I have a question???

dukefan

If I had a Brain, I would not have to ask, but I can't remember.

Now it's easy enough to check the net and find out the age of Tom, John and Catherine, but what I want to know is , what were the ages of BO, Luke and Daisy?

I figure Luke to be the oldest and Bo as the youngest, but is Daisy older then Luke, or younger then Bo???? anyone know?

If I had a Brain, I would not have to ask, but I can't remember.

Now it's easy enough to check the net and find out the age of Tom, John and Catherine, but what I want to know is , what were the ages of BO, Luke and Daisy?

I figure Luke to be the oldest and Bo as the youngest, but is Daisy older then Luke, or younger then Bo???? anyone know?

the order goes Luke, Daisy then Bo

Good question. I've always put it the order as Luke, Daisy, Bo myself. We never really know their exact ages but just based on a few things we can "guesstimate" their ages. This is the explanation I came up with as background for my fanfics and such.

We know Luke served in the Marines and was "in the war" (Vietnam). In the episode "Happy Birthday General Lee" when they reminice about getting the General, Luke says how he had just gotten out of the service, Bo was getting out of highschool and Daisy had yet to start working at the Boar's Nest. I figure the year was 1976 because they say they had the car for 8 years and that episode aired in 1984. So, let's say Bo was 18 in '76 his birthyear would been 1958 (which makes him two years older than John).

I think when one goes in the Marines they go in for at least four years. That being the case, Luke coulda gone into the service in 1972. Thing is...if he saw combat in Vietnam, he'd have had to go in at least by 1970, as most US troops were out of Vietnam by 1973. I can't recall if there was still a lot of ground operations going on in '72 but I do know there was a draw down in the number of troops.

So...if Luke saw combat it would make more sense that he went in in 1969/1970, at the age of 18. For my purposes I had it that Luke went in in 1970, at 18.

Then that leaves Daisy. Using our 1976 benchmark year.....we have Luke at 24, Bo at 18 and I think I just put that Daisy was 20 or 21.

Other than that episode, there was very little by way of any details that would've helped establish their ages. At least, I can't recall any other episodes that had any sure details. LOL

Good question. I've always put it the order as Luke, Daisy, Bo myself. We never really know their exact ages but just based on a few things we can "guesstimate" their ages. This is the explanation I came up with as background for my fanfics and such.

We know Luke served in the Marines and was "in the war" (Vietnam). In the episode "Happy Birthday General Lee" when they reminice about getting the General, Luke says how he had just gotten out of the service, Bo was getting out of highschool and Daisy had yet to start working at the Boar's Nest. I figure the year was 1976 because they say they had the car for 8 years and that episode aired in 1984. So, let's say Bo was 18 in '76 his birthyear would been 1958 (which makes him two years older than John).

I think when one goes in the Marines they go in for at least four years. That being the case, Luke coulda gone into the service in 1972. Thing is...if he saw combat in Vietnam, he'd have had to go in at least by 1970, as most US troops were out of Vietnam by 1973. I can't recall if there was still a lot of ground operations going on in '72 but I do know there was a draw down in the number of troops.

So...if Luke saw combat it would make more sense that he went in in 1969/1970, at the age of 18. For my purposes I had it that Luke went in in 1970, at 18.

Then that leaves Daisy. Using our 1976 benchmark year.....we have Luke at 24, Bo at 18 and I think I just put that Daisy was 20 or 21.

Other than that episode, there was very little by way of any details that would've helped establish their ages. At least, I can't recall any other episodes that had any sure details. LOL

Wow Maryanne, that makes perfect since to me, so I was right, Daisy is older then Bo. I love the way you figured it all out, makes perfect sense for Luke to be 24, Daisy, 20/21 and Bo 18, perfect>:)

You should be working for the CSI team, you'd be great at crime fighting and solving problems.:)

Wow Maryanne, that makes perfect since to me, so I was right, Daisy is older then Bo. I love the way you figured it all out, makes perfect sense for Luke to be 24, Daisy, 20/21 and Bo 18, perfect>:)

You should be working for the CSI team, you'd be great at crime fighting and solving problems.:)

I could have sworn somewhere it said that Luke was only four years older than Bo I guess I'm wrong but I thought it did.

I always thought that Bo was 18, Daisy 20/21, Luke 22 or 23....

reason being is on Happy BDAY GL Bo is about 18 (just outta high school),

Luke just ooutta the Marine Corps (one term of active duty would be about 4 years of service age 18-22), Daisy selling alcohol...Id think shed need to be 21

I am not sure, guess we'll see if we get anymore answers to my question or not????

Yeah but I dont believe that Luke would be that much older than Bo...like Daisy said, if Luke left for 4 years at the age of 18 and came back he would be 22, if you count Bo as being four years younger, Bo would be 18 at the time of Luke returning making him come out of high school.

As for the order I think if you watch the family tree that's included with Season 2 it tells you the order of which the cousins go in and maybe their ages as well...I haven't watched it in a while but I swear i've heard somewhere in the Dukes of in something about the Dukes that Luke was 4 years Bo's elder.

another thing to consider...

in a boys best friend Luke mentions being about that age (7/8) when his folks died but not being that sad cuz he had Bo and Daisy...in one episode Jesse mentions that Daisy was six when whe came to the farm... so that kind of works too, asuming their folks died at different times...

Though of course the real story is they supposedly all died together

another thing to consider...

in a boys best friend Luke mentions being about that age (7/8) when his folks died but not being that sad cuz he had Bo and Daisy...in one episode Jesse mentions that Daisy was six when whe came to the farm... so that kind of works too, asuming their folks died at different times...

Though of course the real story is they supposedly all died together

when they had mary kays baby jesse talked about when bo was that small????

I always thought that Bo was 18, Daisy 20/21, Luke 22 or 23....

reason being is on Happy BDAY GL Bo is about 18 (just outta high school),

Luke just ooutta the Marine Corps (one term of active duty would be about 4 years of service age 18-22), Daisy selling alcohol...Id think shed need to be 21

Ya know Daisy Mae, the more I look at your answer, the more I like it, Luke 23, Daisy 21 and Bo 18.:)

Speaking of "Happy Birthday General Lee" they didn't talk too much about birthdays on the show. They had a birthday party for the General but I can't remember a birthday party for anybody else. My memory must be failing me because there must have been a birthday party or two somewhere in the 7 years. I'll probably remember one as soon as I log off. In the meantime, can anybody think of any?