Hazzard County Wild Turkey Shoot - November 18 2007

MaryAnne

We sure got a lot of them here in the backwoods of Pennsylvania. When I was a kid if you saw one wild turkey you would talk about it for weeks. Now if you see a whole flock you don't even look twice. Happy Thanksgiving. (my apologies to our European Dukes cousins who don't celebrate it) I'm gone. Now, where'd I put them shotgun shells?

*Pulls out clipboard and hangs the signup sheet on the wall*

I have no turkeys signed up yet but we can do sign up today and shoot all day tomorrow.

I was thinking about tomorrow night having it in the chatroom but I just found out I have a meeting I have to attend from 7:30pm till 12am EST tomorrow. I tell ya, when deer season gets over with the better for me.

So who ever wants to be a turkey, sign up as turkey. Whoever wants to be hunter, sign up as hunter.

Votes for our 'turkey' will be accepted and counted at 9pm EST. The lucky turkey will be announced at 9:30pm EST.

Signup in this thread and I'll start a new thread in FF RR section for the Turkey Shoot tomorrow when it starts tomorrow morning and people can post around as they like. Hunting will start at 10am tomorrow morning and continue in the thread until Thanksgiving day.

The basic forum rules apply. If you don't know them read them in the FF RR section before playing. Game is played with paintball guns as our tradition dictates, no real 'turkeys' will be harmed in the process of this RP. Any questions just PM me and I'll let ya know.

(Note, this is open to everyone not just Fanfic characters. Just play yourself.)

Val Strate

Your friendly Hazzard Co. Game Warden

*signs up on the sheet*

I'll be a hunter. I think Brian should be a turkey. Khee! :)

*writes this down quick*

Kay. Thanks MA for gettin' the ball rolling.

One nomination vote for Brian Coltrane to be this year's turkey.

I think this is the third time we've done this thing and he's been turkey at least once out of the two years. Can't remember. Maybe he was turkey twice? Hhhhhmmmm *putting pencil to lips in thought*

*writes this down quick*

Kay. Thanks MA for gettin' the ball rolling.

One nomination vote for Brian Coltrane to be this year's turkey.

I think this is the third time we've done this thing and he's been turkey at least once out of the two years. Can't remember. Maybe he was turkey twice? Hhhhhmmmm *putting pencil to lips in thought*

Sign me up too! And I vote to Brian to wear feathers and do the Turkey Trot...*chuckles*

Ok... Results are in. I have three votes and two signed up hunters and I have two nominations for turkeys. However one nomination has won the vote.

Hunters:

MaryAnne Coltrane

Alex Jackson

Turkey:

Brian Coltrane

Now that, that is settled. I'm still accepting Hunters but the Turkey has been choosen.

Hunting begins tomorrow at 10am and ends Thanksgiving at midnight. I will setup the first post.

Val Strate

Hazzard Co. Game Warden

Yes, Hil you can still sign up to be a hunter.

Brian is the Turkey so you'll be hunting him and shooting paintballs at him.

As far as a replacement turkey, if Mr. Coltrane decides not to partake in the event then a replacement will be chosen from a list of qualified lunatics to be the turkey.

If we can't find anyone to be the turkey, if all else fails we'll send Cletus out there with tail feathers glued to his bottom and run around in Hazzard Woods.

Val Strate

Hazzard Co. Game Warden

If Alex wants to be a Turkey too, I'm not going to stop him. But he needs to declare that right off the bat before he posts.

Actually it might be fun watching Brian and Alex tag team up on everyone else. You guys have a valid point. It's up to Alex.

As far as anyone else, you can all be hunters. Mind you, just because you're hunting the turkeys with paintball guns, doesn't mean the Turkeys can't defend themselves. This is Hazzard remember, we do things different around here. So be aware.

Ok, I'm going to go post a starter thread and then from there ya'll can go at it. Sorry I'm about an hour late. (ooc: I needed to sleep in a little. First weekend in a loooong time that I've been able to sleep in and not worry about being some place.)

Ok, get ready hunters.

Val Strate

Hazzard Co. Game Warden