General Lee

yeehadukes

Hate to tell you but if that person claimed that car was used on TV they lied.To my knowledge NONE of the TV series cars had the Charger emblem on the sail panel unless he added it. Also the General Lee text on the roof is also wrong.If you can supply more pics I can tell for absolute positive. Another flaw is the white letters tires none of the TV series cars had white letters exposed they were turned in so you couldn't see them.

The "G" has that extra drop down piece where it starts to curve up. That shouldn't be there. I can tell those are Phoenix graphics. IF this is a true TV series car it has totally been re-done which ruined any historical value it had. But I'm 99.9% sure this isn't a TV show survivor. Another little detail it has the fender antenna most were removed and filled in on the show.

• 2 weeks later...
Hate to tell you but if that person claimed that car was used on TV they lied.To my knowledge NONE of the TV series cars had the Charger emblem on the sail panel unless he added it. Also the General Lee text on the roof is also wrong.If you can supply more pics I can tell for absolute positive. Another flaw is the white letters tires none of the TV series cars had white letters exposed they were turned in so you couldn't see them.

Say, you are good. LOL You could teach that fellow a thing or two about the General.

Either way I noticed the car has the door lock thingy too. John said that they removed it for filming when Tom cut his back on it.

Maybe the fellow made the modifications during restoration of the car. He put back all that was missing. Although from what I hear not a lot Generals survived after the show.

That said, the car still looks very very nice

I still don't think it was from the show. Where was this taken? I mean what state. As said before IF this is indeed a TV series survivor it has been restored and things added to it. Therefore as I said it has lost ANY historical value it had and is ruined in my opinion. If I had a TV series survivor it wouldn't be touched outside of maybe buffing the original WB paint. Yeehaw is that the only photo you took? I'm not convinced until I see more pics.I'm not taking someones word for it.The door lock knob was a good spot too those were removed as per your explanation. Also a question was this car advertised as being there or did it just show up?

Nope can't tell from those either other than it is a true 69. It has the reverse lights in the lower valance, however most of those were covered over or filled over on the TV series to make them all look uniform because 68's didn't have them and they converted many 68's. My guess is he mispoke and meant it was from the 05 MOVIE. I might believe it was a movie survivor but there is a TON of difference between a movie survivor and a TV survivor. I don't see any padding on the roll bar either another flaw in the slaw.

Perhaps it is the movie General! That would explain the G. Looks like the same lettering to me.

I'm no car expert but I am enjoying this thread. Or should I say this investigation. LOL I love a good "mystery"

I have a question for our resident experts, did Bo ever drive a general with a black steering wheel? I thought it was dark tan like John's General.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

yes john drove a general but I think the steering wheel was blue very first episode one armed bandits when bo and luke pull over to wait for the fertilizer truck you can also notice that it has no back seat it is an actual stunt car. In episode two when bo luke and daisy are outfront of the recording studio notice that there is no roll bars in the general. And I would have to agree I dont think that is an tv original the interior looks way to nice unless it has been redone, but like tim said that takes away from the history and the value. I just ran across a webpage that has all of the surviving lees from the tv shows owners I will try to find it again and post it.

• 13 years later...
On 7/15/2008 at 2:25 PM, yeehadukes said:

Guess what, I went to something called crate day, and this guy came with his General Lee, and it was an original. one of the ones from the show. here is a pic

http://i37.tinypic.com/10die7t.jpg

post-5622-143050809536_thumb.jpg

Hate to burst bubbles... But it looks like a 2005 movie remake version car.

:previous:

TimDuke beat you to that conclusion by 14 years!

On 8/7/2008 at 8:02 PM, TimDuke said:

Nope can't tell from those either other than it is a true 69. It has the reverse lights in the lower valance, however most of those were covered over or filled over on the TV series to make them all look uniform because 68's didn't have them and they converted many 68's. My guess is he mispoke and meant it was from the 05 MOVIE. I might believe it was a movie survivor but there is a TON of difference between a movie survivor and a TV survivor. I don't see any padding on the roll bar either another flaw in the slaw.

On 8/16/2008 at 3:44 PM, RogerDuke said:

I just got done watching Jewel's video "I Do"

It features a 1969 Dodge Charger. It's light yellow with a black top. It's a hot car but it could use a paint job...preferably orange. All you Charger fans, check out this video!!! It's on CMT.

Here's the video, Roger. It looks like she's driving a '79 or '80 Trans Am which could also do with some new paint.