so here's what I do

artykidd

Hey artykidd!

WOW! Those are very good! I really like the paintings of the wildlife. Are those from photos, or did you create those off hand? I don't know how you can do that! It's amazing! They are really great! Looking at those pictures done brightened my day :D

Again, those are really wonderful. I wish I had some talent like that! If I tried painting the only thing I'd end up with is a big mess!

Anyway, I really enjoyed looking at those. You really have a wonderful talent!

Can't wait to see those other pictures you didn't post yet :)

General Grant

Hey artykidd, nice art work!!!

I see you have a little in common with Hazzard's two lawmen.

You live on the Georgia-Florida line like Sonny Shroyer (Valdosta Ga)

And you paint like James Best....I guess you're the new Artie Bender of the Hazzardnet. (Did you ever see James Best's work on "Dead and Alive"?)

And you paint like James Best....I guess you're the new Artie Bender of the Hazzardnet. (Did you ever see James Best's work on "Dead and Alive"?)

I actually met James Best once when I was a kid. He was a really nice man and Sonny Shroyer is as well. He came into Walt's BarBQue in Palatka once. Nice guy.

I met Waylon Jennings while on a youth trip to Gatlinburg. We (me and dad) were in this pancake house and it was full, no empty tables. Waylong jennings and his family were waiting on a table so we said they could sit with us since we were almost done. We finished our pancakes told them to have a nice day and headed out.

Honestly, I have to laugh about having things in common with the Dukes. My last name is 'Lee' and my husband shares the same family tree as the famous General.

• 3 months later...

Just an update folks.

I managed to secure two months of display time at a gallery in an art supply store. ON the plus side, the art supply store is in a higher end neighborhood of Jacksonville. I SOLD the bear painting. I was told my painting was the first one to sell in over six months so I was psyched to hear about that.

• 4 weeks later...

wow those are REALLY good. much better than i could ever hope to do. haha. and congrats on the first sale in 6 months. =]]]

and i wish we had someone that good to teach art at our school. we r losing our art teacher next year and they don't know if they're gonna be able to find another one as good as her or if we r gonna be able to even afford to keep art at our new school next year. i don't take art but if we had someone good teaching it i might consider it.lol

Thanks for all the comments ya'll. I did sell another one. Someone actually bought it while I was at the gallery on a field trip with my advanced students. It was pretty cool.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/Artykidd/my%20artwork/?action=organize

Here's the link to my album with most of my work. I marked the one's that I've sold during this gallery showing.

• 12 years later...
On 8/20/2008 at 10:14 PM, RogerDuke said:

Yes Cousin Roger Duke... That work Artie did was actually Rosco's. :)