Casting Call!

Ok, here's the $64 million question. Who do you think could fill the shoes of the original cast in a big screen version of The Dukes of Hazzard. Post your cast ideas here. Personally, I think Willie Nelson could make a pretty good Uncle Jesse! Once we've received enough ideas, we'll put up a poll and let you all vote for your favorites. Here's one list we've already received...

Bo - Owen Wilson

Luke - John Cusack

Daisy - Alyssa Milano

Uncle Jesse - Robert Duval

Rosco - Chevy Chase

Enos - Ben Stiller

Boss Hogg - John Goodman

Cooter - Jesse James

Balladeer - Mickey Dean

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, Justin Timberlake? If i didn't know better, i'd say that that was one of my friends who posted that ... several know i like the dukes, and they like justin :-? We'd have something in common, but i don't like Justin too much. If anyone should play the next Bo it would have to be Paul Walker. I hope it stays country. It better stay country. Willy Nelson would make a fine Uncle Jesse i think. I like his music. Or he could take over the balladeering, or both. Dirks Bently looks like someone who could also play the part of a Duke, but i'm sure he would look a lot younger than the rest of the folks. other good balladeers would be or Jeff Foxworthy orBill Engval (both country Commedians).

For daisy, a country singer would be nice. Shania maybe even though i dont like the way she dresses sometimes. Some of her music is okay wiht me though and i like that. I just don't like the pop stuff. I guess a good bad guy would be Vin Deisel, or he could do Luke Duke ... although Vin usualy does bad dudes or reckless men. But he's smart and resorceful.... but he's also bald. Mark Wills is another one who has the looks for a Duke. He could do Luke.

INcase anyone can tell, I don't watch very much TV.

Casting...ya know, WB wants a "sure bet" so they're gonna cast household names for these roles, whether they're the best fit for the characters or not. Which is sad. ( Justin Timberlake and Brittany in the same movie. Don't GO there....don't even joke about that...gah! )

The casting should be based on chemistry, not on actor resume's. Who the hell knew who John Schnieder and Tom Wopat were, before Dukes of Hazzard? Did it matter? Those two slid into the orange Charger and the rest is history. Coy and and Vance, conversely, proved that not ANYBODY could pull it off.

It's about the rapport and real-life chemistry on the set. If the actors have that, this movie will succeed. If they can barely stand each other, and don't have fun makin' this movie...no amount of actin' will cover that.

Personally, I think that if WB does NOT find room for the original cast anywhere on this flick, it'll be nothin' short of a slap in the face to John, Tom, Cathy, Ben and Jimmie. They deserve recognition.

Anybody know where fans could contact WB and make some opinions known?

Why, thank ya Daney. That's a start, but I'm lookin' for somethin' other than a message board. I'm lookin' for an address or email for the right WB office in Burbank.

Lemme do some huntin' on this. Meantime, if anyone has contact info - similar to what went around for TNN that time - let me know. The purpose is to promote positive fan interest in the movie, by the way....but I also think if the fans piped up and said they wanted to see the original cast play a part in this, it couldn't hurt nothin'.

It would be nice to see them on the big screen, but it would be better to see them on the small screen too.

It was nice seeing John, Tom, and Cathy with the rest of the cast on TVLand last night.

Why couldn't some cable/satellite network pick up the Dukes? Why was TNN crazy enough to get rid of them? :o

To figure up the right cast for the big screen, why couldn't they just use some of the original cast? The chemistry would be right then.

Here are a few of my ideas for the cast if they COULDN'T use original cast:

Bo: Brad Pitt or Woody Harrleson

Luke: Ben Afflick

Daisy: Reece Witherspoon

Boss Hogg (if they use his character): Danny Devito

Lulu Hogg: Rhea Pearlman

Uncle Jesse (if they use his character): Martin Sheen

Rosco (if they use a younger one): Luke Wilson

BALLADEER: Jeff Foxworthy

Those were just a few ideas. LOL!

Take Care! Have A Great Day!

Vicki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

You know, I was just thinking. For the role of Uncle Jesse what about Kenny Rogers. I know he's kind of retired from the lime light and he is a country singer. However, I remember in the 80's he did a couple of acting bits, facted he even stared in a few westerns. Wasn't he in the Gambler?

Personally, I think he'd make a good Uncle Jesse. He would fit the part as far as looks and he often trys to take parts that are morally sound or have a lesson to be learned from them. Plus, for all those children of the 80's he was a big country icon.

What do ya'll think?

Val

Val, I think that's a fairly clever idea. And if there is any truth whatsoever in the wild rumor about Dolly Parton having a role, this would be an even better matchup to have Kenny Rogers as Jesse Duke. Dolly and Kenny have great rapport and good mutual chemistry. Also balances out the demographics with another household name, one from an older generation than Jessica Simpson's fans.

Go ahead and set it up, Val. We'll back ya. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

I am really not sure about who should play alot of the roles but I heard that paul walker was going to play bo. That probably won't be too bad but jessica simpson as daisy??? I really don't think that she would really fit the role the best. I saw on a website that carmen electra was actually considered earlier. She actually might not be that bad of a choice, she kind of resembles catherine bach the original daisy duke. So I think she would be a much better choice. Jessica is just too ditzy.

Howdy, DukesChick !

Carmen wouldn't be a bad choice, come to think of it. But in any case, I doubt the scriptwriters of the Dukes movie are going to throw any challenging lines at Jessica. I'm sure her queues ain't gonna go past two sentences at a time. Pardon my crassness, but I think her main job is going to be to...uh....jiggle and giggle.

And when ya get down to that, she certainly has the assets for the job.

Far as resembling any of the original cast, I think that's another category where there ain't gonna be much concern. (Remember that WB thought that Bo and Luke could be replaced by Coy and Vance. ) Ya need one yellow shirt, one blue-plaid shirt, one pair of short denim shorts...presto! Instant Dukes.

Heh! I'm lookin' forward to the movie, tho'. I'm givin' it some teasing already just because it's gonna have a hard time meeting fan expectations, no matter what they do with it. Plus, I'm still wishing they would have done this 10 or 15 years ago and used the original cast.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Luke Duke: Tom Wellington (Smallville)

Bo Duke: Paul Walker

Daisy Duke: Some unknown hottie with intelligence and killer legs

Uncle Jesse: Hank Williams Jr.

Cooter: Tweeder (from Varsity Blues), Kid Rock, or Ludicris. ( You know they're gonna make it somewhat politaclly correct)

Roscoe: Billy Bob Thorton or Bo Jackson (Bo knows Roscoe's laugh)

Boss J.D. Hogg: Danny Devito (Sorrel Booke had a serious Northern acent in real life)

I would also like to see Brodie and Doebro Dulin in the movie as well as Sheriff Little

Brodie: Ja Rule

Doebro Dulin: Kid Rock or Tweeder (who ever isn't Cooter)

Sheriff Little: The Rock

Obviously there is alot of yankees on this board...Anyway...I disagree with the movie to begin with, but Were it to be made, these would be my picks....

Bo - Cameron Morrison ((me))

Luke - Open Casting Call for a Southern 'Unknown'

Daisy - Jessica Biel

Uncle Jesse - Robert Duval

Rosco - Seann William Scott ((Stifler from American Pie, The Rundown, etc.))

Enos - Open Casting Call for a Southern 'Unknown'

Boss Hogg - Danny Devito

Cooter - Open Casting Call for a Southern 'Unknown' or Scott Cain ((Texas Rangers, Ready to Rumble, Varsity Blues))

Balladeer - Hank Williams Jr.

Sheriff Little - The Rock

**Obviously there is alot of yankees on this board...**

So what if there is? Look, we're all here because we all like the Dukes of Hazzard. I'm assuming you're here because you like the Dukes of Hazzard. Does it really matter what part of the country we're all from?

You've posted 8 times today, and 6 of them are your repeated grievence about the movie. Look, I don't dig the movie idea either because I'm sure they're gonna just screw it up, but it might just jump start some renewed interest in the original Dukes. That's not necessarily a bad thing now is it?

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and you've clearly expressed yours. Now....got anything nice to say about the Dukes?

I certainly don't have ANYTHING nice to say about the NEW Dukes Movie no. I also certainly don't have anything nice to say about Yankees. *shrugs* I can go on and on all day about how great the Old Series is. As far as renewed interest, I again, don't care. Whether this spoiled ADD generation likes it or not, I could care less. I care about the Old Dukes show, and thats the bottom line.

You don't have to be Southern to be a Dukes fan. I was born and raised in the South but I know a lot of people who aren't from here that are more country and down home that a lot of people who are. The Dukes wouldn't have been as popular as it was if it only appealed to Southerners. Yes it was a show based in the South but it's main appeal was fast cars and hot women. That makes the show more American to me than just Southern.

Yankees?! Where?! When did we get Yankees? Who left the window open and let Yankees in? Ya know, the moderators should be more carefull about filterin' out the northerners.

The original Dukes series shoulda filtered out the Yankees too. Here ya had Bo Duke played by a dude from New York state, and Luke Duke played by a Wisconsin guy - what the hell where they thinkin'? And then Daisy was played by a chick from North Dakota. Hell, the only actual southern boys in the whole show were Cooter n' Enos. Ben and Sonny, ree-spectively, were at least from the south.

And you know what's worse...the Dodge Chargers used in the show were built in Detroit! As was every other dang car in the show, save for the AMC patrol cars in the pilot episode, which were built in Kenosha. I ain't sure where that is, but it sounds like more rampant Yankee-ism.

Sway Duke, you got a helluva lot more to picket! Gotcher hands full now, don't ya?

Brian

Chet, ol' Swayin' Duke didn't say anythin' unsuitable for our younger friends n' neighbors. He's entitled to his opinion.

As for me, I've got enough Southern Honor to let Duke o' Sway have a chance to recover himself.

On an aside, Chet... it's one thing to be from New York, it's another to admit it in mixed company. Man alive, just when ya think ya know somebody....