Modern Version of Dukes of Hazzard

Julieduke

I've said this for years and I'll say it again. My personal view is yes. It would be nice to see a new Dukes of Hazzard but, and I say but... I would like it to have a mix of new and old cast. John himself is still young enough and so is Cathy even, that if they really wanted to do another TV gig they could. Tom could even be in on the project or maybe not at all depending on his attitude and take on it. Other cast members could be guest appearances but my idea is this, why can't they have a new Dukes that would still have the same action, but a little more home town family drama too it. Have the show focus on Bo and maybe Daisy. Daisy won't be the little girly sex symbol she was but an independant woman with a family and a job. Show the Duke family grown up and have an extension of their family, like children and give the kids some drama and action to do. Maybe Bo has a daughter in the show that is the sex symbol of the series. Maybe Daisy is married to Enos and they have some hunkie young boys. Maybe Daisy is a single parent? I would love to see that and see maybe Bo run the local race track or run the local Garage while Cooter is away helping to run the country. Maybe Bo's married or more likely maybe he's divorced or just a single parent too? Maybe Rosco's relative of some sort is the new law in town. These type of connections could lead into interesting story lines and give the opportunity for guest appearances if desired. Luke coming home at some point could be a good episode. There are a million ideas that people could come up with for a show that would work and would help tie things together to pull in new viewers as well as old. As much as I really don't care for Coy and Vance, I'd hate to say it but they might come in handy for family extension. It's just a thought.

There could be alot of car stunts as well and with the new affects they can do with TV these days, there can still be plenty of Hazzard action and probably on a smaller budget level. Seriously, if someone wanted to cash in on Hazzard again they could and they could make it a respectable series if they would consider the elements of ideas. The only thing though is most likely it will probably never happen, due to legal reasons and Hollywood's excuse of 'lack of interest', (even though we all know that last part is not true). So Julie I think that the idea of a new DOH show would be cool and it should be a little more angsty and maybe even family drama like, like Dawson's Creek, but still contain some of the major stunts and live action that made the show great in the first place, (plus having some orginal cast as well as new would help).

But, as great as all these ideas may seem, I feel that no one in the industry really wants to take up the Hazzard torch again, beings the two movies pretty much wrecked those hopes. The first movie I think did so much damage that the second wasn't going to be accepted even if the actors did Oscar winning performances. Which the second wasn't that bad in my mind. So sadly, no, I don't think Dukes of Hazzard will ever see the TV again, even in a new re-creation.

I agree that some of the cast is kind of old and wouldn't be into doing a TV series again maybe. However if they focused on one or two main characters and their respective families, such as Daisy, or Bo, they could then just have guest apperances by other old orginal cast if they want to.

What if they had John be Bo all grown and he Balladeer the show but also star in it? Like it focus on his work around Hazzard in a Mayberry kind of setting? Many of the people who grew up loving Dukes as kids are now grown up that it might be refreshing to have that kind of sitcom on again instead of reality TV junk.

I agree that some of the cast is kind of old and wouldn't be into doing a TV series again maybe. However if they focused on one or two main characters and their respective families, such as Daisy, or Bo, they could then just have guest apperances by other old orginal cast if they want to.

What if they had John be Bo all grown and he Balladeer the show but also star in it? Like it focus on his work around Hazzard in a Mayberry kind of setting? Many of the people who grew up loving Dukes as kids are now grown up that it might be refreshing to have that kind of sitcom on again instead of reality TV junk.

Too Much Realty= TMR. The game shows like Hole in The Wall our pretty funny thow. I like Dancing With The Stars that pretty good.

Y'alls ideas sound pretty good, though to be honest with you, if they did a modern television show of the Dukes, I can't see myself watching it or being a fan. Perhaps an episode or two to see what it is about and what they do with it, but that is about it. To me, nothing could ever match the original Dukes or the original characters...that was the real deal to me.

Roger that's exactly what I want as well. Happy endings are good but in some eps. they might have to have cliff hangers.

But yes all of it could be done and done right. The question is would anyone be willing to fund such a project and would enough of the orginal cast be able to be involve at one point or another.

Roger that's exactly what I want as well. Happy endings are good but in some eps. they might have to have cliff hangers.

But yes all of it could be done and done right. The question is would anyone be willing to fund such a project and would enough of the orginal cast be able to be involve at one point or another.

I agree 100% with that Val

This has been addressed before.One huge problem.Where are you gonna find 69 Chargers? There aren't enough to do a weekly series with the amount of stunts everyone expects to see.CGI? There goes your low budget.Miniatures? Looks too fake but low budget.Change the car to a newer car or introduce a new car with a different name? Won't watch it period doomed for failure. Every Knight Rider fan I've spoken to hates the new KITT so a new General won't work.Even with a new car it will be a huge budget.So I don't see it happening.

This has been addressed before.One huge problem.Where are you gonna find 69 Chargers? There aren't enough to do a weekly series with the amount of stunts everyone expects to see.CGI? There goes your low budget.Miniatures? Looks too fake but low budget.Change the car to a newer car or introduce a new car with a different name? Won't watch it period doomed for failure. Every Knight Rider fan I've spoken to hates the new KITT so a new General won't work.Even with a new car it will be a huge budget.So I don't see it happening.

Tim, as much as I want to pummel you right now for being a 'Debbie Downer', I have to admit you are right. However, as a fan, don't you ever think about the possibility of 'what if'? Yes, we have addressed this issue before but as a fan, it never seems like a dull subject to speculate about. Have you ever seen 'Field of Dreams', 'Build it and they will come'?

As a fan of anything you kind of have to squawk about what you like in order to get what you want or even have a remote possibility to even maybe, just maybe, someday someone someplace might be watching and paying attention and say, 'Hey, maybe that just might work‘. Sure it's a half baked idea but it just might work!' Believe me there are worse things on television than the remake of Knight Rider.

Tim, as much as I want to pummel you right now for being a 'Debbie Downer', I have to admit you are right. However, as a fan, don't you ever think about the possibility of 'what if'? Yes, we have addressed this issue before but as a fan, it never seems like a dull subject to speculate about. Have you ever seen 'Field of Dreams', 'Build it and they will come'?

As a fan of anything you kind of have to squawk about what you like in order to get what you want or even have a remote possibility to even maybe, just maybe, someday someone someplace might be watching and paying attention and say, 'Hey, maybe that just might work‘. Sure it's a half baked idea but it just might work!' Believe me there are worse things on television than the remake of Knight Rider.

Hey, I like the remake of Knight Rider it's cool.

Ok here is another hypothetical question. Say WB would have settled things with John and Tom before it got to the point of them leaving the show and there would have been no Coy and Vance. How many seasons do you think it may have added to the longevity of the series even with them using miniatures for jumps? I mean the ratings would have never dropped as radically as they did when they left. We all know cars and scripts were being prepared for a 8th season as it was. I believe it would have lasted 9 possibly 10 seasons.

Ok here is another hypothetical question. Say WB would have settled things with John and Tom before it got to the point of them leaving the show and there would have been no Coy and Vance. How many seasons do you think it may have added to the longevity of the series even with them using miniatures for jumps? I mean the ratings would have never dropped as radically as they did when they left. We all know cars and scripts were being prepared for a 8th season as it was. I believe it would have lasted 9 possibly 10 seasons.

That is a good question right there and Smallville's original plan was only seven seasons and now it's in the 8th season right now. But, you know it sees to lost it's spark at least to me it has they need to jazz it up right now.

• 3 months later...

ya know, ive been thinking about this idea a lot lately. i honestly think it could work with a lot of your ideas. Now the problem with the car they could always throwback to the old origins episode where all they had was the engine and they just had to find the right car to put it in. Maybe use that idea again with the same engine but find a different car, maybe something a little new, a little modern but something that would remind us of the 69 charger. I dont know just a thought.

• 4 months later...

Anybody have a thoughht on who you would cast for a new Dukes of Hazzard series? Really hard for me to think who, but (Okay i know she ain't a blonde but at least she'd fit the role better than Jessica) Miranda Lambert for Daisy her boyfriend Blake Shelton for Luke and Dierks Bently for Bo don't know bout for Uncle Jesse tho. Who do y'all think they should Cast for a new series

Anybody have a thoughht on who you would cast for a new Dukes of Hazzard series? Really hard for me to think who, but (Okay i know she ain't a blonde but at least she'd fit the role better than Jessica) Miranda Lambert for Daisy her boyfriend Blake Shelton for Luke and Dierks Bently for Bo don't know bout for Uncle Jesse tho. Who do y'all think they should Cast for a new series

that would be cool

hey use Charley Daniels as Uncle Jesse!

lol so true, but if she happened to be dating Dierks stead of Blake . . . who knows. i remember once . . .somebody has it on their sig here

Bo: Daisy Duke if we wasn't cousins i'd marry you

Daisy: ain't never stopped anybody in our family before

who knows i'm working on a like modern day Dukes Hazzard kinda thing and vice versa for Beverly Hillbillies . . .imagine Jed and them today . . .all the things they wouldn't have heard of

lol so true, but if she happened to be dating Dierks stead of Blake . . . who knows. i remember once . . .somebody has it on their sig here

Bo: Daisy Duke if we wasn't cousins i'd marry you

Daisy: ain't never stopped anybody in our family before

who knows i'm working on a like modern day Dukes Hazzard kinda thing and vice versa for Beverly Hillbillies . . .imagine Jed and them today . . .all the things they wouldn't have heard of

thats funny, but i dont think Miranda and Dierks could work out

i like Miranda and Blake better as a couple