Musical Chairs

Redneck girl 01

Apologies for posting out of turn, but I posted a song within the last 2 weeks by Gerry Rafferty, and it was announced last night that, after a long illness, Gerry had passed away at the age of 63.

He had most of his success in the late '70s, and is probably best remembered (at least this side of the Atlantic) for the anthemic hit

. Other hits included
, Right Down The Line, and
(the video on this one is a slide show of old pictures of Dublin). His band, Stealers Wheel, also recorded the song
that was used in the iconic warehouse scene in 'Reservoir Dogs'.

RIP Gerry (16 April 1947 – 4 January 2011).

AJ is one of my favorite Country artist...despite all the new Country that is sung around him on the radio, he remains true to Country Music and to his own music. Don't get me wrong, I do like some of the new Country that is out there like Kenny and Keith and Tim, but it is also refreshing to still hear Alan's original country being played on the radio.

- Henry Mancini

(as this video atests, this song was written for the "The Glenn Miller Story" movie back in the 50's. The ironic thing to note is that when Glenn Miller was putting together his AAF/AEF band after he joined the Army Air Corps during WWII, there was a 19 year old piano player who didn't make the cut. That piano player was Henry Mancini).

Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles

I've listened to your 3 AJ songs tonight, and he's starting to grow on me, but I think you're fighting a losing battle with NKOTB ;).

Well I guess I can't win 'em all...huh? At least you are starting to like AJ. :) If I hadn't liked NKOTB when I was younger, I probably wouldn't have given them a second thought. But I did and will be seeing them in concert for the sixth time in June. :D Besides, you can't go wrong with ol' AJ...him and Bo seem to have a few things in common. Both are from Georgia, both love cars, both have blond hair and blue eyes, and both are 6'4".