Musical Chairs

Redneck girl 01

• 10 months later...

So I couldn't figure out how to post a video on this newer version...so you'll have to handle a link. :)

"Jack Daniels" Eric Church

I will warn y'all that he does say the "A" word a few times in the song and for that I apologize. This is the only song I could think of with any of the words on the previous songs and well...I was determined to think of something. I dislike that he uses that word, but do  love Eric Church's music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQm4loeXc20

OK...so I cheated. How many Jack songs can there be? Can't think of any Diane songs either...so I will go with and.

"You and Tequila" Kenny Chesney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8XkLrErSHw

(btw...I copied and pasted this into the reply box and it still didn't show the picture. You may just be stuck with a link...)

Edited by Garrett Duke

OK...so I cheated. How many Jack songs can there be? Can't think of any Diane songs either...

I only have one other Diane song, but there are a few Jack songs around. Anyway ...

Weather With You - Crowded House

(btw...I copied and pasted this into the reply box and it still didn't show the picture. You may just be stuck with a link...)

You'll have to click the "More reply options" button to get a preview. It just shows the address in the reply box.

• 1 year later...

I didn't know the version by The Angels, Susan. That's why I like this thread - I get to hear new stuff. It turns out that I also have a cover version by another English band called Space. That one's from the late '90s.

Like Space, this band is also from Liverpool (y'all may remember a well-known '60s band from Liverpool as well :)).

A Cool Place - Lightning Seeds

10 hours ago, HossC said:

'y'all may remember a well-known '60s band from Liverpool as well :) '
  You mean the band that were told by a record company exec. "Groups of four are Out! Go back to Liverpool!" ? Lol! True story!

Anything by The Angels is pretty much considered 'Classic Rock' over here. That one still gets played on the radio all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

The Eight Fifteens - A Happy Ending from the album Lost Transmission

My cousin and his buddies started this band though they recently played their last gig together. You can find more of the songs from this album and other covers they did on Youtube 

Edited by Spike

• 6 years later...
On 7/4/2009 at 2:18 AM, Redneck girl 01 said:

Okay this is a game I got from The Oak Ridge Boys message board thingy mcbobber....

Okay what you do...put a song title, and then the next person can take any word from that title and then post another song with that word in it. Try to pick a song that has at least three or four words in it...so we have something to chose from...and we'll try to avoid the same ones...for a while....lol...

Can I remind y'all of the way this game works from the very first post. The next song has to include at least one word in its title that was in the previous song title.

If you just want to post your favorite music, you can use the What are you listening to??? thread.