New Year's Contest

RogerDuke

• 2 months later...

Well it is now the end of March and I am not much better than I had been when I had stated my resolution to not be as lazy. So, I am going to count me out of the contest. I should have stopped and thought of my resolution before stating it...at least more than I had. Winter is always the longest and hardest season for me emotionally, so I should have put that in as a factor in it. Not that I am making excuses for it, because there is no excuse. I failed the contest. Though I am out, I will attempt to work at getting more things done and not being as lazy, especially now that it is or should be getting warmer out. (Hard to say that today, after it snowed all afternoon! Doesn't the weather know it is spring and that once it starts to warm up, it is suppose to stay warm? LOL)

Anyway, how is everyone else doing that had signed up for the contest? I hope that you all are doing better than I have done. ;) Good luck to you all! :D

Well it is now the end of March and I am not much better than I had been when I had stated my resolution to not be as lazy. So, I am going to count me out of the contest. I should have stopped and thought of my resolution before stating it...at least more than I had. Winter is always the longest and hardest season for me emotionally, so I should have put that in as a factor in it. Not that I am making excuses for it, because there is no excuse. I failed the contest. Though I am out, I will attempt to work at getting more things done and not being as lazy, especially now that it is or should be getting warmer out. (Hard to say that today, after it snowed all afternoon! Doesn't the weather know it is spring and that once it starts to warm up, it is suppose to stay warm? LOL)

Anyway, how is everyone else doing that had signed up for the contest? I hope that you all are doing better than I have done. ;) Good luck to you all! :D

some how, ive kept my resolution, im sticking to buying essentials

Sorry to hear that Garrett. I want to thank you for your honesty.

Even though you're out of our contest you could always start a personal contest of your own. Since we're starting a new month, make a New Month Resolution. If you can keep it up for a month, you can keep it up for another month, etc, etc.

Congratulations daisyXenos!!! I'm proud of you. I'm doing okay with mine too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

YAY Daisy and Roger. Congrats on doing a good job at keeping your resolutions. Keep up the great work. As for me I think I am going to agree with Jimmie Buffett and make a new resolution to not make any more resolutions :D. LOL I need to find more and better motivation or something...

Enough about me, great job you two! :)

Sometimes a New Year's Resolution can be pretty intimidating so it's best if poeple make a New Month Resolution. If you can keep a good habit going for 30 days, there's a good chance you can keep it going longer than that. September will be here before you know it. Make a more reasonable goal by making a commitment to yourself for a month Garrett.

Of course, folks here like you just the way you are and don't think you need to improve anything!!

Awww *blushes* Thanks Roger. :)

That sounds like a good idea about setting it to be a monthly resolution over a year. Work at one step at a time and it doesn't sound so intimidating. It'd be a great time to work on losing weight and not eating so much...hmmm if I can make it one month, perhaps I can make it to weight loss goal. ;) One step at a time. . .

Sometimes if I feel like I need to improve my life I'll make a one month resolution. For example, I made a one month resolution (on May 1) to watch less politics on TV and more Dukes. I kept it and it started a trend that I've stuck with pretty well this summer.

Politics make me mad so I can only watch so much of it but for some reason I like to watch it anyways. Dukes on the other hand have nothing but positive effects on me. LOL

That sounds like a great resolution Roger! Dukes over resolution...I'd much rather watch the Dukes over the politics. I probably should pay more attention to politics than I do, but I really don't pay all that much attention, especially on TV. Then again, of what I do hear or read about, they don't make me very happy either. So I guess I am for the better. ;)

Well I heard or read once that if you work at changing something that after three weeks the change will become routine. So maybe I can do it...I just have to get it started. Which is the hard part. ;)