Musical Chairs

Redneck girl 01

I was referring to my song being from the '80s, and older songs are fine with me. BTW. the Jason Aldean video isn't available here.

Let's go back to some music written in the mid 19th century as part of 'Die Walküre'. It's been used in many movies - 'Apocalypse Now' and 'The Blues Brothers' spring to mind.

Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner

• 4 weeks later...
Here is the New Kids latest song they have out on their newer album that came out in April or May. Haven't used the New Kids for a while and figured Hoss probably missed :awesome: so here they are. :awesome:

I'm still recovering from when you first posted this song back in January ;).

Here's a song about becoming more like Alfie, the womanizer played by Michael Caine in the 1966 movie of the same name. It's from the 1996 album 'Casanova'.

Becoming More Like Alfie - The Divine Comedy

Just a quick note to everyone replying to this thread (I'm guilty of this myself):

Since we've nearly all switched to embedding videos, it's easy to forget to include the name of the song/artist in the post. This means that it doesn't show up when you search the thread (either to check if a song's been posted before, or to find a song you want to listen to again), and there's also no way of knowing what the song was if the video gets removed from YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I don't know what made me think of this song...

I do know why I thought of this song - it's currently being used on a commercial.

I'm A Woman - Peggy Lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8ZpZkUr2Y

Is that better, Hoss? ;)

I was going to say "That don't impress me much", but that's a whole different song :). Actually this one's fine with me, and reminds me of this scene from The Big Bang Theory:

Garrett, I'm sure your video works fine in the US, but it isn't available here. I was able to find another version from the caption.

I'm aware that some people will probably consider this song to be a sacrilegious treatment of a track by The Beatles, but I like it.

She's a Woman - Scritti Politti

• 2 weeks later...

I'll up you guys and give you a song from a group that I think is amazing and had been in the music industry for almost 45 years. You guys might know their most famous song, "Staying Alive" from the late 70s.

This song is from their album, Staying Alive, which came out a couple years later.

"The Woman in You" ~ Bee Gees

What year was this? If you will notice, the guitar sounds " Clear" in all the bands like this, The Beatles, etc. This was before Jimi Hendricks made the fuzz box popular. After he used it, EVERYBODY has used it ever since. THIS, in my opinion, is why he is considered the best guitarist in the world, regardless of how mediocre some of his stuff comes out as, not to mention his blasphemous ( and crappy sounding) rendition of " O say can you see?"