A Day in the Life of a Duke

(This RP is for me, BoJames and Roger Duke only- thank you)

L: *swings his ax down, splitting the log in two, shading his eyes and staring at the sky-the sun was shining bright and sweat beated on his forehead; normally, he liked the hard work and enjoyed every opportunity to be outside in the clean Georgia air, but today..he wasn't sure why but hehad a funny feeling that today would be anything but typical...shaking his head he swung the ax into another log*

You finish here...if you can do it without breaking anything... I'm gonna go try to smooth his feathers a bit... *swings his ax to a stop into the standing log and leaving before Bo had a chance to argue with him- truth be told they had been doing enough of that lately and he was just tired of it; pulling on his shirt but leaving it to hang open in fron so that he could cool off a little he followed his uncle into the barn* It wasn't our fault...

*sighs already sensing that somehow, as always, Bo had gotten the easier job of the two* We was bringin' back Maudine's oats from town...just like you asked us to... *figuring he might as well start with emphasizing the fact that they were being obedient- stacking the cards in his favor from the beginning*

*sighs-leave it to Jesse to turn a story into a sermon; besides in Luke's mind he was doing no such thing, but hen...Uncle Jesse was a lot more strict on what was a cuss word and what wasn't than any man Luke ever met* Well...he was gonna...but I told Bo to take the shortcut by Sutter's Pond...we did...and woulda made it all right if Bo woulda checked the tires like I told him to...we landed wrong and took out the fence... *shrugs* Simple as that

*continues to split logs as he spoke, not about to let Luke blame everything on him just because he was the one driving*

"I said cousin, that you never asked me to check them tyres, you said you was gonna check the tyres while I called Cooter an' asked him if he had the spare parts for the General in. Stop tryin' t'blame everythin' on me."

"Oh really! Well then..." *throws the axe down into the chopping block, grabbing his shirt* "You can finish that an' do the rest of the chores yourself if i'm so incapable of doing any work! I'll probably only do it wrong and you'll re-do it anyway!"

*yells back at him, yanking his shirt onto his shoulders and going to the General, sliding in and driving off*