Duke-Hogg-Coltrane-Davenport Family Tree

Hi!

I want to try to create a family tree and a family history for the Duke, Hogg, and Coltrane families. In several episodes they drop names of family members, here is what I have so far. There are some inconsistancies. Any help is appreciated.

Duke Family:

Jesse L. Duke, either uncle or great uncle of Bo, Luke, Daisy, Coy, Vance, Jeb Stuart, and Jud Kane. Was married to Lavinia.

Lukas K. Duke, nephew of Jesse, brother of Jud Kane.

Beauregard "Bo" Duke, nephew of Jesse.

Daisy Mae Duke, nephew of Jesse. Came to live with Uncle Jesse at age 6.

Coy Duke, nephew of Jesse.

Vance Duke, nephew of Jesse.

Jeb Stuart Duke, nephew of Jesse from Placid County where there are other Dukes.

Jud Kane Duke, nephew of Jesse, brother of Luke. Raised by a Miss Norris until her death when he found out about real family.

Gaylord Duke, third cousin of Bo, Daisy, and Luke from England.

Philip Duke, died ten years ago presumably in England.

Katrina "Kay" Duke, lives in England.

Henshaw Duke, Grandfather of Daisy, Luke, and Bo, maybe Jesse's father?

Grandma Denton Duke, grandmother of Jesse Duke, maiden name Denton.

Caleb Duke, settled Hazzard County in 1762 (I think) with wife Martha and infant son Joshua.

Martha Duke, settled in Hazzard County in 1762 with husband and infant son Joshua.

Joshua Duke, son of Caleb and Martha settled in Hazzard in 1762 as an infant, born that year.

Jerimiah Duke, great grandfather of Jesse Duke, husband of Jenny Duke. Uncle of Hank, Dixie, and Joe Duke. Lived on Duke Farm in 1872, assumably age early 40s to early 50s.

Jenny Duke, great grandmother of Jesse Duke, wife of Jerimiah, great great great grandmother of Daisy Duke. (Might lead to fact that Jesse was their great uncle). Lived on Duke Farm in 1872. Age late 30s to mid 40s.

Jerimiah & Jenny Duke Problem: If they are Jesse's great grandparents, where are their children? They are already in their 40s assumably.

Hank Duke, great grandfather of Luke and Jud Kane Duke, alive in 1872. Lived outside of Hazzard County (aka Sleepy City). This might be a hint that Luke and Jud's parents were distant cousins because Jerimiah would be Luke's gg or ggg grandfather, and yet Hank DUKE is his great grandfather, and Hank is Jerimiah's nephew.

Dixie Duke, great grandmother of Daisy M. Duke, alive in 1872. Lived outside of Hazzard County (aka Sleepy City). This might be a hint that Daisy's parents were distant cousins because Jerimiah would be Daisy's gg or ggg grandfather, and yet Dixie DUKE is her great grandfather, and Dixie is Jerimiah's niece.

Joseph "Joe" Duke, great grandmother of Bo Duke, alive in 1872. Lived outside of Hazzard County (aka Sleepy City). This might be a hint that Bo's parents were distant cousins because Jerimiah would be Bo's gg or ggg grandfather, and yet Hank DUKE is his great grandfather, and Joe is Jerimiah's nephew.

Holly Comfurt, Jesse's second cousin twice removed. In simple terms that means that two of Jesse's grandparents are her great great grandparents. As for the different last name there are a wide range of possibilities, one scenario could be that Jesse's mother was maybe a Miller and her father's brother's great great granddaughter is Holly Miller who married a Comfurt.

John Henry Comfurt, son of Holly Comfurt, distant cousin of Duke Family.

Lori Comfurt, daughter of Holly Comfurt, distant cousin of Duke Family.

Hogg Family:

Jefferson Davis Hogg, "J.D." "Boss Hogg," husband of Lulu Coltrane. Son of big daddy. Uncle of Hughie Hogg, Jamie Lee Hogg, and Dewey Hogg.

Lulu Coltrane Hogg, wife of J.D. Hogg, brother of Rosco Purvis Coltrane and Hortense Coltrane. Daughter of Momma Coltrane.

Big Daddy Hogg, father of Abraham Lincoln Hogg and Jefferson Davis Hogg. Grandfather of Hughie, Jamie Lee, and Dewey. Died in 2003.

Momma Hogg, died before start of series. Ashes on Boss's mantel.

Dewey Hogg, older brother of Hughie Hogg. Nephew of J.D. Hogg and Abraham Lincoln Hogg. Grandson of Big Daddy Hogg.

Hughie Hogg, younger brother of Dewey Hogg. Nephew of J.D. Hogg and Abraham Lincoln Hogg. Grandson of Big Daddy Hogg.

Jamie Lee Hogg, cousin of Dewey and Hughie. Nephew of J.D. Hogg and Abraham Lincoln Hogg. Grandson of Big Daddy Hogg.

Grady Byrd, cousin of J.D. Hogg and Abraham Lincoln Hogg.

Cletus Hogg, 3rd cousin of J.D. Hogg and Abraham Lincoln Hogg.

Mabel Tillingham, J.D. and Abraham Lincoln Hogg's cousin.

Dan Hogg, J.D. and Abraham Lincoln Hogg's cousin.

Thadius B. Hogg (not Thaddeus), J.D. and Abraham Lincoln Hogg's great grandfather. Was alive in 1872, age about mid 40s. Was alive when J.D. and Abraham were born.

"Lighthorse" Henry Hogg, J.D. and Abraham Lincoln Hogg's great grandfather. Fought in the Civil War on the Confederate side.

Sadie Hogg, J.D. and Abraham Lincoln Hogg's great great grandmother. Sadie Hogg Day named in her honor.

Coltrane Family:

Rosco Purvis Coltrane, younger brother of Lulu and Hortense. Son of Momma Coltrane.

Lulu Coltrane Hogg, younger sister of Hortense and older sister of Rosco. Daughter of Momma Coltrane.

Clara Coltrane, aunt of Hortense, Lulu, and Rosco.

Momma Coltrane- Mother of Hortense, Lulu, and Rosco.

Hortense Coltrane, older sister of Rosco and Lulu.

Emma Coltrane, aunt of Rosco, Hortense, and Lulu. Married to Wilbur.

Wilbur Coltrane, uncle of Rosco, Hortense, and Lulu. Married to Emma. Brother of Clara.

Davenport Family:

Cooter Davenport, father of Nancy Lou Nelson. Cousin of B.B., Longstreet, and Earl Davenport.

B.B. Davenport, cousin of Cooter, Longstreet, and Earl Davenport.

Longstreet Davenport, cousin of B.B., Cooter, and Earl Davenport.

Earl Davenport, cousin of B.B., Cooter, Longstreet Davenport.

Nancy Lou Nelson, Cooter's 18 year old daughter whose mother is Beverly Hibbs.

NOTE: I have researched mine, and other family trees before, and it is possible for a person, such as Boss Hogg, to be descended of two great grandfathers with the last name, Hogg. This could simply mean that his parents/grandparents were distant cousins. Remember Daisy's line in One Arm Bandits:

Bo: "If you weren't my cousin I'd marry you."

Daisy: "That's never stopped anyone in this family before."

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!!

This is unbelievable R.J.King!!!

It's so awesome to have another person on this website who loves the Dukes of Hazzard so much to take the time to compile a list like this. There are so many people here like you on this website. That's why I love HazzardNet so much and so will you.

I will check out your list more closely when I have more time. It will be interesting to see how well my records match yours.

Welcome to the HazzardNet!!!!

Glad to hear such great feedback!!!

Maybe I haven't watched enough episodes yet, but I haven't heard anything on Enos' family yet. Excepot his parents were mentioned in the 1997 Reunion.

Some more Duke Family members, mentioned in "Welcome Back, Bo 'n' Luke"

Uncle Albert, has two children. Married to Bessie. Uncle of Luke, Bo, Daisy, Coy, Vance, Jeb Stuart, and Jud Kane. Was in the hospital.

Aunt Bessie, has two children. Married to Albert. Aunt of Luke, Bo, Daisy, Coy, Vance, Jeb Stuart, and Jud Kane.

The only family of Enos's ever mentioned on the show were......

His daddy from "One Armed Bandits"

His cousin (no name mentioned) from "Find Loretta Lynn"

His Aunt Minnie from "Close Call for Daisy"

His Uncle Odie from "Enos in Trouble"

Jessi, I don't think I'll post mine. Commissioner King has done a pretty good job here. What I will do is check mine with his and add anything I find that might have been missed. That might take a little while though. This is fun!!!!!

The only family of Enos's ever mentioned on the show were......

His daddy from "One Armed Bandits"

His cousin (no name mentioned) from "Find Loretta Lynn"

His Aunt Minnie from "Close Call for Daisy"

His Uncle Odie from "Enos in Trouble"

Jessi, I don't think I'll post mine. Commissioner King has done a pretty good job here. What I will do is check mine with his and add anything I find that might have been missed. That might take a little while though. This is fun!!!!!

I don't remember any Enos's Aunt Minnie or cousin.

WHY? Maybe there's something different in DOH italian version (I've seen "Close call for Daisy" several times :-?).

I'd like to know more 'bout them (what do you know exactly 'bout them, Roger?).

Thank you for this thread, CountyCommisionarKing. ;)

It's important to remember that a lot of these people that the Commissioner has listed here were never on the show. They were only MENTIONED on the show. Lizzy, The Commissioner is right about Cooter's cousin Earl. He was mentioned on "Along Came a Duke" and was an undertaker.

In the case of the four relatives I listed for Enos, none of them were on the show. An interesting thing is that Sonny Shroyer mentioned Odie because he did it as a tribute to his real life father. (He told me that personally)

Hey !1976, I'll watch "Close Call for Daisy" and find out when Minnie was mentioned and get back to you. I bet you're right about the translation problem.

Hey !1976, I found that scene.

After Rosco caught Enos on the street with Daisy's lipstick on his cheek, he went in to report it to Boss by having Boss guess who was staying with Enos. Boss's second guess was Enos's Aunt Minnie.

*lightbulb goes off over RogerDuke's head*

Hey, I think Boss's first guess was Enos's Mama and she's not included on my relative list. Now I have to back and double check.

I'll use any excuse to watch more Dukes!!! LOL

I'm sure you have a much better memory than me !1976. That's why I use my notebook to cheat.

At the end of "Find Loretta Lynn" at the Boar's Nest just before Loretta sings "Ya'All Come", she hands out pictures. While she's giving some to Rosco and Enos, Waylon says "Rosco and Enos got enough pictures for all their cousins."

I was starting to get concerned. I was almost all the way through the episode and their cousins still hadn't been mentioned yet.

I'm sure you have a much better memory than me !1976. That's why I use my notebook to cheat.

At the end of "Find Loretta Lynn" at the Boar's Nest just before Loretta sings "Ya'All Come", she hands out pictures. While she's giving some to Rosco and Enos, Waylon says "Rosco and Enos got enough pictures for all their cousins."

I was starting to get concerned. I was almost all the way through the episode and their cousins still hadn't been mentioned yet.

In italian episode, Waylon says something like "Rosco and Enos got enough pictures to satisfy all their relatives" (not cousins).

Thank you Roger. You know DOH very very very well. ;)

I guess there is a difference in the translations !1976. Hopefully none of the translation problems are extremely inaccurate. I can see how something like that can happen.

Hey Commissioner, I still haven't checked your big list over. I think I'll have time Sunday night.

As far as the Jesse's wife dilemma goes, I have devised my own solution to the problem and here it is...

1) From "Luke's Love Story" Jesse said he's only been in love once and "I married her"

2) On "The Legacy" Jesse said his wife's name was Martha

3) On "Farewell Hazzard" Jesse said his wife's name was Lavinia

4) On "The Boar's Nest Bear's he called her Lavinia again

Since Jesse's only been in love once and he never would have married a woman he didn't love, I'm guessing that the same lady went by two different names. I'm also wondering if maybe Martha was just a nickname or maybe even her middle name. So, for my records I call her Lavinia Martha Duke.

Well Commissioner, I finally got time to check your list with mine. I must say that I am very impressed with all the time and work you put into and (in my opinion at least) it is amazingly accurate. I'm impressed!!!

I have 3 additions and one correction. I have listed the episode names if you want to double check.

1) I have Mrs. Nelson written down as the lady who raised Jud Kane from "Brotherly Love". You have her listed as Miss Norris.

2) Lulu's Uncle Jasper was mentioned in "The Fortune Tellers". Unless Rosco is only her half-brother (which I doubt) Jasper would be Rosco's uncle too.

3) Boss had an Uncle Silas from "The Haunting of J.D. Hogg". Silas was like a second father to Jesse.

4) Daisy had an Aunt Clara who was mentioned on "Sittin' Dukes". They didn't mention if she was still living. If she was deceased she might have been Bo or Luke's mother but I can't recall exactly how they worded it. I can't even remember who mentioned her. That's from season 7 if you want to check it out.