Cool Cars, Cool Trucks!

General Grant

Hey y'all!

I Love my Truck! I have a Ford Bronco XLT. Although it is older ( I like to say it just has character!) and is a little rough looking, I just LOVE it! I also have a Chevy Blazer, I like driving that around town.

Chargers are great, and I love Pontiac TransAms. Esspecially Black. Yes, I am also a Knight Rider fan!

Does anyone have this problem: You just can't help it, when you see a nice looking vehicle your head turns!

Khee! Hot Pursuit!

General Grant

Well, I hate to admit it but the older I get (I'm 47) the less often a cool car will turn my head. If I see a 4 wheel drive that is plastered in mud then I'll stare it down and smile. Street/trail (dual sport) motorcycles make me do the same. This may sound weird to some folks but we have an annual fair parade in my hometown and it usually has quite a few cars in it. Whenever you see an antique car, it is always immaculately restored to the finest detail of course. However this guy used to drive his old Beverly Hillbilly looking antique vehicle in the parade and it was always my favorite. Instead of seeing a car from the 1920's as it looked new, I think it looks much cooler as it looked after it had been beaten up for 20 years. Don't get me wrong, the General would turn my head but Jed Clampett's vehicle would really make my neck twist. I'm such a hillbilly....and proud of it. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

Hey y'all!

I Love my Truck! I have a Ford Bronco XLT. Although it is older ( I like to say it just has character!) and is a little rough looking, I just LOVE it! I also have a Chevy Blazer, I like driving that around town.

Chargers are great, and I love Pontiac TransAms. Esspecially Black. Yes, I am also a Knight Rider fan!

Does anyone have this problem: You just can't help it, when you see a nice looking vehicle your head turns!

Khee! Hot Pursuit!

General Grant

I am proud to say I am a Knight Rider fan as well, I have a autographed photo from The Baywatch years of David Hasselhoff. One thing to be said about David's autographed nobody will be able to forge his, you have to trust that's his autographed he would've made a great docter if he hadn't made it into acting and singing.

That is great to know that there is a fellow Knight Rider Fan out there! I know what you mean about older vehicles. I often times find myself doing the same thing! I don't think I knew that David Hasslehoff sang. I heard him once on a Knight Rider episode ("Let it be Me" I believe it was called) but otherwise, I wasn't aware that he made records.

Hey, I'll catch y'all later. Thanks for the replies.

I'm Gone!

General Grant

That is great to know that there is a fellow Knight Rider Fan out there! I know what you mean about older vehicles. I often times find myself doing the same thing! I don't think I knew that David Hasslehoff sang. I heard him once on a Knight Rider episode ("Let it be Me" I believe it was called) but otherwise, I wasn't aware that he made records.

Hey, I'll catch y'all later. Thanks for the replies.

I'm Gone!

General Grant

Do you have an autographed Photo of David yet?

No, I do not have an autographed photo of David Hasslehoff. I'd much rather have an AUTOgraphed photo of KITT, anyway. Michael is okay, but KITT makes the entire show!

Anyway, it is great to hear that there is another Knight Rider fan!

General Grant

I still want to get a die-cast of Kitt myself it will make my diecast collection complete hey does the driver come with the car.

Hello Y'all!

WOW! It sounds like you have quite a collection of die-cast models. Let me guess... you probably have a General Lee, a couple of patrol cars, and a white pickup?!

Anyway, That would be so cool to have a model of KITT. He is so Coo!

Good Bye for now, fellow Knight Rider Fan!

General Grant

Well Actually my die-cast collection is two 1957 Bel-Air Convertible's different colors in 1/18 scale a Coors edition Trans-am like on Smokey and The Bandit. One car from the fast and the furious some cars before 1940 as well. The General Lee in 1/18 scale, a 2006 Dodge Charger in 1/24 scale but maybe it's 1/25 scale. Two different styles and years Vipers, three different era's Corvettes. Three different Mustang in different colors, some smaller older Caddilacs as well.

Possum on a Gum Bush!!!

You really do have a lot of models! You must need an entire room for all of those! I, unfortunately do not have any models yet, but hopefully some day I can get a couple. I will definately want one of KITT!

Did you paint all of those models, or did you get them already made? If you painted and assembled all of those it must have taken a LONG time!

Talk to you soon.

General Grant

Possum on a Gum Bush!!!

You really do have a lot of models! You must need an entire room for all of those! I, unfortunately do not have any models yet, but hopefully some day I can get a couple. I will definately want one of KITT!

Did you paint all of those models, or did you get them already made? If you painted and assembled all of those it must have taken a LONG time!

Talk to you soon.

General Grant

Well, I have a plastic 1/25 scale model of Kitt and the General but the General didn't turn out too well. I think Cletus or the Sheriff must've helped with it. Well actually all the cars mentioned in post 10 are die-cast and no I didn't build them. I don't have them in their own room but some are stored away so they don't get dusty and everything. I do build model kits for a hobby as well. Good News : I worked the Voting Polls but boy am I tired today, first monday I worked my normal shift at work and then had a organizational meeting at 7pm that last to 9:15 pm. I got home about 10 pm. Now my normal shift starts 4:30 am or 5:00 am and sometimes I work as late as 1pm. On tuesday I worked at Simpson United Methodist Church at 8510 Clark Ave, if your ever in Cleveland, Ohio. Well I worked from 5:30 am to 7:30 pm and had a really late supper, I kind of had a junkfood supper until I could get some real food at 9:30 pm at BurgerKind well anyways I got home at about 10:00pm last night and but my stuff down and got my work uniforms from the basement that was clean from the night before and I got a shower and went to bed shortly after. Here's the fun part our last voter was this real cute cop named Mitchell and I think all the young woman at the poll noticed him walk in to vote. Well this morning I got up at almost 4 am to work to start at 4:30 which I work to 11am. Now y'll I had a chance to work till 1pm but I was tired from getting home monday night and tuesday night at 10pm and trying to get some sleep for work so I declined and only stayed till 11am.

Hello Julieduke

WOW! It sounds like you have quite the schedule!! You really do get up quite early. I have cousins in Ohio! Between work and your hobbies... when do you ever get any sleep?!

I hope you have not been too busy lately! That really sounds like a very tight schedule, I don't know how anyone could do that.

I'll talk to you later.

GET SOME SLEEP TONIGHT!

General Grant

Hello Julieduke

WOW! It sounds like you have quite the schedule!! You really do get up quite early. I have cousins in Ohio! Between work and your hobbies... when do you ever get any sleep?!

I hope you have not been too busy lately! That really sounds like a very tight schedule, I don't know how anyone could do that.

I'll talk to you later.

GET SOME SLEEP TONIGHT!

General Grant

Okay, well it's saturday and I signed up to work the polls in March. The money comes in handy because it's slow at McDonald's at that time and the $172.10 comes in handy as well.

Not having to get up at 3 or 4 AM is usually a good thing! Hopefully you will be able to sleep in a little later! I guess you must get accustomed to it, though. I thought getting up at 5:30 or 6:00 was early!

Well, in the next week or so, a lot of people will be getting up at 4 AM to get into the woods and hunt!

Talk to you soon

General Grant

Not having to get up at 3 or 4 AM is usually a good thing! Hopefully you will be able to sleep in a little later! I guess you must get accustomed to it, though. I thought getting up at 5:30 or 6:00 was early!

Well, in the next week or so, a lot of people will be getting up at 4 AM to get into the woods and hunt!

Talk to you soon

General Grant

But Not me I don't hunt myself, what time is all the single guys going to be at the mall I am looking for a boyfriend.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Well, I hate to admit it but the older I get (I'm 47) the less often a cool car will turn my head. If I see a 4 wheel drive that is plastered in mud then I'll stare it down and smile. Street/trail (dual sport) motorcycles make me do the same. This may sound weird to some folks but we have an annual fair parade in my hometown and it usually has quite a few cars in it. Whenever you see an antique car, it is always immaculately restored to the finest detail of course. However this guy used to drive his old Beverly Hillbilly looking antique vehicle in the parade and it was always my favorite. Instead of seeing a car from the 1920's as it looked new, I think it looks much cooler as it looked after it had been beaten up for 20 years. Don't get me wrong, the General would turn my head but Jed Clampett's vehicle would really make my neck twist. I'm such a hillbilly....and proud of it. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

I'm wondering if you and I don't come from the same hometown. We always had antique cars in all the parades in Lake County. In fact, the car that we always got dropped of at school in was a 1940 Chevy Grand Master Deluxe. Great car.