatement.

Not only does he make you feel like you're his most valuable fan, he makes you feel like you're a member of his family, a long lost friend and a citizen of Hazzard County.

A skeptical person might point out "Well, he is an actor after all" but I'll gaurantee that anybody who's ever met him wouldn't say that.

Now, I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I do know human nature and I pride myself in being a good judge of character and I'd bet the farm that Sonny is one of the most down-home, loving, friendly, loyal, thoughtful actors to ever walk the streets of Hollywood. It doesn't take too long after talking to him to feel his genuine love of his fellow human beings.

He put a smile on the face of every single fan who met him and made everyone feel like they were his personal friend.

There's not a whole lot of heroes left in Hollywood but Sonny Shroyer tops the shrinking list of the few that still exist. For that, he has my admiration and respect. He is certainly deserving of respect since he gives so much respect to others.

In addition to meeting Sonny, I also had the pleasure of seeing DaisyMaeDuke and TimDuke again. Also, I talked extensively with Ray Kohn of "Northeast Ohio Dukes". Ray has jumped General Lees five different times and was displaying a General that he jumped over a bus (by the looks of it, it was a horrendous crash, Khee Khee!!) He was also displaying one of his Hazzard County patrol cars that was detailed to look exactly like the real McCoy.

I am sooo happy for you Roger that you were able to go and see Sonny as well as for you too Daisy Mae. Sounds like you had a great time Roger and really enjoyed Sonny. He is great to meet as is all the other cast members or stunt guys I've ment. It is very rewarding to see the cast as appreciative of their fans as they seem to be. Glad to hear t hat you had such a great time!

Well...I have said it before and I will say it again...Sonny is amazing...one of the greatest souls on this earth... and yes he remembered me....even signed my pic "to my friend".

One thing that tells I think who he is: when he first got there he realized he forgot his hat and hurried back to get it. When he got back, rather than go straight to signing autographs he started greeting and shaking hands with everyone standing in line...coming to US before we could go to him. THAT I think is what sets him apart from most actors. That personable sweetness that makes you feel like you could walk into his front door, kick off your shoes, and stay a while.

Also, for every child that was there he pulled out a smaller picture of him with Flash and personally autographed it for each child he met at no charge. He had a pile full stuffed in his coat. He did this for me with a full sized picture last year...he is just a sweet guy who likes to make people smile.

I'll say again, if any of you get an opportunity to meet any member of the cast, he would definately be a top pick. And I guarantee you will leave with a smile.

IMG_0157.jpg

Edited by DaisyMaeDuke

I think the organizers got a little mad at me when I sat at a table beside Enos with a sign saying that I played Pa Beaudry on the show.

Oh well, I made 25 bucks and signed 3 toy General Lees and a Coy and Vance lunchpail before they threw me out. They didn't let me keep the 25 bucks but I did run off with the luchpail.