John Schneider on Halmark Channel Tuesday 10, 2009 @ 9:00

Redneck girl 01

Howdy Y'all....My friend told me today that John Schneider was starin in a movie called, "You've Got a Friend" on the Halmark channel today (Tuesday 10, 2009) at 9:00 pm....eastern time....Sorry I don't know the others...It started 8 minutes ago...but someone may catch it...I wish I had that channel...hopefully it will be on DVD...Well enjoy!

Howdy Y'all....My friend told me today that John Schneider was starin in a movie called, "You've Got a Friend" on the Halmark channel today (Tuesday 10, 2009) at 9:00 pm....eastern time....Sorry I don't know the others...It started 8 minutes ago...but someone may catch it...I wish I had that channel...hopefully it will be on DVD...Well enjoy!

ive seen "You've Got a Friend" lots of times, and i cant get enough

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey y'all...just thought I'd let you know he was in another Hallmark movie Saturday night, think they had it on again on Sunday as well. It was a great family movie...it is always great to see the likes of that on TV now a days. It was "Dance at my Wedding" or something like that. He had a big part in the movie and did an awesome job in it. Hopefully they will aire it again for those of you who missed it this weekend, because it was definately worth watching it! :D

• 1 year later...

I caught 5 minutes of "You've Got a Friend" today. It was being shown on a UK TV channel under the alternative title "Derby" (hence I didn't spot it). Sadly I wasn't at home, missed the first half, and was on my way out when I came across it with no chance to tape it.

The TV guide gave the following summary:

"Heartwarming drama starring John Schneider and Dylan McLaughlin. A little boy teams up with a reclusive Vietnam veteran to build a go-cart for the upcoming soap box derby. (2007)"

Luckily I did have my camera with me and managed to get this picture straight off the TV:

Friend2.jpg

"Heartwarming drama starring John Schneider and Dylan McLaughlin. A little boy teams up with a reclusive Vietnam veteran to build a go-cart for the upcoming soap box derby. (2007)"

John playing a Vietnam vet?! Wow, that's quite a stretch. John turned 50 in April (7 days before I did) so he graduated from high school in 1978. While the war officially ended in 1975 it had been a few years prior to 1975 that American troops were there. The youngest (combat) VietNam vet I know is currently around 60 years old. (Please feel free to correct me if anybody knows one younger).

If John looked OLDER than his age he might be able to pull off the role of a VietNam vet but since he looks YOUNGER than he really is, casting him as the part sure seems like a stretch to me.

Was he made up to look older? It was kinda hard to tell just by this one picture but he sure doesn't look 60. Of course if it was from 2007 he was 47.

Sorry for being critical of the casting. I bet it was a great show. Anything John does is awesome. I bet that playing a VietNam vet made him feel old!

well. keep in mind too that a movie could be made in 2010, but set in 2000. I only seen it a couple times so didnt pay attention as to whether there were tiny cell phones, netbooks, etc. But then again I know of one show we all know and love where cars jump silos, jump through a drainage tube hoisted in the sky and always lands without much damage. NOT to say that might be stretching things a bit of course, but hey? Isnt half the fun of a movie or tv show to escape reality for a bit? Besides, it is called acting after all;)

Great point Daisy...you're a smart one!

Garrett, it didn't really upset me. I guess I was just pointing out a possible blooper but we'll assume Daisy is correct and look at the positive side of it.

I just found it funny that guys my age are old enough to be cast as VietNam vets in a show.....LOL....I'm getting old. In fact, I've never been this old in my life.

• 1 year later...

I have good news and bad news for you. First the bad news: I can't find any reference to 'You've Got a Friend' being commercially available on DVD, VHS or download. The good news is that if you know anyone with the Hallmark Movie Channel it's being shown a few times this month:

Tonight (05/07) at 10pm ET;

Tomorrow (05/08) at 4am ET;

Friday 05/18 at 6pm ET;

Saturday 05/19 at 4am ET.

There may be other showings that I missed. You can check for yourself on www.hallmarkmoviechannel.com - click on "schedule" just under the logo and look for it day by day. For some reason if you do a search it only gives the 4am showings (and shows them a day early).

• 8 years later...
On 6/8/2009 at 5:26 PM, Garrett Duke said:

Hey y'all...just thought I'd let you know he was in another Hallmark movie Saturday night, think they had it on again on Sunday as well. It was a great family movie...it is always great to see the likes of that on TV now a days. It was "Dance at my Wedding" or something like that. He had a big part in the movie and did an awesome job in it. Hopefully they will aire it again for those of you who missed it this weekend, because it was definately worth watching it! :D

Wow Cousin Garrett... You posted this on my Cousin Starr's birthday! :)