Rural Hazzard landmarks for our Ranch ??

coronet440

Hey Roger, do you have a list of all the Business's, roads, creeks, ponds, landmarks etc on the computer that you could post? I'm looking through this site writing down all that would be applicable to our property and keep with Duke references but I've only got a snippet of how many you said there were in another thread and was hoping I could find some that may work a little better and be relevant to our property. Some I'm going to use so far are "Rimfire Gulley", "Bear's Hollow", "Old Mill Road", "Ridgerunner Road" and "Hazzard Pond".

"Businesses - 161

Roads - 154

Water (creeks, lakes, swamps, ponds, etc) - 73

Landmarks (canyons, caves, mountains, bridges, hollows, etc) - 168"

Thanks

Wow, I'll have to get back with you. Everything I have is in a good old-fashioned notebook. It would take time to type it out but it's possible. Let me check it out and figure out the best way to do this.

I think it's awesome that you're interested. Maybe I should consider taking on a project like that......and call it the "Hazzard Archives".

I was afraid you were going to say that, it's a lot to ask if you don't already have it done though. I do think it would be very cool to have a comprehensive list but don't under-take it just on my request considering I'd probably end up only using a handful of the references.

Thanks,

Jordan

If you go to the "Hobbies" thread and scroll down to "map of Hazzard" you'll find a lot of information there. It has 75 replies and 7,490 views so it's been a pretty active thread. As I recall, you're familiar with it.

I've thought in the past about posting my notebook and it was something I was considering before your request so please don't think you're being a bother. Even if you didn't use it at all, it it would be a pleasure for me to put the time into it.

Unfortunately, it would be a multi-month project since I'm such a slow typer so you might not get the results you wanted right away. If you're looking for something in particular, I could look it up quickly.

For example, if you wanted to use the word "pine" in something on your property, it would only take a couple minutes for me to scan my notebook and get everything with the word pine in it.

Again, please don't think you're being a bother.....it's just the opposite, I love doing anything related to the Dukes of Hazzard.

Thanks Roger, I appreciate your willingness to help. It's nice to talk to someone else that loves the Dukes, my wife thinks I'm nuts and thinks I'm a little obsessed but luckily I have my 4 year old son to back me, he loves the Dukes as well.

Were there any with "Elk" or "Ponderosa" in the name? We have some key Elk hunting spots I'm going to name and also our property is covered with Ponderosa Pine. I might just settle for the more generic "pine" names, which I think I have enough of those to choose from already.

We have a spot that has a beautiful view of the area, any names that would reference an overlook, viewpoint, something like that?

There is a little old shed on the place, maybe a spot for Cooters Garage? Not sure, do you have any good ideas that would be fitting for a little dilapidated shed? Looks more like something Swamp Molly would live in but it's not in a swamp, lol.

Oh, we also have an out-house. Not sure if anything would be appropriate for that, the only one I remember in the show got blown up by the Duke boys and their dynomite arrows.

Thanks!!

Sorry but there's nothing with Ponderosa in the name.

Here's some other names that might help. Let me know if you're interested in what episodes they're from. It would only take a second to look it up.

In addition to these, do you want me to list all the names of the mountains, hills, ridges, canyons, meadows, valleys and holllows that DON'T have pine in the name?

I just love this project and I'm happy to be a part of it!!!

Pine Hollow

Cedar Valley

Pine Tree Crossing

Eagle Point

Crow's Ridge

Pine Ridge

Sweetwater Overpass

Wild Hollow

Hidden Pines

Eagle Rock Valley

Timbertop Acres (I like this one)

Eagle Pass

Spruce Hills

Pine Junction

Sorry but there's nothing with Ponderosa in the name.

Here's some other names that might help. Let me know if you're interested in what episodes they're from. It would only take a second to look it up.

In addition to these, do you want me to list all the names of the mountains, hills, ridges, canyons, meadows, valleys and holllows that DON'T have pine in the name?

I just love this project and I'm happy to be a part of it!!!

Pine Hollow

Cedar Valley

Pine Tree Crossing

Eagle Point

Crow's Ridge

Pine Ridge

Sweetwater Overpass

Wild Hollow

Hidden Pines

Eagle Rock Valley

Timbertop Acres (I like this one)

Eagle Pass

Spruce Hills

Pine Junction

Thanks! Yes, if you don't mind listing the others I would love to know them. Timbertop Acres is a good one, I'll have to see if that would be fitting in a spot. I like Pine Junction, that might be a good at a road intersection.

Let me know if you want to know which episode any of these were on.

Mount Paron--Tocula Pass--Razorback Hill--Black Hollow--Tucker Ridge--Possum's Hollow--Uchee Ridge--Watkin's Hollow--Bronson Canyon--Possum Hill--Klinger Ridge--Woodchuck Pass--Kissing Cliff--Seminole Hill--Stillson Canyon--Eagle Rock Meadow--Hangman's Hill--Twin Oak Hollow--Eagle Point--Skunk Hollow--Oak Valley--Crow's Ridge--Henderson Ridge--Bobcat Flats--Razorback Mountain--Benedict Canyon--Hillford Pass--Boxtop Bend--Choctaw Gulley--Eagle Rock--Benson's Gulch--Sweetwater Overpass--Seminole Canyon--Bear's Hollow--Widow's Peak--Wild Hollow--North Meadow--Simon's Peak--Eagle Rock Valley--Hickory Canyon--Bear Point--Grover's Gulch--Jackson Forest--Mud Flats--Mount Vernon--Jensen's Hollow--Walnut Grove--Lover's Glen--Morgan's Hollow--Lover's Rock--Bluebird Canyon--Sheep's Hollow--Eagle Pass--Box Canyon--Chester flats--Rocky Ridge--Stone Canyon--Rainbow Canyon--Dead End Canyon--Rimfire Gulley--Rimfire Ridge--Cotton Hollow--Pokerville Pass--Cottonwood Gulley--Tomkin's Hollow--Iron Mountain--Cherokee Bluffs--Choctaw Hollow

lol, thanks! No "01" on that hat, it's just a plain $3.00 blaze orange hunting cap. We have the kids wear them when we are in the woods so they stick out and are easy to spot when playing.

I was looking at Cooters Place online a while back hoping he had an iron-on 01 to stick on them but they only sell hat pins. I guess I could break out the magic marker, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I've made a little more progress, over Elk season I got the Boars Nest decal stuck on;

Boars-3.jpg

It's probably 2 years too late, but here's my version of the Boars Nest sign. I did it because I was thinking of getting it printed on a T-shirt. The artwork is all in outline, so it could easily be cut in vinyl, or scaled large for printing. You'll see I used it for my avatar. PM me if it's any use.

BoarsNest.jpg

It's probably 2 years too late, but here's my version of the Boars Nest sign. I did it because I was thinking of getting it printed on a T-shirt. The artwork is all in outline, so it could easily be cut in vinyl, or scaled large for printing. You'll see I used it for my avatar. PM me if it's any use.

BoarsNest.jpg

Nice work! My friend could only do one color on his cutter so I made mine plain. That is great though.

Nice work! My friend could only do one color on his cutter so I made mine plain. That is great though.

You just separate out the colors, cut out each one separately, then overlay them (I spent 10 years in the sign business). Nowadays it would probably be printed.

I like what you've done with your place. If there are any Hazzard signs you want copied, and your friend still has his cutter, PM me with a screen grab and I'll see what I can do.

@coronet440

I don't know what your stone carving skills are like, but it looks as though you have room for one of these on your ranch:).

MtDukemore.jpg

(Taken from the end credits of 'The Dukes Story: Building the Legend', one of the DVD extras on season 4).