Watermelon Crawl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Lori said I've kept quite too long. This is a RR story board. We are not being critical of the 'story' you are writing, more where it is posted. And you are tight we can't 'shut you down' or change your writing 'style', and no we don't have to read it, but if you choose to post something with a good title that people click on it hoping to see a good story following it. It is both disappointing and time consuming when you have to go through many of these RP's looking for a story. Frankly I kept reading this one this far because the side comments were better than the story. Where is this going? Is Enos gonna do the Watermelon Crawl? Sounds more like Bo, Luke or even Cooter, but not Enos. Seen him have a beer in his hand once in the earlier shows before they went to 8pm shows and tuned it down then he only drank buttermilk!!! Rosco was seen taking a 'nip' in his coffee at the men's lodge in the first show, but the only one I could say was supposed to appear even a bit drunk or maybe just crazy was Cooter in Luke's Love Story when he road the motorcycle through the door of the Boar's Nest!

As for using song titles, I can see mixing Dukes with some but if you are writing a story at least do a paragraph or two to get it established before you end a post of please post these in the role play section.

Way to go Chet, BL, and Lori!!

DixieDavenport

(THANK YOU DIXIE! I knew I wasnt the only one! Were not against your stories or your titles. Your just posting in the wrong place, these arent tradition stories, there roll plays. Theres a big difference! Why is it so hard or you, ALL OF YOU, to take these types of stories to the roll play board? Its not rocket science and were not askin for world piece. )

~Chet

As Lori said I've kept quite too long. This is a RR story board. We are not being critical of the 'story' you are writing, more where it is posted. And you are tight we can't 'shut you down' or change your writing 'style', and no we don't have to read it, but if you choose to post something with a good title that people click on it hoping to see a good story following it. It is both disappointing and time consuming when you have to go through many of these RP's looking for a story. Frankly I kept reading this one this far because the side comments were better than the story. Where is this going? Is Enos gonna do the Watermelon Crawl? Sounds more like Bo, Luke or even Cooter, but not Enos. Seen him have a beer in his hand once in the earlier shows before they went to 8pm shows and tuned it down then he only drank buttermilk!!! Rosco was seen taking a 'nip' in his coffee at the men's lodge in the first show, but the only one I could say was supposed to appear even a bit drunk or maybe just crazy was Cooter in Luke's Love Story when he road the motorcycle through the door of the Boar's Nest!

As for using song titles, I can see mixing Dukes with some but if you are writing a story at least do a paragraph or two to get it established before you end a post of please post these in the role play section.

Way to go Chet, BL, and Lori!!

DixieDavenport

Were still not gonna end this story and we never said anything about Enos drinking

Sorry if this upsets ya'll its OUR story...MINE AND ELLYS!

(That aint the point! They can continue there story, if thats what you call it. But take it to the correct writing board! This was a respectable place once, where you respected the other people that participate here. Now anyone whos not in first grade cant participate because its not even fiction, its a scramble of words! Its not that difficult to put alittle effort and imagination to work!. )

~Chet

(That aint the point! They can continue there story, if thats what you call it. But take it to the correct writing board! This was a respectable place once, where you respected the other people that participate here. Now anyone whos not in first grade cant participate because its not even fiction, its a scramble of words! Its not that difficult to put alittle effort and imagination to work!. )

~Chet

(just let us continue the story its already has roots right here..ya'll don't know it might turn into somethin)

(NO! Everytime I start a story here or get something going someone with a one liner steps in with something that makes no sense at all! I makin a stand! Alot of awesome people have left Hazzardnet because they couldnt stand anymore of this non-sense! Im not trying to scare ya'll away, but its not hard to write it where it belongs! And it aint askin too much!)

~Chet

(NO! Everytime I start a story here or get something going someone with a one liner steps in with something that makes no sense at all! I makin a stand! Alot of awesome people have left Hazzardnet because they couldnt stand anymore of this non-sense! Im not trying to scare ya'll away, but its not hard to write it where it belongs! And it aint askin too much!)

~Chet

(WE don't care okay? just let it rest and let this story go on okay...ya'll have left us alone till NOW and ya'll pick NOW to do this..I'm sorry! but NO WAY!)

(Yeah you dont care cause you kids have no respect! If I acted the way you do when I first arrived here I woulda been evicted, banished, banned for life! DISRESPECTFUL! Get off your high tower and your silver platter. We aint backin down and this story aint gonna continue. If I gotta complain for a month and disrupt it to NO END, then by gawd I WILL! And I wont be alone!)

~Chet

(Yeah you dont care cause you kids have no respect! If I acted the way you do when I first arrived here I woulda been evicted, banished, banned for life! DISRESPECTFUL! Get off your high tower and your silver platter. We aint backin down and this story aint gonna continue. If I gotta complain for a month and disrupt it to NO END, then by gawd I WILL! And I wont be alone!)

~Chet

(If we knew how to move a thread...we would...but, I don't, and maybe ya'll should give us at least a chance! Its a story! If you did maybe you'd get what ya'll want, because obviously ya'll wanna shut this story down because ya'll can't except that we just try to have fun with this story and everything has to be ya'lls way)

If you don't know how to move a freakin' thread, ask Maryanne, Bryan, or Mufn it is their job. It's like Chet said, this isnt rocket science...I made this mistake once but I accepted help when it came to writing, and I accepted it respectfully! I was taught the hard way, we were at least trying to help you out and be nice about it!!

(Hey ya'll... gotta put my two cents in. I think the point everyone's trying to make is that stories posted one line at a time are hard to read, follow and participate in. No one is judging your story, or the idea for it, I'm sure people are curious to see where it goes. (The great thing about RR stories, no one can really predict it! lol).And there's nothing wrong with the way you are writing, if you want to take turns one line, or a thousand at a time doesn't matter. But why don't the two of you email, IM or PM your one or two lines at a time to each other and create one bigger post (a joint post), and one of ya'll can leave it here for the rest of us to see. It would make it it easier for everyone else to read, and people would be more inclined to participate. :) Lots of people have used joint posts on these boards before and it would work really well for ya'll!)

(Hey ya'll... gotta put my two cents in. I think the point everyone's trying to make is that stories posted one line at a time are hard to read, follow and participate in. No one is judging your story, or the idea for it, I'm sure people are curious to see where it goes. (The great thing about RR stories, no one can really predict it! lol).And there's nothing wrong with the way you are writing, if you want to take turns one line, or a thousand at a time doesn't matter. But why don't the two of you email, IM or PM your one or two lines at a time to each other and create one bigger post (a joint post), and one of ya'll can leave it here for the rest of us to see. It would make it it easier for everyone else to read, and people would be more inclined to participate. :) Lots of people have used joint posts on these boards before and it would work really well for ya'll!)

(Thank you Amanda, we'll try that...maybe it will get the others off mine and Ellys back...HOPEFULY)

Edited by daisydukeXenosstrait

BROVO AMANDA!!!!!! You said what I've thought for some time!! At least form a small paragragh before posting a new thread. All these 'false starts' to stories makes real stories you try to follow hard to follow, when you have to search back several pages to find it cause someone has added a 2 word sentence to a Role play or a (Rolls eyes) comment! to nine post in an hour!!!

Chet wrote: (NO! Everytime I start a story here or get something going someone with a one liner steps in with something that makes no sense at all! I makin a stand! Alot of awesome people have left Hazzardnet because they couldnt stand anymore of this non-sense! Im not trying to scare ya'll away, but its not hard to write it where it belongs! And it aint askin too much!)

Amen Chet!! I am with you. I'm not one for sensorship,and believe in freedom of speech, but enough is enough. I'd like to see about half this junk be deleted by HN!

As for you 'writers' to move it to the other link go to word pad, copy from here what you want, paste to word pad, copy it all and re-post in the Role play section in one post. 10 mins work, gets us all off your back an out of your so called story!!!

DixeiDavenport

Chet talks about 1-2 line inserts in good stories, well me and Bethie88 had several posts into a story when a line had Luke doing something totally out of charactor and thinking of 'sewercide', now I'm sure if Our Luke needed help we'd all see he got it but for this should we go to the manhole out front???? Or the doctor????

DixieDavenport

Chet talks about 1-2 line inserts in good stories, well me and Bethie88 had several posts into a story when a line had Luke doing something totally out of charactor and thinking of 'sewercide', now I'm sure if Our Luke needed help we'd all see he got it but for this should we go to the manhole out front???? Or the doctor????

DixieDavenport

Thanks for the help...I'll tell Elly about the idea for joint posts.

Amen Chet!! I am with you. I'm not one for sensorship,and believe in freedom of speech, but enough is enough. I'd like to see about half this junk be deleted by HN!

As for you 'writers' to move it to the other link go to word pad, copy from here what you want, paste to word pad, copy it all and re-post in the Role play section in one post. 10 mins work, gets us all off your back an out of your so called story!!!

DixeiDavenport

Dixie's right its relatively simple to move things, simply start a new thread in the correct place copy and paste everything there 10 minutes of work big deal, then you can continue business as usual and the rest of us don't have to wade through a bunch of junk to get to something else we want to read!