georiga trip

dukefan1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty sad to see how different the Boar's Nest looked when Ben Jones and Sonny Shroyer visited it on the special features on one of the series DVDs (I'm not sure which season that was, does anybody know?)

Well, I guess it could be worse. Imagine how terrible it would have been if it would have been torn down to build a housing development or something like that.

I'm wondering if Dukes tourists go to church services there just for the opportunity to step inside the building.

Yeah the Boar's Nest was turned into a chapel but its not used for that anymore....rumor has it our favourite, tender hearted Duke boy seen above is planning on buying it and restoring it to former glory...just rumour of course...what really saddened me is the state of the Duke Farm now...its so unbelievably sad.

BoJames LOL I actually pulled the pic back & cropped the crud out of it LOL.....For those in the know you can imagine who it was!

I seriously doubt he got it because the steeple was JUST added recently but from waht I have heard I wouldnt put it past him.

Yes the farmhouse is barely standing, rumors floated round it too was going to be restored but that turned out to be false. It is in sad sad shape for sure!

It was at Dukesfest 08 we found out that its no longer a chapel and that its for sale...land developers want it apparently but they cant build there for some legal reasons...the land is protected or something....thats why John was interested in it, he was going to buy it, restore it and then...well he didnt get that far lol