Nascar Race

Julieduke

i knew he was gonna sing and i was so exited to see him. but i was at my grandparent's all day. but i just got to see it on the internet. thank god for youtube.lol i think he did great. his voice reminded me alot of mike rowes (from dirty jobs on discovery channel). i think their voices sound alike for some reason though. i don't know why but i think they do.lol

John did a great job singing "The National Anthem" - it was great to see him again!

Richard Petty was the honory starter on Sunday since it marks the fifteenth anniversay since he stopped racing...Jeff Gordon got to be the grand marshel -to say Gentlemen Start your Engines" since it marks his fifteenth anniversary since he started his racing career. Gordon's first race was Petty's last race.

Anyway, Richard Petty's ball cap fell off while he was waving the green flag and all the cars drove by him - the wind blew it off onto the track. It was great to see him again as well!:)

Keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

i knew he was gonna sing and i was so exited to see him. but i was at my grandparent's all day. but i just got to see it on the internet. thank god for youtube.lol i think he did great. his voice reminded me alot of mike rowes (from dirty jobs on discovery channel). i think their voices sound alike for some reason though. i don't know why but i think they do.lol

Could you please post the link for the video?

John did a great job singing "The National Anthem" - it was great to see him again!

Richard Petty was the honory starter on Sunday since it marks the fifteenth anniversay since he stopped racing...Jeff Gordon got to be the grand marshel -to say Gentlemen Start your Engines" since it marks his fifteenth anniversary since he started his racing career. Gordon's first race was Petty's last race.

Anyway, Richard Petty's ball cap fell off while he was waving the green flag and all the cars drove by him - the wind blew it off onto the track. It was great to see him again as well!:)

Garrett Duke

Was it a Boston Red Sox BallCap then?

I don't know...they really didn't show the front of it. It was white or gray so probably not with those colors. That was the first time I saw him without his legendary cowboy hat...and when his hat flew off, that is the first time I have ever seen him without a hat! Even the announcers said that when it had flew off! LOL!

Garrett Duke

• 5 months later...