from james best about coy and vance

james best

Coy and Vance were just doing what any actor who has the opportunity to be on a hit TV show would have done. they took the job they did not take john or tom's job, they were pawns of Warner bros. to cohere john and tom to come back to the show. it so happens that john and tom had a legit beef with warner bros. they were getting cheated in money due them on merchandising. as we all were. coy and Vance were brought on the show not to replace them that is impossible anyway but were brought on to make john and tom give into to warner' bros. demands. it was hard for the new guys as the fans resented their dressing and acting like john and tom they were just reading the scripts that were originally written for tom and john it was not their choice to change the charterers. I hope fans understand coy and Vance were pawns and needed the work. who can blame them i sure don't. Rosco

Coy and Vance were just doing what any actor who has the opportunity to be on a hit TV show would have done. they took the job they did not take john or tom's job, they were pawns of Warner bros. to cohere john and tom to come back to the show. it so happens that john and tom had a legit beef with warner bros. they were getting cheated in money due them on merchandising. as we all were. coy and Vance were brought on the show not to replace them that is impossible anyway but were brought on to make john and tom give into to warner' bros. demands. it was hard for the new guys as the fans resented their dressing and acting like john and tom they were just reading the scripts that were originally written for tom and john it was not their choice to change the charterers. I hope fans understand coy and Vance were pawns and needed the work. who can blame them i sure don't. Rosco

In Other words, they was just doing there job then. It's hard when anybody is replaced in any type of job and it doesn't have to an actor, what about when the lead singer leaves somebody's favorite band or singing group they might not be met with warm welcome. I work at McDonald's and we occasionally get Managers that leave and then somebody comes in there place and we always say it's not the same as well.

In Other words, they was just doing there job then. It's hard when anybody is replaced in any type of job and it doesn't have to an actor, what about when the lead singer leaves somebody's favorite band or singing group they might not be met with warm welcome. I work at McDonald's and we occasionally get Managers that leave and then somebody comes in there place and we always say it's not the same as well.

Today at work the boss gave every single employee a Wal-Mart gift card for five dollars. I don't know what good thing we did but apparently everybody did something good right now as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I appreciate you writing this. I've never really liked Coy and Vance, but now, I think I have a better understanding and have a different perspective of their episodes. Thank you Mr. Best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

I know that this is a old post and Mr. Best is gone but I will say that Cherry and Meyer (in my opinion) did a great job filling in for the boys. They would have been accepted like Jeb Stuart Duke but unfortunately they were resented because of the whole thing with merch. Doesn't help either when Wopat refers to them as "Clones".  Two of my favorite episodes are the Mean Green Machine ones. Those were great. I would really like a MGMachine toy ERTL car if anyone know where to get one. But anyway, I have to give credit to Byron Cherry for participating in the Dukes of Hazzard events and not having a bad attitude for some of the bad things said about him. That just shows that he loved the show. Anyway, that's my 2 cents  

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 2:18 PM, RogerDuke said:

This is awesome. Thank you so much for putting Rosco's post back here in the spotlight and I'm sure his good friend Meadowmufn appreciates it. He used to come to the chat rooms here...great memories!

Tnx Roger, What a great thread.. So good to see actual writing of Rosco. Anyway hope all is well.