johns new video

dukefan1

• 2 weeks later...

The song is good unfortunatly the video itself is not. I'm getting a bit disappinted in John at the moment because he's making it so clear he's desperate for money that he's selling of ridiculous things like 10 phone calls from him, his smallville crows jacket, General Lee diecasts he stamped on...I'm losing some respect for him actually I'm afraid to say.

Well of course he wants to make money. He's got bills to pay like everyone else...especially when one kid is in college and two going soon. I guess I can't blame him in that respect.

I know what ya mean, but then again if I knew someone adored me enough to pay $200 to talk on the phone to me, I guess I would do it too. Aren't you glad he talked on my cell to you for free BoJames...I saved you two hundred dollars!!! LOL

"Who took the endings from the fairytales?", that is probably my favorite lyric of the song.

A very important question to many Americans.

It's sad to drive down a street where a company founded over 100 years ago and employed thousands of local people is shuttered. See a family on the side of a busy road with a 'help us' sign.

John probably thought a lot about the decision to make this song and what images to use. I appreciate his effort.

I agree Daney...in MI the unemployment rate is 15 percent....5 percent higher than the national average, largely in part to the automotive industry's fall. It's very sad...everyone is moving away, houses on every street just left because the families could no longer afforrd them, kids are coming to school hungry, and violence is terrible because of depression and people not knowing how to feed their families....

very sad times here

• 1 year later...
The song is good unfortunatly the video itself is not. I'm getting a bit disappinted in John at the moment because he's making it so clear he's desperate for money that he's selling of ridiculous things like 10 phone calls from him, his smallville crows jacket, General Lee diecasts he stamped on...I'm losing some respect for him actually I'm afraid to say.

I'm sorry you view it that way. John has spent a lot of money on his charities and gives away time, talent, and cash more than you know. I think producing Collier and Co. was a financial difficulty, but he never let that get him down. He continues to market whatever he feels he can because he never feels sorry for himself. I wish I could find "Favorite Hits" Vol. 1, 2, & 3. I bought No. 4, and I play it all the time. I wasn't into country music in the 80s, and I missed out of so many songs that can only be found on vinyl. Even "Worth the Wait" which is on cassette is now all stretched out. I wish someone would make it on CD. I hope he puts out more of his music.