Smokey And The Bandit

Capt_Redneck

• 2 months later...

I just bought the Pursuit pack on DVD. After finally being able to watch Smokey 1 in its entirety, I haven't stopped giggling, or be able to drive "Eastbound and Down" from my head for days. Buford T. Justice is a riot.

Junior: "Daddy, my hat blew off."

Buford: "I hope your goddam head was in it!!"

The finale where just about every police car in Georgia is trashed is classic.

• 1 month later...

Smokey and the Bandit ROCKS! It's definetly my new favorite. The first one is by far the best of the three. The third one just sucks big time, it was a waste of film. And I love the Cars Vs. Trucks scene in the second one. When all of the "county mounties, and mountie mounties" cars get trashed by the convoy of trucks! It's just fun fun fun!!!!

Smokey and the Bandit ROCKS! It's definetly my new favorite. The first one is by far the best of the three. The third one just sucks big time, it was a waste of film. And I love the Cars Vs. Trucks scene in the second one. When all of the "county mounties, and mountie mounties" cars get trashed by the convoy of trucks! It's just fun fun fun!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The third one is like I said a waste of film! I love the snowman and Fred, it just ain't the same without them! I think they either shounldn't have bothered filming it or waited til Burt was back. But I love the first one! I'm I going crazy or did I here somewhere that they were gonna remake Smokey and the Bandit as well? I know the Road Hammers are making a new vid to go with their version of East Bound and Down, I can't wait to see that! And If ya don't know who the Road Hammers are, well you can ask me!

Well I', gone!

The third one is like I said a waste of film! I love the snowman and Fred, it just ain't the same without them! I think they either shounldn't have bothered filming it or waited til Burt was back. But I love the first one! I'm I going crazy or did I here somewhere that they were gonna remake Smokey and the Bandit as well? I know the Road Hammers are making a new vid to go with their version of East Bound and Down, I can't wait to see that! And If ya don't know who the Road Hammers are, well you can ask me!

Well I', gone!

Pat McCormick who played "Big" Enos Burdette has passed away....Sad news ya'll....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050731/ap_en_tv/obit_mccormick_2

'Tonight Show' Comic Pat McCormick Dies Sat Jul 30,10:57 PM ET

Pat McCormick, a walrus-mustachioed comedy writer for Phyllis Diller, Red Skelton and others who also appeared on "The Tonight Show" and had a role in three "Smokey and the Bandit" movies, has died. He was 78.

McCormick died Friday at the Motion Picture and Television Fund's hospital in Woodland Hills, spokeswoman Jennifer Fagen said Saturday.

He was admitted to the facility in 1998 after a stroke left him partially paralyzed.

McCormick dropped out of Harvard Law School to pursue advertising work in New York but abandoned that career when he began earning money writing jokes for television and nightclub performers.

McCormick eventually became a writer for "The Jack Paar Show." Over a five-decade career, he wrote for the 1960s comedy series "Get Smart" and "The Danny Kaye Show." He also wrote and appeared on "Candid Camera" and was an announcer and straight man on Don Rickles' short-lived TV variety show in 1968.

He was a regular on "The New Bill Cosby Show" in 1972.

McCormick wrote for and made scores of appearances on "The Tonight Show." He played characters in sketches, dressing up as turkeys, squirrels and the shark from "Jaws." In one 1974 show, he streaked naked across the stage behind Carson during the opening monologue.

McCormick, who was more than 6 1/2 feet tall and weighed more than 200 pounds, also appeared in small roles in movies. He played Big Enos in the 1977 movie "Smokey and the Bandit" and two sequels.

Pat McCormick who played "Big" Enos Burdette has passed away....Sad news ya'll....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050731/ap_en_tv/obit_mccormick_2

'Tonight Show' Comic Pat McCormick Dies Sat Jul 30,10:57 PM ET

Pat McCormick, a walrus-mustachioed comedy writer for Phyllis Diller, Red Skelton and others who also appeared on "The Tonight Show" and had a role in three "Smokey and the Bandit" movies, has died. He was 78.

McCormick died Friday at the Motion Picture and Television Fund's hospital in Woodland Hills, spokeswoman Jennifer Fagen said Saturday.

He was admitted to the facility in 1998 after a stroke left him partially paralyzed.

McCormick dropped out of Harvard Law School to pursue advertising work in New York but abandoned that career when he began earning money writing jokes for television and nightclub performers.

McCormick eventually became a writer for "The Jack Paar Show." Over a five-decade career, he wrote for the 1960s comedy series "Get Smart" and "The Danny Kaye Show." He also wrote and appeared on "Candid Camera" and was an announcer and straight man on Don Rickles' short-lived TV variety show in 1968.

He was a regular on "The New Bill Cosby Show" in 1972.

McCormick wrote for and made scores of appearances on "The Tonight Show." He played characters in sketches, dressing up as turkeys, squirrels and the shark from "Jaws." In one 1974 show, he streaked naked across the stage behind Carson during the opening monologue.

McCormick, who was more than 6 1/2 feet tall and weighed more than 200 pounds, also appeared in small roles in movies. He played Big Enos in the 1977 movie "Smokey and the Bandit" and two sequels.