Scrapbooking

Redneck girl 01

Well I was in the store Ollies the other day...n I came across this scrapbook kit for prom..n I thought with prom comin up it would be cute to do after prom. The thing is I havent made any scrapbooks before...Some of my friends have n they are really neat...so now I wanna make one...so does anyone else on here scrapbook? Got any teqniques or whatever. Well Im just curious...Talk to y'all later!

Well I was in the store Ollies the other day...n I came across this scrapbook kit for prom..n I thought with prom comin up it would be cute to do after prom. The thing is I havent made any scrapbooks before...Some of my friends have n they are really neat...so now I wanna make one...so does anyone else on here scrapbook? Got any teqniques or whatever. Well Im just curious...Talk to y'all later!

i scrapbook alot, just like find all your fave colors and designes and everything else, just find your fave things and go with it

I just started scrapbooking, so I'm SO happy to see that you started this thread, Redneck! :)

Scrapbooking can be very pricey and overwhelming. So, you were so wise to pick up a little packet for prom. It will really help to not make it so overwhelming. Usually with a packet like that, it's somewhat easier to assemble. But, of course, I wouldn't recommending even starting it until you take photos. Take lots and lots of photos so you have plenty to look through.

I think once you get your pictures, you can take the page they gave you and lay it out. Spend time playing with where you want your pictures to go. There may be some cute stickers or cut-outs. Play around with the layout. I wouldn't glue anything down until you lay everything where you want it. You may need to purchase acid-free glue so it doens't ruin your photos. You may even want to write some stuff on your page/s about prom. Highlights, your favorite dance of the evening, who you went with, etc. Make it fun, and make it your own beautiful original! It's your scrapbook with your own ideas, so there is no wrong way to make this!

Also, check out a scrapbooking store. Sometimes they offer free beginner classes. Go to the library and look for some books on scrapbooking, it will help to get some ideas. Look at what you like and don't like.

Hopefully that helped you out and didn't scare you off! :) I only know a little about it, like I said, I'm just starting out. But, I'd be happy to help anyway that I can!

And, for you experts out there, I'd love to hear your advice, or even if you could post some of your pages, that would be wonderful!

Have a great day!

Laura Duke:D

I just started scrapbooking, so I'm SO happy to see that you started this thread, Redneck! :)

Scrapbooking can be very pricey and overwhelming. So, you were so wise to pick up a little packet for prom. It will really help to not make it so overwhelming. Usually with a packet like that, it's somewhat easier to assemble. But, of course, I wouldn't recommending even starting it until you take photos. Take lots and lots of photos so you have plenty to look through.

I think once you get your pictures, you can take the page they gave you and lay it out. Spend time playing with where you want your pictures to go. There may be some cute stickers or cut-outs. Play around with the layout. I wouldn't glue anything down until you lay everything where you want it. You may need to purchase acid-free glue so it doens't ruin your photos. You may even want to write some stuff on your page/s about prom. Highlights, your favorite dance of the evening, who you went with, etc. Make it fun, and make it your own beautiful original! It's your scrapbook with your own ideas, so there is no wrong way to make this!

Also, check out a scrapbooking store. Sometimes they offer free beginner classes. Go to the library and look for some books on scrapbooking, it will help to get some ideas. Look at what you like and don't like.

Hopefully that helped you out and didn't scare you off! :) I only know a little about it, like I said, I'm just starting out. But, I'd be happy to help anyway that I can!

And, for you experts out there, I'd love to hear your advice, or even if you could post some of your pages, that would be wonderful!

Have a great day!

Laura Duke:D

I scrapbook with a three dollar to five dollar book and whatever I want to save, I have on with Ben Jones autograph saved in as well. And my ticket stub from the The Dukes of Hazzard Movie as well.