Do Background Extras Ever Pop Up?

Has anyone ever run into online, or offline a 'background extra' from The Dukes of Hazzard TV Series?.... I mean, If I had played a background extra on even one single episode you can damn sure bet I would be telling people about it all these years later.

Of course, some of those ppl were background extras on alot of other shows prolly you can imagine possibly. So maybe it was not really a big big deal to them just another job. But... surely somebody somewhere has to boast about being a background extra on the show from time to time...... ?

That's a good question TXZ. Hopefully the moderators will see this thread. I bet they'll know.

We had a guy last year post a comment to one of my trivia questions. He claimed that he was Jim Bronke. His name appeared as an attorney on the sign in front of the Hazzard County Courthouse and was clearly readable on dozens of episodes. (I suspect he googled his name and Hazzardnet popped up). I'm not sure if it really was him or not but he told a pretty convincing story about how one of the stagehands used his name for the sign because they were friends. I responded but he he never logged on again.

Of course that's different because he wasn't really on the show.

I see your point. You'd think of the thousands of extras that appeared in 7 years that one of them would have been a big enough fan to post something here. Like you said, it was probably just a job to most of them though. Maybe some of them view Hazzardnet but don't register to post stuff because they think we wouldn't believe them anyway.

I sure wish I could have been an extra.....It would have been fun to be one of the guys fishing when the General jumped over him. I know, I know, that's probably a stuntman and not an extra....oh well, ya can't blame a guy for dreaming.

Hey thanks for the reply. I hope this topic generates possible replies from actual background extras who did appear on the show. Alot of them are out there prolly just thinking no'one would care, or believe them like you said. But, it would be really great to carry a ongoing conversation with any single one of them, here or in private.... preferably here so all Dukes fans could get a pull off of their 'experience'.