We Need a Book thread

Julieduke

I like Banana Yoshimoto, Murakami Haruhi, Abraham Yehoushua, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, John Fante, Arto Paasilinna, Jostein Garder, Tolkien.... and much more.

The best book ever (I mean... 4 books of a series): "The misplaced legion" series, Harry Turtledove. But copyright issues lead Turtledove to ask that fans refrain from writing fanfiction 'bout his stories.

What a pity!! His books are the only books I'd like to write fic 'bout.

Turtledove's fans out there?????

I like Banana Yoshimoto, Murakami Haruhi, Abraham Yehoushua, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, John Fante, Arto Paasilinna, Jostein Garder, Tolkien.... and much more.

The best book ever (I mean... 4 books of a series): "The misplaced legion" series, Harry Turtledove. But copyright issues lead Turtledove to ask that fans refrain from writing fanfiction 'bout his stories.

Very Intersecting.

i never heard any of those that you just mentioned

We Need a Book Thread for people to discuss what they are reading or what books they like to collect as well. Personally me I like Hannah Howell, Lynsay Sands, Barbara Taylor Bradford, Debbie Macomber and James A. Michener and apparently James Bond Novels as well.

Julie, I'd say you just started yourself a book thread. :)

i never heard any of those that you just mentioned

Are you familiar with the Lord of the Rings series daisy? (It's been made into movies recently). J R R Tolkien wrote those. I haven't read the books but I remember EVERYBODY was reading them when I was in Jr. High and Highschool.

Which was, well, a few years ago. LOL

Are you familiar with the Lord of the Rings series daisy? (It's been made into movies recently). J R R Tolkien wrote those. I haven't read the books but I remember EVERYBODY was reading them when I was in Jr. High and Highschool.

Which was, well, a few years ago. LOL

ive heard of them, i never got into it though, i read Nancy Drew Mysteries and the Dear America series, and sometime Naruto Manga

I've read a couple of Harry Turtledove's books - my sister likes him, but I've never really managed to get into him.

I liked the first book in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but only for Golem, after that I kind of lost intrest. :oops:

Now I mostly read Karin Slaughter, Jim Butcher, Lilith Saintcrow, John Connolly, Kim Harrison, and Kelley Armstrong. And, on the rare occasion that they put out new books, PN Elrod and Rita Mae Brown (but only the ones "cowritten" by her cat Sneaky Pie :D)

I have heard of "Lord of the Rings" but never really did get into the movies or tried to read any of the books. I haven't heard of the other authors you all have listed.

I am not really into that sort of thing, I like a good mystery - either lawyer or police or both. My favorite authors are: Lee Child, Micheal Connolly, John Lescroart, and Steve Martini. Once I get any of their books started, they are hard for me to set them back down.

It's funny that you should mention "Lord of the Rings". I've been putting ideas down in a notebook the last few months and plan to start writing a book that is similiar to that type of story.

I'm realistic about the chance in a million that it will ever get published. I wrote a romantic fiction called "Wolfe Mountain" and I learned from that how hard it is to get someone to even look at it.

Still, I don't care. "Wolfe Mountain" took 3 years to write and from that experience I know that this new project will take about 10 years but I'm just doing it for fun so if it doesn't sell, the least I can do is pass it down to my heirs. Who knows, maybe a grandchild or great-grandchild will improve on it and make it succeed.

It's going to be time consuming but it won't cut into my Dukes stuff. It might cut into me getting the lawn mowed though...LOL

I just finished reading a novel my sister Amanda sent me and started another one. She want to get the novel published but been busy with wedding plans.

She getting married July 4.

Congrats to your sister.

I miss your fanfics. Reading fanfics (and not only books) is a good thing. LOL

Some books that I really like and have read

Janet Oak

Wayne Thomas Batson

Bryan Davis

those are some Authors i like and for series

Series of Unfortunate Events. Read the hole thing in the last half of eight grade really liked them.

Harry Potter. Could not put it down

The Edge Chronicles

Read Eragon. Pretty good, but somehow lost interest (not really i guess just reading such big books)

Now I'm reading (in between Dragons in our Midst by Bryan Davis) 39 clues.

Some books that I really like and have read

Janet Oak

Wayne Thomas Batson

Bryan Davis

those are some Authors i like and for series

Series of Unfortunate Events. Read the hole thing in the last half of eight grade really liked them.

Harry Potter. Could not put it down

The Edge Chronicles

Read Eragon. Pretty good, but somehow lost interest (not really i guess just reading such big books)

Now I'm reading (in between Dragons in our Midst by Bryan Davis) 39 clues.

Well right now I am reading Highland Savage by Hannah Howell and get this the bad guys name in the books is Ranald and his lover is Agnes and the two they are after are Katarine and Sir Lucas Murray but Ranald keeps trapping him so far. And Sir Lucas has a Twin brother name Sir Artan Murray it's set in 1481 Scotland and Lucas must be handsome for the cover I keep looking at the cover now as well. And the other book I am reading mostly at work in "The Rogue Hunter by Lynsay Sands" and it's Paranormal romance I know to romances that are so different but yet the Hannah Howell novels the pages just fly by for some reason as well. And by the way "Highland Savage" is the sixth Hannah Howell novel I've read in less than seven months as well. Sorry the General Lee isn't in this book and no Bo isn't as well.lol.

that sounds interesting Julie. especially since half my family is from scottland well at least my grandaddy on my moms side. really haven't read much bout scottland and that does sound good.

It is I started reading the book on Sunday and I allreadry up to page 136 or 316 in the novel itself now as well.

lol. kind of hard to not have. especially when you listen to 97.3 one reason I got to reading it. I'd seen the first movie like three times or someting and then they were talking about this couple that really likes it was going to have their wedding and then go to the opening of book seven before their honeymoon. not sure why, but I started reading the first book the next day.

lol. kind of hard to not have. especially when you listen to 97.3 one reason I got to reading it. I'd seen the first movie like three times or someting and then they were talking about this couple that really likes it was going to have their wedding and then go to the opening of book seven before their honeymoon. not sure why, but I started reading the first book the next day.

I haven't read any of books myself now.

lol. well anyway. i mean the first book came out when i was in like i think third grade . . .maybe foruth, but I never read them untill ninth. so yeah i see your point. you kind of have to have a feeling for reading. kind of like writting an Drawing. You do much of it? I know the writing . . .well RP, but the drawing?

lol. well anyway. i mean the first book came out when i was in like i think third grade . . .maybe foruth, but I never read them untill ninth. so yeah i see your point. you kind of have to have a feeling for reading. kind of like writting an Drawing. You do much of it? I know the writing . . .well RP, but the drawing?

I've also read all Debbie Macomber Cedar Cove series book except the christmas one I have it but haven't read it yet thow.

I've also read all Debbie Macomber Cedar Cove series book except the christmas one I have it but haven't read it yet thow.

Well on Highland Savage by Hannah Howell I have less than 100 pages to go on this story and it's getting really good then I'm going on to Highland Barbarian by Hannah Howell I hope that is one if just as good. You get attracted by the covers and get taken in by the writings with her books apparently now.