1. 1. Is it the last Dukesfest???

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • I hope not!
    • No it is a tradition!

• 4 months later...
I have heard a few things like that was the last dukesfest. Was it? :confused:

I so hope it was not the last Dukesfest because I am saving up a next years!! I want autographs:-P!! So is it the last Dukesfest???? I don't know lets wait and see what ya'll think.:innocent:

I just came upon a site where Ben Jones will be the host fo the Dufest 2009 in Nashville, here are the details...;

DukesFest Brings Dukes of Hazzard to Nashville in June

Return to Index

Millennium Maxwell House

Previous Image Next Image

Millennium Maxwell House

Millennium Maxwell House

The original building survived the Civil War, but later burned down. The current Maxwell was built on a different site in order to continue the gracious style of Southern living.

Don your daisy dukes and get ready to head back into Hazzard County with the DukesFest at the Music City Motorplex in Nashville. This exciting event, developed by Ben Jones, who played the likable Hazzard County mechanic Cooter on the original television show the Dukes of Hazzard, is making its debut in Nashville during the kick-off weekend for the CMT Music Festival.

Events scheduled at DukesFest include special appearances and autograph sessions with the stars, stunt shows, car showcases, live music, and more. Fans of the show will delight in seeing the parade of nearly 100 blazing orange General Lees circling the track at the Music City Motorplex, and can expect to enjoy appearances by original cast members, including:

* Tom Wopat (Luke Duke)

* John Schneider (Bo Duke)

* Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke)

* Ben Jones (Cooter)

* James Best (Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane)

* Sonny Shroyer (Deputy Enos Strate)

* Rick Hurst (Deputy Cletus Hogg)

Original stunt coordinators will also offer incredible stunt shows as you watch the General Lee soaring through the air - and, inevitably, crashing into the ground at breakneck speeds. Live music and great food will also add to the festival atmosphere of DukesFest. All the little dukes will also have plenty of fun at the festival with a special children's area that features games and activities, Hazzard County-style.

The event is scheduled for the weekend of June 3-4 at the Music City Motorplex. For great lodging at DukesFest, try one of the following hotels near the Music City Motorplex:

Hmmmm be careful what you believe...for one I doubt highly Tom Wopat would be attending - he said in a recent interview that the only reason he went to 08 was for John as it was his first Dukesfest, and for two Alma and Ben retired from doing Dukesfest which is why they passed it over to John and Elly...

Got a link to where you found this info? Oh and also, June 3rd and 4th this year is not a weekend its a wednesday and thursday

Hmmmm be careful what you believe...for one I doubt highly Tom Wopat would be attending - he said in a recent interview that the only reason he went to 08 was for John as it was his first Dukesfest, and for two Alma and Ben retired from doing Dukesfest which is why they passed it over to John and Elly...

Got a link to where you found this info? Oh and also, June 3rd and 4th this year is not a weekend its a wednesday and thursday

That sounds like it's an old announcement for a previous DukesFest. Also, '08 was not Tom's first DukesFest. I'm pretty sure he was at DukesFest 2006.

That sounds like it's an old announcement for a previous DukesFest. Also, '08 was not Tom's first DukesFest. I'm pretty sure he was at DukesFest 2006.

I also found this ....

VACATIONS MADE EASY : DESTINATIONS : GATLINBURG AREA : EVENT CALENDAR

CMT Dukesfest in Gatlinburg, TN

Held at Cooter's Place and General Store in Gatlinburg, TN the Dukesfest Festival is a favorite not only for crashing cars and spotting Daisy Dukes, but for helping terminally ill children as well.

With gate proceeds going towards Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, visitors can see that the folks throwing this wild event don't care about the money- only meeting up with fans and former cast mates.

A demolition derby is just one highlight of Dukesfest, especially considering the 200 General Lees that can be spotted lining the parking lot.

Other attractions to this event include performances by hit country artists, lawnmower racing, jumps, and meeting cast members.

When:

* June 6, 2009 - June 7, 2009

* June 7, 2009 - June 8, 2009

* June 5, 2010 - June 6, 2010

* June 4, 2011 - June 5, 2011

Points of Interest

Cooter's Place Museum & General Store in Gatlinburg, TN

Dukes of Hazzard fans will find an incredible collection of memorabilia at Cooter's Garage Museum in Gatlinburg.

yep, for more details on why dukefan, look on the Dukesfest 2009 thread. Its all been discussed.

I know, but the more I look it up, the more things I dfind for the dukefest 2009

Latest News

Subscribe to Nashville Business Journal Subscribe to Nashville Business Journal

Nashville > News > Industries > Media & Marketing

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Motorplex to host Dukes of Hazzard festival

Nashville Business Journal

* Print

* Email

* Reprints

* RSS Feeds

* Add to Del.icio.us

* Digg This

Comments

Other Matching Articles for

"the dukes of hazzard festival 2009"

* Scoops: Who's moving, buying, opening, changing, winning [11/28/2008]

* Slashed film incentives send production crew to Michigan [08/08/2008]

* > More Search Results

CMT DukeFest, an annual celebration for fans of "The Dukes of Hazzard" television show, will be held in Nashville this June.

Actor Ben Jones, who portrayed Hazzard County mechanic Cooter in the 1980s hit TV series, and his wife Alma produce the annual event. Last year, the festival reportedly attracted 40,000 people to the Bristol Motor Speedway.

Re-runs of the TV show are now shown on Nashville-based country music network CMT, which is owned by MTV Networks.

The event in Nashville will be held June 3-4 at the Music City Motorplex at the Fairgrounds. In a release announcing the event, Jones said actors John Schneider (Bo), Tom Wopat (Luke), Catherine Bach (Daisy), James Best (Rosco), Sonny Shroyer (Enos), and Rick Hurst (Cletus) are planning to attend.

In addition to personal appearances from the stars of the show, the event will showcase car stunt demonstrations and more than 100 replicas of the General Lee - the orange, Confederate Flag-topped 1969 Dodge Charger featured in the series.

Last July, Jones and his wife opened Cooter's Place, a gift shop and museum featuring Dukes memorabilia in Music Valley Village near the Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center.

Here is what is referred to:

http://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/GatlinburgPigeonForgeAreaTN/eventCalendar/CMTDukesfestinGatlinburgTN.cfm

It is about CMT's Dukesfest in Gatlinburg back in 06...showcasing Dukesfest as a reason to visit.

No official Dukesfest this year...unless some of the car owners get together and cruise to the brand new Cooter's place opening up in Branson. I think that is as close as it'll get.