Modern Version of Dukes of Hazzard

Julieduke

See i haven't thought about that. neither one dawned on me to any one person. at first i thought Robbie could be Uncle Jesse but Uncle Earl seems to fit a bit more. . . Daisy has a few friends she hangs out with like kinda usual right? i don't remember but if she did maybe Lilly could fit there. lol i haven't really picked an Enos yet but if i see him i think i'll know it.

they would make for an interesting cast. would be kinda funny if Rico was like a son or nephew or something of Boss's lol in fact you know i think Rico might have run away from his Uncle either Boss or Mr. Drysdale.

lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. Now I have made several posts in other forums, but I wanted to re-post the bottom portion of this since it does relate to the idea of a new series.

Since we are talking about a remake, let's take a look at past remakes of favorite shows.

Battlestar Galactica: Awesome and lasted 3 years longer than the original!

The Bionic Woman: Flopped

Knight Rider: Flopped. Although I did like the last few episodes, once they closed the SSC, and it was just the 4 core actors, and the resurrection of FLAG. But too little, too late to save the show.

The Dukes of Hazzard 2005 and The Beginning: Flopped HARD

Now onto a new version of the Dukes. I believe that it should be a mix of the old cast and new characters, such as Beau and Luke's sons, or even (and I know I will get hate mail for this) Coy and Vance's son's. That way they can call Beau and Luke "Uncle". I really liked the Charlie Daniels idea for resurrecting Uncle Jesse.

As for a new car...Have you seen the new Dodge Challengers? (I know I'll get blasted for this too). But since the new Chargers look nothing like the original, I would be willing to see the new Challenger sit in.

Now I have written synopses for at least 13 episodes of this series, which I am calling "The Dukes". Of course if it ever got made it would probably change back to the original title. If anyone wants to read the synopses, send me a message.

Now on to the repost. I created a "teaser" screenplay, for a commercial to promote the new series. Here it is.

Hi All,

Don't know if you remember a while back I had posted that I was trying to work on a sequel series for the Dukes...Well a certain posting has got the creative juices flowing again. So I thought I would post my "Teaser" Commercial idea for the new series....

ENJOY!!!

V/O Black Screen

BALLADEER

Do y'all remember Friday nights?

EXT. HAZZARD COUNTY - DAY

The GENERAL LEE jumps a dry creek bed.

BEAU DUKE (V.O)

YEEEEE-HAAAAA!

The HAZZARD COUNTY SHERIFF CAR tries to jump and smashes into the opposing bank. Sheriff Roscoe steps out of the vehicle, shaking his fist.

BALLADEER (V.O)

Ooh. Looks like more business for Cooter.

FADE OUT

V/O BLACK SCREEN

BALLADEER

Welcome back Y'all; to Hazzard County.

EXT. HAZZARD COUNTY SQUARE - DAY

LOW SWEEP

All is peaceful and quiet. The blast of the Dixie Horn fills the air. The GENERAL LEE 02 drifts around the corner being chased by a Hazzard County Sheriff's car.

The General Lee 02 speeds out of the town square still being chased.

BALLADEER

(Chuckles)

Y'all buckle up and hang on now, hear? The way I see it, the more things change, the more they stay the same...only in Hazzard County.

ANNOUNCER: The Dukes return Friday night at 8pm EST.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Hmmm. Now I have made several posts in other forums, but I wanted to re-post the bottom portion of this since it does relate to the idea of a new series.

Since we are talking about a remake, let's take a look at past remakes of favorite shows.

Battlestar Galactica: Awesome and lasted 3 years longer than the original!

The Bionic Woman: Flopped

Knight Rider: Flopped. Although I did like the last few episodes, once they closed the SSC, and it was just the 4 core actors, and the resurrection of FLAG. But too little, too late to save the show.

The Dukes of Hazzard 2005 and The Beginning: Flopped HARD

Now onto a new version of the Dukes. I believe that it should be a mix of the old cast and new characters, such as Beau and Luke's sons, or even (and I know I will get hate mail for this) Coy and Vance's son's. That way they can call Beau and Luke "Uncle". I really liked the Charlie Daniels idea for resurrecting Uncle Jesse.

As for a new car...Have you seen the new Dodge Challengers? (I know I'll get blasted for this too). But since the new Chargers look nothing like the original, I would be willing to see the new Challenger sit in.

Now I have written synopses for at least 13 episodes of this series, which I am calling "The Dukes". Of course if it ever got made it would probably change back to the original title. If anyone wants to read the synopses, send me a message.

Now on to the repost. I created a "teaser" screenplay, for a commercial to promote the new series. Here it is.

Hi All,

Don't know if you remember a while back I had posted that I was trying to work on a sequel series for the Dukes...Well a certain posting has got the creative juices flowing again. So I thought I would post my "Teaser" Commercial idea for the new series....

ENJOY!!!

V/O Black Screen

BALLADEER

Do y'all remember Friday nights?

EXT. HAZZARD COUNTY - DAY

The GENERAL LEE jumps a dry creek bed.

BEAU DUKE (V.O)

YEEEEE-HAAAAA!

The HAZZARD COUNTY SHERIFF CAR tries to jump and smashes into the opposing bank. Sheriff Roscoe steps out of the vehicle, shaking his fist.

BALLADEER (V.O)

Ooh. Looks like more business for Cooter.

FADE OUT

V/O BLACK SCREEN

BALLADEER

Welcome back Y'all; to Hazzard County.

EXT. HAZZARD COUNTY SQUARE - DAY

LOW SWEEP

All is peaceful and quiet. The blast of the Dixie Horn fills the air. The GENERAL LEE 02 drifts around the corner being chased by a Hazzard County Sheriff's car.

The General Lee 02 speeds out of the town square still being chased.

BALLADEER

(Chuckles)

Y'all buckle up and hang on now, hear? The way I see it, the more things change, the more they stay the same...only in Hazzard County.

ANNOUNCER: The Dukes return Friday night at 8pm EST.

Please let me know what you guys think.

the whole Bo and Luke and Coy and Vances son thing might work, but those new Dodge Challengers, NEVER! i hate those

your totally right

i really want to see them in concert and maybe even meet them. i almost did last summer. they came to a county fair not far from me. we were gonna go, but my dad had to work so we didn't get to. but they must have been good cause i went to the wal-mart near where they played like the week after they played, and their cd was sold out!!!!! so they got some new fans on that show.lol have you ever seen them?

i really want to see them in concert and maybe even meet them. i almost did last summer. they came to a county fair not far from me. we were gonna go, but my dad had to work so we didn't get to. but they must have been good cause i went to the wal-mart near where they played like the week after they played, and their cd was sold out!!!!! so they got some new fans on that show.lol have you ever seen them?

no, ive never seen a Lady A show

You hate the new challengers? Are you sure you don't mean the new chargers, cause they really don't look anything like the original.

The Challenger actually has a similar body shape to the original, just more streamlined...

Please clarify...If you so feel to, if not, that's fine too.

Thanks!

JD.

You hate the new challengers? Are you sure you don't mean the new chargers, cause they really don't look anything like the original.

The Challenger actually has a similar body shape to the original, just more streamlined...

Please clarify...If you so feel to, if not, that's fine too.

Thanks!

JD.

sorry, i meant the new Chargers, i really dont like the new Chargers, the Challengers are fine, the the new Chargers were built because people dont know that alot of people LOVE the original

I figured that is what you meant, because I abso-f***ing-lutely hate the new chargers. They look NOTHING like the original. It seems to be a track record with Dodge, cause the same thing happened when they introduced the Charger II in the 80's. It was like they were trying to copy those "gangster" style cars that came out a few years back by chevy (I think).

Thanks again for clearing that up...

JD Jr.

I figured that is what you meant, because I abso-f***ing-lutely hate the new chargers. They look NOTHING like the original. It seems to be a track record with Dodge, cause the same thing happened when they introduced the Charger II in the 80's. It was like they were trying to copy those "gangster" style cars that came out a few years back by chevy (I think).

Thanks again for clearing that up...

JD Jr.

its okay, and i agree with what ya said up there, of course i was born in 1995 and im 14 so i really dont know what the Charger II looks like, but i sure as heck know what the orginal Chargers look like

oh actually four

Daisy and Enos Story

Dukes meet the Clampetts

Outlaws of Driver

Me and Enos

stresfull alot, but I love it. Only wish I was a better song writer. all i regret. oh and btw I was going to surpprise you. I know I still need to do the other three pics i was talking bout, but I was maybe going to draw one of you me and Enos together. us and our man. lol

oh actually four

Daisy and Enos Story

Dukes meet the Clampetts

Outlaws of Driver

Me and Enos

stresfull alot, but I love it. Only wish I was a better song writer. all i regret. oh and btw I was going to surpprise you. I know I still need to do the other three pics i was talking bout, but I was maybe going to draw one of you me and Enos together. us and our man. lol

lol, so cool, youd have to send that to me!