We've All Got To Grow Up Sometime

runningwild

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enos lose himself in Daisy's eyes, which was what he had yet to do since she had arrived. The old Enos would have fallen in love with her all over again, but it took him a moment to gather himself.

"I guess you're right Daisy," he offered her a smile. "I'll come in for a spell, then I'll leave soon after dinner." To him, his answer seemed good enough, and he took steps toward the house. "Thanks for being so understanding Daisy. I need this."

Daisy smiled happily as Enos finally gave in, following him inside to where everyone else had gone, keeping a hand resting on his back.

\"Its ok....its been so long since i\'ve seen you that\'s all...I just dont want to waste what time we have together before we all split up again...and I dont want this time to be so marred with conflict either...I miss Hazzard, I miss everyone...I dont want my memories of these next few days to be bad ones...\"

Bo smiled as he saw his little boy sitting in bed, going over to him and sitting next to him.

\"Well hey there sprout...you awake already huh?\"

TJ was full of sleepy sweetness as he nodded. His thumb still in his mouth, he crawled over to his Daddy\'s lap, sure of getting the hugs and cuddles he craved.

Bo smiled gently and happily took his baby boy into his lap. He loved spending time with TJ...he was away from him so often it was reassuring to know that TJ still loved him, still knew him as his daddy. He often worried that TJ would eventually take Luke over him as his father...and in all honesty he wouldn\'t blame his little boy if he did.. Luke was around him way more than Bo was and helped him a great deal more. So far though, that hadn\'t happened and Bo prayed each night that it never would. If he could give up his job, he would in a heartbeat...but not only was it something he loved, something he had always dreamed of doing, but it also paid the families way...not just his but Luke\'s as well and they just couldn\'t afford for him to up and quit...not yet anyway.

Cuddling TJ close, he smiled gently and rubbed his back.

\"Did you have a good nap TJ?\"

Another smile struck Enos, "Well Daisy, you know that I wouldn't want to do that for you. I promise that the next few days will be nothing but good memories for you."

They were a foot from the door, and Enos was a little uneasy to enter the house, so he opened the screen door for Daisy, "After you." Enos Strate was a gentleman if there ever was one.

Daisy smiled up at him, glad to see that no matter who gave him grief he always continued on in his polite and ever respectful manner. It was something she had always admired in the law man, no matter how many times Rosco and Boss put him down he still respected them, still looked out for them and even defended them if needs be. He never really held a grudge...he was just an all around good guy...even that time when Luke had ingested some personality altering drug and said some horrible things...even then Enos had considered the fact there must be something wrong with Luke. Much like Bo, he saw the good in everyone...but what made Enos different was the fact that for him, the good greatly outweighed the bad.

\"Thank ya Enos...\"

Quietly she stepped inside the house, smiling to Sammy as she saw her head to start dinner, noting that the boys weren\'t anywhere to be seen. By her guess, either Luke was with Bo talking to him or if the boys weren\'t together, they were looking after their kids. Turning back to Enos, she asked joyously.

\"So, anything you\'d like to request for tonight? I\'ll help Sammy and between us I think we can manage one of everyone\'s favourites don\'t ya think Sammy?\"

Sammy looked up with a smile and a nod.

\"Sure can. may have to go get some ingrediants but it wouldn\'t be any trouble.\"

TJ nodded cuddling more into his daddy's lap, revelling in the affection, just like his daddy did at that age. "Wove daddy," he murmured yawning and rubbing his eyes.

Luke meantime had again decided to go look in on Abi. Sometimes he just couldn't look at her long enough. She was a beautiful child; no one could deny that. At first look, she seemed to take after her daddy from the dimple in her chin to the dark curls encircling her head like a veil. But, to Luke, she looked more like Sara every day. Quietly he stroked her cheek with his hand, well-calloused from the farm work he did. "Love you Princess," he whispered softly.

TJ sucked his thumb earnestly, his little mind deep in concentration.

Luke smiled down at his daughter, a tenderness there that made him seem far away from the wilder days of his youth. He had never been as wreckless as Bo, but now, he not only was older and wiser, but his heart had grown more tender. And every so often, especially with his little girl, he wore his heart on his sleeve much like his cousin Bo did.