Smokey And The Bandit

Capt_Redneck

Jr. Justice:"Im as confused as a baby raccoon!" Sheriff Buford T. Justice:"I don't know where the hell we are." Jr. Justice:"It's right here on the map daddy." Sheriff Buford T. Justice:"Get that d*** thing outta my face!" Jr. Justice:"I was only trying to help." Sheriff Buford T. Justice:"You wanna help? Jump out the window."

Jr. Justice:“What’s the matter daddy?”
Sheriff Buford T. Justice:“GAS!” 
Jr. Justice:“Ah it must be the pizza you had for lunch.” Sheriff Buford T. Justice:"Not my belly the tank. Didn't you fill it up?"
Jr. Justice:"Well I thought that-..."
Sheriff Buford T. Justice:"You thought? What the h*** did you use?"

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all Fakebook is getting so RIDICULOUS! Take a gander at this! They're trying to get the forum Everything Smokey and the Bandit shut down! Can y'all believe this!?

Hello Awesome Members of ESATB! 

PLEASE READ!

We have been working diligently behind the scenes for this group since 2018 and are about to embark on an awesome announcement that will more likely make all of you have a 10-200! 

Just as we were about to make this fun and exciting announcement today, we received a very concerning warning from Facebook(see below picture). 

We are currently attempting to file an appeal with Facebook on behalf of all of you. Please support our effort with a simple . Because of you, this group has become one of the fastest growing, largest volume groups on this platform. Unfortunately, Facebook is attempting to restrict posts up to and including shutting us down. 

We understand that you are only quoting the script from the best movie that ever hit the big screen. However, it seems at this point, Facebook staff is attempting to shut the door on the group. So....At this time, we are shifting gears, taking a “pause” from announcing what is coming, and our focus at this time will be 100% effort keeping this group up and running. 

Stay tuned!

Thank you,
Admin & ESATB

RARE Smokey & the Bandit photos: bit.ly/2Z9NxyR
85 years ago today, the late, great JERRY REED was born. He was an American country music singer, guitarist, composer, and songwriter, as well as an actor who appeared in more than a dozen films. His signature songs included "Guitar Man", "U.S. Male", "A Thing Called Love", "Alabama Wild Man", "Amos Moses", "When You're Hot, You're Hot" (which garnered a Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Performance, Male), "Ko-Ko Joe", "Lord, Mr. Ford", "East Bound and Down" (the theme song for the 1977 blockbuster Smokey and the Bandit, in which Reed co-starred), "The Bird", and "She Got the Goldmine (I Got the Shaft)". Reed was inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum. Reed was announced as an inductee into the Country Music Hall of Fame on April 5, 2017, and was officially inducted by Bobby Bare on October 24.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bandit:"I'll need a speedy car. You know to run blocker for the truck." Little Enos gives Bandit money. Bandit:"Speedier." Little Enos gives Bandit more money. Bandit:"Speedier than that." Little Enos:(Whiney like horse.)"I'd like to kick his a** just once." Bandit:"You can't kick that high, cricket crotch."

Jr. Justice:"Gee daddy, now that you finally caught the bandit you can really retire. You can go back to Florida and collect your seashells and play shuffleboard. We can even go see that big funny whale jump again. But most and best of all daddy, I'll take you fishing."

(Buford to Bandit):"I'll give you a 5 minute head start."

4 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Bandit:"I'll need a speedy car. You know to run blocker for the truck." Little Enos gives Bandit money. Bandit:"Speedier." Little Enos gives Bandit more money. Bandit:"Speedier than that." Little Enos:(Whiney like horse.)"I'd like to kick his a** just once." Bandit:"You can't kick that high, cricket crotch."

On 1/24/2022 at 10:33 PM, HossC said:

Can you either make your quotes accurate or make it clear that you're paraphrasing?

This time you've not only misquoted, but also mixed up scenes from two different movies!

The first part is from near the start of the first movie when Big and Little Enos make the bet with Bandit at the Roadeo.

Bandit: "Well, let's see, there's 400 cases of beer. I'll need the cash for that."
Big Enos: "No problem, go ahead boy."
[Little Enos starts counting out money]
Bandit: "New car, I got to have a new car to block for the truck, you know."
Big Enos: "OK, go ahead boy."
[Little Enos counts out more money]
Little Enos: "I'd like to kick his ass just once."
Bandit: "Speedy car."
Bandit: "Speedier than that."
[Little Enos looks at Big Enos]
Big Enos: "Go ahead."
[Little Enos whinnies like a horse]

The second part is from the third movie, SATB III. The exchange doesn't even involve Bandit - it's between Little Enos and Buford.

Little Enos: "I'd like to kick your ass."
Buford T. Justice: "You can't kick that high, cricket crotch."

Can I suggest that you re-watch the movies before posting quotes?

Also, we get that you don't like Facebook. You've made at least four posts on the subject in the last 24 hours, and also previously in this thread. Facebook is what it is - it's not going to change. If you're unhappy with it, stop using it. You don't need to make regular multiple gripes about it here.

4 hours ago, HossC said:

This time you've not only misquoted, but also mixed up scenes from two different movies!

The first part is from near the start of the first movie when Big and Little Enos make the bet with Bandit at the Roadeo.

Bandit: "Well, let's see, there's 400 cases of beer. I'll need the cash for that."

The second part is from the third movie, SATB III. The exchange doesn't even involve Bandit - it's between Little Enos and Buford.

Also, we get that you don't like Facebook. You've made at least four posts on the subject in the last 24 hours, and also previously in this thread. Facebook is what it is - it's not going to change. If you're unhappy with it, stop using it. You don't need to make regular multiple gripes about it here.

Cousin HossC... Yer right it unfortunately will stay how it is over there. Sad that they're unfair. But true.

12 hours ago, HossC said:

Cousin HossC... I made up my mind. I will stop using Facebook for certain things. ;)

• 8 months later...

I am brave! I have eaten the Smokey and the Bandit Jackie Gleason (Sheriff Buford T. Justice) meal of Diablo Sandwich 4 times now. 3 times sandwich only. 4th time the complete meal sandwich and Dr. Pepper with it. My mom tried it in the Slider version. She said "To hot for me Bobby." The 1st 3 times I ate it, my nose ran after I finished it. I see why he ordered a drink with it. To help cool it off. So hot. That's why while eating, he patted himself on the chest and went "Whoa!"

:previous:

Until I just googled it, I didn't realize that the Diablo Sandwich probably originated in Smokey and the Bandit (I assumed it preceded the movie). Apparently, Jackie Gleason improvised a lot of that scene. There's an article about the Diablo Sandwich here. It mentions that while the Old Hickory House at Forrest Park (as seen in the movie) closed years ago, there is still one in Tucker, GA. While a couple of cheeseburgers and a glass of iced tea cost the Bandit "dollar and a half" in 1977, the cheeseburgers are now $6.29 each with a tea at $3.58 (that's $16.16). The Diablo Sandwich is $6.99. The Old Hickory House website is here.

• 2 weeks later...