Springtime Romances and Tragedies

LoriDavenport

B.L glared at Luke and elbowed him in the gut which caused his laughing to stop instantly as he gasped for air winded.

"Shut up Lucas!"

She looked at Lori with a snort of course she had enemies they all did but the question is which one of them had stolen the crowns and put them in her car.

"Of course I got enemies Lori we all do question is which one of the skunks is it framed me."

Luke had recovered and him and Cooter both had thoughtful expresions as they tried to figure out which enemy of B.L's had framed her.....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke said, "Who all was there anyway, BL?"

BL thought, "Me, Cooter, Mark, Vance, Robin, Ralph...."

Luke shook his head. This wasn't getting him anywhere but angry. "Ok, who would have been king?"

Cooter thought, "Luke since you weren't there. We all actually figured that someway Hughie Hogg would get it."

Luke snapped his fingers! "That's it fellas. I was in the office the other day......" He paused, looked at BL and said, "NO comments from you either. Anyway, Boss Hogg was there and they were talking about using different crowns this year. The only reason, I can see him going to all that trouble to arrange better ones would be for Hughie to wear. Was that Darlene Snodgrass his date?"

BL nodded, 'yes'.

Luke said, "Yeah I smell a rat."

Cooter asked, "But, why would Hughie have the crowns put in BL's car?"

Luke asked, "Are you SURE Hughie got it?"

BL and Cooter shook their heads no.

"Ok, we got to find someone who would know. If Hughie knew he wasn't getting King he'd plant them to keep from getting embarrassed when he wasn't named King."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coy almost shouted, "Leave me alone Bo!"

Bo replied, "I'm only trying to get you to HUSH before we all get caught!"

Lori stomped her good foot and threw her hands up,"I know why and its cause o' me!!!"

Everyone turned to look to Lori and shook their heads. Lori got mad and shouted,"Listen to me da-- when im talkin to ya'll!!!!"

Luke and B.L. and Cooter all looked to her in amazement and stared long and hard at her.

Lori began,"It was the beginning of sophmore year... me and Hugie were...well seeing each other and I promised him I'd go to prom with him when the time came.... I never did....I had dumped him for Luke...since Hugie couldn't get Luke back, he went for the nearest thing which was you B."

Everyone looked to Lori and said,"All because you dumped him??"

Lori sighed,"Well No.... cause I wouldn't gove him any..."

Lori was redder than an apple as Cooter, Luke and B.L. instantly fell over laughing at her.

Lori walked over to Luke and said,"Keep laughin hotstuff......no more FUN for you...."

Luke swallowed and shut up.

B.L.. then proceeded to say,"Alright alright.... so its all YER FAULT huh Lor??"

Lori nodded, B.L. laughed again!

Lori rolled her eyes and instantly stood on her tippy toes lookin at the winder.

She could see Rosco,"Uhhh fellers...we got us some company..ole' Roscos back for more."

Luke looked to Lori and saw the keys in her back pockets, grabbing them out, having to fish for them awhile. Cooter...............

Cooter thought fast and propped a chair under the door knob so Rosco couldn't get in. He then looked at the others and put his finger to his lips shushing them and pointed toward the window they were gonna have to crawl out it to get to the vehicles while Rosco was trying to get in the door.

Luke and Cooter climbed out the window first then helped Lori and B.L out since Lori had a busted knee and B.L was wearing her prom dress as they crept toward the vehicles and climbed in Lori and Luke in the wrecker and B.L got in with Cooter this time Rosco finally got into the shack but it was empty.

Just as Rosco kicked through the door the engines roared and the 4 teenagers tore out heading for the Duke farm so they could discuss this in the barn........

In the barn Bo had finally got Coy to hush some. He and Dixie was talking. Bo said, "Yeah, Luke told me that Lori's not the ONLY cousin of yours he's been with."

Dixie's eye were wide, "Bo, you don't mean? BL?"

Bo nodded, "I hear she's been with Alfred too."

Dixie asked, "BL? No!"

Bo said, "Yeah, that's what I heard." Bo was trying to impress Dixie and let her think that if it was Ok for her cousins it was Ok for her to let him to first base anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as Rosco kicked through the door the engines roared and the 4 teenagers tore out heading for the Duke farm so they could discuss this in the barn.

Cooter looked at BL, "Can't those two stop playing grab a-- long enough to get way from Rosco? Did you see Luke trying ot get the wrecker keys?"

BL sighed. Cooter was in a dither. "Cooter would you ease up on them? They are going to do what they want no matter what you think. But, right now I need help."

Cooter knew BL was right as he pulled in behind Luke in the back of the barn.

Luke opened the back barn door to find Coy almost passed out. DAisy laughing at him and Bo trying to get Dixie's bra off. Luke took a deep breath and looked at Cooter for help.

Cooter held his hands up saying,"Yer the expert on that particular subject get em a-- grabber!!"

Luke glared at Cooter,"Thanks!! Just what is going on here??"

bout that time Uncle Jesse had worried enough and walked out to see all his "children" and Luther's doing something. "WHAT IN TARNATION IS GOING ON??"

Luke sighed and said,"We just got here..."

He then explained to Uncle Jesse what was happening with B.L. Uncle Jesse nodded and looked to the others,"AND WERE DID YOU GET THAT SHINE FROM??"

Bo smirked and said,"Luke..."

Luke sighed, they'd found his shine stash. Uncle Jesse saw red and said,"I'll deal with you later Lucas I gotta get these youngins sobered up."

Luke swallowed and nodded. Uncle Jesse managed to round up his bunch, leaving Dixie out there with B.L. and Luke, mainly...Lori and Cooter were arguing over what Lori can and can't do.

Dixie smirked and said,"Bo told me you and Luke...you know!!!"

B.L. turned blood red and Luke shook his head denying it.... B.L. wasn't though...

Dixie thought it had to be true ohh wait till Lori found out.

They could see Rosco go by and not give the farm a secong glance. They all huddled around to discuss the issues at hand..

Once they came to their conclusions Luke looked to Lori and said,"Gonna help me cook up a plan??"

Lori smiled and said,"Sure.."

Cooter sighed exclaming,"WHAT'LL HE GRAB NEXT?"

Luke glared at Cooter and got smart with him,"Do you honestly want me to answer that?"

Lori was turning five shades of red. "Fellas stop now!"

Luke sighed and shook his head, B.L. only snickered.

Lori smirked and looked to everyone,"I've got it!! we can get huige to confess that he did it!!, Luke..you still have that old tape recorder?"

Luke nodded and smiled,"I know what yer thinkin and it just could work out!!"

Lori grinned and said,"Ok ya'll im gonna go in an tease ole Hugie.... he'll say anything in under those kinda circumstances.."

Luke looked her up and down and remembered tthe re-aquantincing him and her had had that night. Luke only smiled and said,"Who wouldn't?"

Cooter smacked him.

Lori said,"Get him to confess and go give the principal the recording."

B.L. sighed,"Simple as that??"

Lori nodded,"Simple as that."

Luke.............

Luke said, "Ok, here's what we need to do......"

Dixie said, "I want to help. Even is BL is doing Alfred and you. And Lori's been with Ernie and Hughie and You!!! Where did Bo go he was telling me a whole bunch of stuff!!!!!"

Cooter replied, "Well Lukas!!! I think we all know the what yer gonna grab! Its just the who, now? Which cousin will it be??"

Luke glared at Cooter then looked at Dixie. She was three sheets in the wind, "What HAS Bo been telling you?"

Dixie smiled, "All kinds of interesting stuff! He even told me that Vance a Robin did it!"

Lori saw Luke turn purple!

Lori dropped her head and clenched her fists on her hips,"DIXIE JUST SHUT IT!!! I DONT CARE HOW DRUNK YOU ARE JUST SHUT IT!!!!!"

Luke looked to Lori as if she took that a little personal and began to wonder.

Cooter and everyone else in there looked to Dixie who sobered up real quick.

Luke sighed and said,"As I was saying, Lori wil be off teasing Hugie and getting him to confess whilst me and B.L. has to get the crowns and sneak them to Huige's locker were then Cooter, you'll be our look-out. "

Everyone nodded and agreed. Luke then said,"We'll wait til morning and set this into motion..everyone will be wondering bout it anyways."

Just then they heard the sirens pull up at the farm... Rosco walked out to the barn to catch them as Dixie opened her mouth,"Howwwww do Rosco??"

Lori sighed and said,"Ohhhh dear."

Rosco knew that Dixie was a minor and he planned to arrest all of em now.

"Alright you miscrients come with me, all of ya... Dixie go in the house I think Jesse would like to have a few words with you."

Dixie laughed and staggered through to the door. Jesse heard Rosco and just sat there, maybe sometime in the pen would help them see.

Rosco haulled them in and booked them, B.L. and Lori in one cell, Luke and Cooter in the other.

Lori sighed and fanned herself, B.L. and Cooter gave up and went to bed. Luke sat on the bunk thinking. Lori paced the cell floor a little trying to cool herself, She couldn't stand it any longer she took off her jacket revealing a strapless black, low cut mid-drift in under it. Luke............

Luke sighed, "Thanks, Lori. I'll never get to sleep now. What are we gonna do about the other situation?"

Lori smirked and placed her hands on her hips,"Glad ta know I'm the cause of that then... well we can bust outta here or we can wait til morning for Uncle Jesse to come get us."

A thought just hit Luke, "I HOPE they don't need a wrecker tonight!"

Cooter groaned, "Oh, man! Luther will kill us all!"

Luke said, "Uncle Jesse has his hands full so he certainly couldn't go out and the wrecker is at the farm." Luke sighedn and continued, "I'm going to make Bo live really hard over this. I know I'm in deep about the shine not to mention him getting us ALL locked up cause he found it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse had heard Coy sing with an off key and slurred voice one too many times, "Swing Low Sweet Chairot"***** as he heard Rosco pull up. He decided that whatever Rosco seemed to do to the lot of them was far too good for them.

As Rosco pulled out taking the older four to jail, Dixie opened the kitchen door. "Uncle Jesse, Rosco tokd me to come inside with you."

Jesse signed and thougth it was going to be a long night. "Well, drink you this cup of coffee and you can go to bed with Daisy.

***** This was an idea borrowed from Bethie 88 that she used in another story

Dixie giggled and did just that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori sighed and said,"Yea...Cooter he will kill us, mainly luke though cause he trusted Luke with the wrecker. Least its in Uncle Jesse's barn though."

Luke sighed and had to agree.

Cooter looked to Lori and then to Luke noticing him staring,"Loren Davenport you put that coat o' yers back on!!"

Luke started to say no dont but it was too late, Cooter had already heard his comment and caught him.

they all sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning at the farm was filled with moans and groans as everyone drug theirselves outta bed to get ready for school.

Bo was hidin from Luke today as he knew Luke would kill him.

They all got ready and was on the bus...

Uncle Jesse however was on his way to the jail to get the four troublesome teens outta jail.

Lori woke up and was ready for action, Luke sighed and shook his head as Cooter and B.L. finally awoke.

Uncle Jesse got them out and took them straight to school. Lori hoped she could pull it all off in her casual outfit. Luke had the tape recorder in his pocket when he got it out of the house before they were taking away the night before.

When they got there...............

When they got there Lori found Hughie Hogg first thing, "Hey, Hughie Honey. Sorry I missed the prom last night and all but I just got back into town."

Hugie was about to do back flips when he saw Lori without her jacket. She had the tape recorder in her back pocket.

Lori asked ever so sweetly, "What WAS all the commotion at the prom last night?"

Hughie smiled and looked her up and down,"Well, well,... hello there, ohhh well, I should've been king and that sneaky little B.L. ran off with the crowns, she was sooo desperate to be my queen I guess, wouldn't you be?"

Lori said, "Well, now Hughie, how can I be your queen if Rosco has the crowns." She paused, "Besides, I think you had something to do with those crowns being in BL's car."

Hugie quickly made an effort to tell her, "I'll...I'll get them.... I can get them easily from him.... I'll tell you what went on if you'll be my queen?"

"Hughie I'd LOVE to be your queen. I'm so tired of these boys around here." Lori tried not to choke on the lie.

"Ok, I admit, I was mad because you never went to a prom with me liek you promised. I wanted to get back at you by causing trouble for your family. You'll still be my queen though, right, Lori, you promised."

Lori gave Hughie a pitiful look, "Hughie I wouldn't be caught dead with you! And, you better stay away from my family and friends!" She turned and tossed the tape player to Luke who could get it to the principal's office quicker than she could right now.

Hughie was screaming all amounts of profanities at Lori and Luke!

BACKGROUND MUSIC:They call me the Breeze by:Lynryd Skynryd

B.L. had the crowns in her hands as Hughie was making a beeline dive for her. Lori saw him run towards B.L. as janitor was bringing down a cart, Lori grinned big and saw the principal come up the hallway as Luke was in behind him, Lori hopped on it and pushed off with her good foot, she went speeding down the hall as Hughie jumped for B.L., Lori jumped off the cart and tackled Hughie. Luke fell over laughing as B.L. had pried open Hughie's locker. Luke had directed the principal down that hallway to Hughie's locker. It somehow helped Lori's knee or it just completley numbed it cause she couldn't feel it. Luke had let the principal listen to the tape and showedhim Hughie's locker. Everyone around was clapping and screaming, for there was still a runaway cart. Lori got up and half laughed at Hughie who was looking at her,"Sorry, Hughie but I have my king.."

Luke put his arm around Lori and kissed her, Hughie flew mad. The principal then proceeded down the hallway. Lori had saw Alfred come up the hallway with the cart. She smiled to him and saw B.L. she whispered in Alfred's ear,"Hey...my cousin here really really likes ya you should go for it."

Lori then climbed back up on the cart and looked to B.L. who Alfred had tried to kiss, B.L. looked to Lori and screamed,"When I catch you i'll kill you!!!"

Lori laughed and saluted Luke with two fingers and said,"With that I'm gone!!"

Lori pushed the cart off and took off down the hallway smiling and sliding it around the corners.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had been informed to go back to school were she was out of the Marines, in first period Luke kept on smiling at her and wrote her a note saying...........

Luke kept on smiling at her and wrote her a note saying, "You really did a good job making Hughie do back flips this morning. You know I'm in deep with Luther and Jesse. I'm thinking of the many painful way to kill Bo when I get my hands on him -- If there's anything left of me after I face Luther and Jesse. I'm glad Jesse was in too big a hurryr this morning geting us to school."

Lori smiled and worte him back," awww Dontcha worry tooo much with Luther I can getcha ya off the hook with him... Jesse I can't though but I can try.... ehhhh maybe im just gettin to involved again....

Luke wrote her back saying,"I think I might be gettin' a little involved myself. We, ah, may need to, ah, watch out for that."

Lori smiled and kinda blushed,"Yea we should... :)"

Luke had to laugh at the smiling face and started flipping her hair. He caught himself and stopped. He couldn't fall inlove with her, course he never fell out of love with her.

after the school day was over Luke had asked Lori to come over for a visit after his chores was done. Everyone thought for sure the two were dating, even Lori thought so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse and Luke had a talk with each other about the shine and Luke had explained it to Jesse as being the Robin situation. Jesse agreed and still had him in trouble..

Bo however was hiding in the barn...unaware of Lori coming over to "visit" Luke......

Luke had been lectured by Jesse until Jesse was blue in the face. Fortunately, for them both they heard Lori pull in.

Luke suggested a short walk, which he planned on ending up in the barn and hoped Jesse was tooo busy with dinner to come looking for them. He helped Lori get into the hayloft. She was glad her kneefelt better today. Luke said, "I would get ya a drink to help with that knee but I think Bo and the others wiped me out."

Lori replied, "That's ok, Luke. I'm not even taking the meds the doctors gave me. Well, at least not often."

Luke began stroking her hair, "Did I get the chance to tell you I missed you?"

"I don't think you did." Lori said.

"Well, I did." Luke he leaned over and kissed her passionately. It didn't take long for them both to loose their clothes, the barn loft in late May was mighty warm! Luke grabbed some protection as Lori rubbed his chest with her long fingernails.

Several minutes later, Luke and Lori were in a world all their own, ............until Luke heard a board on the other side of the loft squeak...............He looked up to see.................

He looked up to see Bo there watching them with aww and wonder. Lori blushed as Luke covered her with his jacket. Luke, for the life of him, couldn't enjoy one romantic moment without his couisn bein there or someone findin out about him and so and so did this.

Luke pulled his clothes on and laid a firm hand on Bo's shoulder..."Better be runnin couisn cause Im gonna kill ya!!"

Bo then hesitatdley stated,"But...if you do...I'll tell Uncle Jesse you and Lori is up her screwin around!!"

Luke took it into consideration and said,"you do all my chores for me cause you got me arrested and thats that."

Bo had to agree it'd be mighty easier than being killed.

Bo scrambled down to the bottom leavin Luke and Lori back up top.

Luke crawled over to Lori who was panting hard and waiting..........................

Several hours later after their 3rd or 4th round, Luke looked over to Lori who was out of breath and said,"Wow!"

Lori smiled and swallowed hard, she knew she'd feel the pain in the morning..

Lori got up and sighed, putting her clothes on and kissin Luke on the cheek.. Luke sighed and said,"I wish you wouldn't go..."

Lori sweetly replied,"Whos the one getting involved now?"

Luke............

Luke looked at her smiling and said

"I can't help it everytime I look at you I just can't stop myself getting involved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Davenport farm it was a race to see who was gonna kill Dixie first Cooter or B.L or just maybe it'd be a combined effort. They had Dixie trapped she'd started to run around the outside of the house to try and make a break for one of the vehicles only to find B.L had her cornered on one end and Cooter on the other both stalking toward her with looks that could kill. B.L made it to Dixie first and grabbed her shaking her hard.

"DIXIE LEE DAVENPORT IF I WANT MY BUSINESS SPLATTERED ALL OVER THE COUNTY I'LL TELL IT!!!!"

Poor ole Dixie's teeth was a rattling in her head B.L was shaking her so hard. Cooter wasn't pleased with her either because of her he'd spent a night in jail then had to go to school. But he didn't want B.L to shake all her brains out of her ears either nor for Luther to catch them so he was desperately trying to pry B.L's hands off Dixie.

"B...let her go ya gonna shake her brains loose"

B.L "WHAT BRAIN SHE AIN'T GOT ONE OR SHE'D A KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT"

Just then.......

Lori smiled and blushed and turned her head laughing. She pulled her hair back and climbed down the loft seeing as Uncle Jesse was in the house still. She smiled to Luke and kissed him before she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When she got home she wasn't pleased at the sight she was seeing she climbed out of Midnight and ran towards the bunch grabbing ahold of Dixie,"B!! WHAT LITTLE BRAINS SHE STILL GOT YER GONNA KNOCK EM LOOSE IF YA DON'T STOP IT!!!!"

B.L. wanted to deck Lori for getting in her way of trying to kill Dixie. Lori stood firm and looked to Cooter, "Cousin....what was you gonna do let her kill yer baby sister??"

Cooter smirked and said,"Well she needs a good whippin to set her straight.."

Dixie was in behind Lori poking fun at B.L. and Cooter sticking her tongue out and whatnot.

Lori rolled her eyes and retorted back to him,"Well from the way I see it we're ALL gonna get a whippin', Cooter this youngin here has gotten us in trouble more times than I can count actually, BUT she has always managed to try and help us out some way or another... B.L. just who exactly was it offered to help us when we got grounded that time ago..and we couldn't go to our "biggest game of the year" game last year?? It sures ta heck wasn't Cooter now was it?? NO!!! Dixie was the one that talked to Uncle Luther til she was blue trying to get us to go!! And so you repay her fer what little help she does give us by rattling her small brain around??"

Dixie had to open her mouth,"Hey!!! my brain aint THAT small!!!!"

Lori looked to her and shook her head. B.L looked to Lori and said,"Just move and let me finish what I started."

Lori took her jacket off and said,"You gonna finish it, finish it on me..... not Dixie."

Cooter whistled low and took Dixie over by him.

B.L. smirked and said,"My pleasure.." with that she sent her fist flying and it knocked Lori straight across the face.

Lori staggered back and said,"DA--!! someone's had her wheaties this morning."

Lori then sent a punch hitting B.L. in the gut and Lori brung her knee up and hit B.L below the belt.

B.L. let out a umph and fell back,"Cheap shot!!!"

Lori stood over her and shook her head. walking in the house. B.L. jumped up and tackled her to the ground. They went at it. Cooter walked over and pulled B.L off of Lori Lori got up and dusted herself off.

B.L. screamed at Cooter,"Lemme go lemme go!!!! I want to beat her til she cant walk no more!!!!!!"

Lori laughed and said,"B honey I can barely walk now why more?"

B.L was blood red,"If you can barely walk then why've you been sneaking off to see Luke and all them other guys huh?"

Lori smirked and retored,"Cause I love havin fun!"

B.L started gritting her teeth and opened her mouth,"No!! cause yer the Hazzard Whore!!!!"

Lori fell back laughing,"Well B you can call me that....hey least im gettin some!!"

Cooter had had enough and shouted himself,"Alright girls stop!!!!!!!"

Luther meanwhile pulled up with a person in the car with him... "Ohhh lord fellers!!! RUN!!!!"

Lori shouted as she looked and thought she saw the devil herself, it was their grandmother or for a better term, satin.. everytime she came to visit something bad always happened..

As the old woman made her way out of the car, Cooter, B.L., Dixie, and Lori all scrambled over top each other trying to escape.

The old woman spoke and said,"CHILDREN!!!! STOP THIS INSTANT!!"

Everyone of them knew if they didn't there'd be he-- to pay.

Dixie was the first to open her mouth, Lori and Cooter and B.L. were waving their hands in the air at Dixie telling her No!!! but she did anyways and said..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the farm Luke was making his way out, thinking of Lori and the talk they had in the Boar's Nest. He thought to himself,"Man ya gotta stop for this goes any farther... you've done opened yer mouth once don't do it again... yer stirring feelings from the past.... ohh god I think I love her again...I can't no... no no no...this is wrong, I shouldn't use her like this, she's letting me though...this has to cause her pain more than it does me...."

Uncle Jesse knew what Luke had been doing and as he saw the scrambled brain teen walk towards the house he sat on the porch and pulled a seat up by him saying,"Luke...wanna talk?"

Luke knew that his Uncle knew he had something on his mind.

"Uncle Jesse...it's Lori... I don't know what to do..help me."

Uncle Jesse nodded and said,"Tell me bout it son and I'll try the best way I can."

Luke then began to tell Uncle Jesse.........

Dixie said, "Grandma! They were trying to KILL me!"

Cooter, Lori and B.L. knew that this was NOT going to be good. Dixie was the 'baby' of the family and by far teh old woman's favorite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke then began to tell Uncle Jesse, "I don't want to get involved with Lori or anyone for that matter right now. I know I'm not over Robin and having the whole steady relationship. I want to go out by myself and take home ....." Luke stopped he wouldn't say what he was thinking to Jesse.

That was Ok, cause Jesse was on his train of thought, "The girl with the best offer."

Luke looked at his Uncle. He was at a loose for words as the wise man had said EXACTLY what he had been thinking. Luke looked embarrassed and finally admitted, "That's about what I was going to say."

Jesse said, "Luke there is nothing wrong with not being attached to one girl or playing the field, but when you start using girls for their pleasure and disregarding their feelings that's when it wrong."

Luke nodded, "I understand that, Uncle Jesse, but my problem is that I tell you and myself that I don't want to be attached to Lori, but everytime she gets close to me I end up spending time with her. There's something there. We click." Luke paused seeing a lecture coming and figured he'd better explain, "I don't mean JUST in bed. I mean she walks in the Boar's Nest. I'm alone. We're leaving together. B.L. needs help, I have the wrecker, Lori was in the wrecker with me riding shotgun to go help. I don't know what it is. Right now, I feel like I'm using her. But, he-- she's offering if not instigating. But, I'm afraid I'm getting too close and worse yet, I'm pretty sure she is getting way too close."

Jesse loked at Luke. He thought for a long while on what he'd said, and

And replied to Luke,"If you love her for who she is or even if you love her for the good times she brings you, and god help me for saying this, but talk to her. If you feel that you are getting too close and you know she is, talk to her about it and see, Luke, if she's offering to you.. then either shes desperate or there somethig there between you and she feels it, but you haven't quite woke up to it yet."

Luke sighed and said,"Thats what im saying...I tried to convince myself that I didn't love her..everytime I look at her, it all washes away..I can't get that close to another girl Uncle Jesse!!!"

Uncle Jesse hushed him some and sighed,"Well Lukas, I told ya there's something there that she feels and knows is there but you don't... Ya'll grew up together and acted like no other two peopli I'd ever seen... she'd ge ya'll in trouble, you'd get ya'll out. She'd be introuble you'd get her out, or if ya'll'd be in trouble she'd get ya'll out. I never saw anything like it, then ya'lls hormones started raging and Lori grew attached to ya and you never even noticed her... The day you asked Robin out was the day Lori was going to tell you she liked you...She asked me, Bo, Cooter, Daisy, anyone that she could think of if she should tell you and when she finally gets the nerve up to asking you, you and Robin were already necking each other. Lori cried fer a straight week over that and tried her best to get over it but she never did."

Luke...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori shouted and said,"I never done it!!! I tried to save her!!!"

Grandma Davenport looked to the four children and snorted,"Children must learn to behave in the proper fashion and my lord girls.... dresses not, jeans and t-shirt... Cooter my lord child clean up for a change."

Cooter looked at himself and sighed, everyone stared at Dixie as they saw the loads of clothes being brung in. Lori moaned and said,"THANKS DIXIE!!!! NOW SHE'S STAYIN!!!"

Dixie shrugged as she was the favorite Davenport girl.

They all walked in and Grandma D. had the dresses laid out, they were pretty in color but ugly in style. B.L put on hers first, then Lori, then Dixie, Lori came out scratching her behind sayin,"This dang thang itches me!!"

B.L was scratching to,"Yer tellin me!"

Dixie liked the dress and twirled around in it.

Cooter came out of the shower grumbling as he had his hair parted and slicked back. Everyone fell over laughing.

Luther had told them that Grandma was staying to keep an eye on them considering that he couldnt possibly keep up with them.........

Luke looked at Jesse and said with a loud sigh, "I just don't want a repeat of last winter." He meant with Lori getting pregnant but couldn't go there right now.

Jesse nodded his understanding.

"And, God help me for saying this but I don't want her to TRY to get me that way. That scares the he-- out of me to think she might TRY." Luke paused. "I just want to not be pressured to be with her or be pressured to ask anyone to get married. I just want to....."

Jesse nodded, "Be a 'free agent' for awhile."

Luke smiled weakly, "Yeah."

Jesse cautined, "Luke I've preached something to you and the other since you were 12, but I feel the need to say it again. You are 18. If you are approached by a girl to buy her a beer, to give her a drink of any kind or take her to bed, you had better be double da-- sure she's 18 before you do. All Rosco has to do is get some under age girl to set you up, son and you are gone."

Luke swollowed hard. HE understood what Jesse was saying.

Jesse said, "Talk to Lori, son. It will be better in the long run."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther had told them that Grandma was staying to keep an eye on them considering that he couldnt possibly keep up with them. The older three pleaded their case that they didn't need a baby sitter. Dixie just went along. She loved the old woman. She had taught Dixie how to crochet, sew a little, do a little needle point. Dixie listened to her stories about the old times in Hazzard. She especially loved the ones about a couple of young handsome Duke boys in their teens by the name of Jesse and his brother Frank. Dixie knew how to get her way with the older woman. Sure she put on the dress and acted like she liked it but she'd be in jeans and boots before she went anywhere.

Luke nodded and headed for the Davenport farm.

He saw the Boar's Nest and it looked mighty tempting though. He pulled in and saw Cindy Mae looking mighty fine. Cindy Mae winked to Luke and walked over talking to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori threw the dress off and ran out in her jeans and tank top. Cooter and B.L. clapped and hollered for her,"GO LORI!! GO !!!!!"

Lori nodded and climbed in Midnight speeding off. She let out a rebel yell tearing through the curves. When she arrived at the Boar's Nest she noticed Luke's car there and got to wonderin. When she walked in though, what she saw hurt her moe than life itself, it was a repeat of her walking in on Luke and Robin kissing that long time ago. Lori shook her head and clenched her fists walkin to the back were her "crowd" hung out around. Luke had Cindy on his lap and hadn't noticed Lori walk in. Til he heard the awefulest commotion hes ever heard in his life. Lori had a man in the air by his shirt collar and was cussin him for all he was worth, she took him and slung him across the bar wiping everyone's beers out. Luke noticed Lori and how enragingly pissed she was. The man stood up and went to punch Lori she dodged throwing him over her shoulders. A bar fight broke out. Luke had Cindy Mae and had her behind the bar. Luke was fightin one guy with Lori backed up against his back.Lori accidently let Luke have it, by elbowing him to the ground and continued to fight. Some one in the crowd said,"Rosco!!"

And everything immendiatley went back to normal. Lori looked to Luke and said,"I knew I got involved!!"

Luke................

Emboldened by Lori's action B.L was the next one to go AWOL she had that itchy dress off and her jeans and a halter top on faster than you can say jack frost running out the door jumping in the Judge. Just as she was about to peel out Cooter jumped in the window his feet still hanging out as B.L tore up the dust heading someplace any place but home with Grandma Davenport! The old woman in question was standing in the yard shaking her walking stick at the retreating car and threatening to use it on some behinds. Cooter grumbled as he righted himself in the passenger seat......

"You coulda gimme time to change."

B.L: "Nuh uh not and stick around there just untuck ya shirt and mess up yer hair."

Cooter did just that as B.L continued to speed toward the Boar's Nest. In the parking lot they saw Luke's car and Lori's getting out of the Judge they could hear the ruckus going on inside shrugging to each other they walked in but by then everything had stopped because someone had yelled Rosco. Lori was still giving Luke the evil eye though so the two Davenport escapees joined them asking....

"What's going on?"

Lori looked at them and said "I got involved!!"

Cooter and B.L just shook their heads it seemed Lori never would learn where Luke was concerned no matter how much anybody tried to tell her.

Luke mumbled, "Got involved my a--!" He glared at Lori while still holding Cindy's hand, who had managed to get back on the right side of the bar.

Cindy Mae, "Sugar you didn't half to do that. I work here mosts nights."

Luke still glared Lori's direction, "Well, I didn't want to see you get hurt cause of someone else's 'actions'!"

Cindy Mae said, "Awe, that's sweet."

Rosco felt in his bones something was up so he took a seat at the bar and ordered an Ice tea. He'd just stay awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie saw her Grandmother yelling at the others and offered, "I'll go see where they went!" She was off to her car. But she had already slipped her shirt, jeans and boots into the car. She stopped just past teh barn and changed before heading out. It didn't take her long to spot the cars at the Boar's Nest. She knew she was too young to drink but she could go see what was going on, but she'd have to be careful and park her car out of sight since she didn't have her license yet.

When Dixie walked in though what she saw was an arrest in the making as Lori picked Luke up over the bar in the air and sent him flying across the room,"Havin fun Lucas??"

Rosco had Lori by the arm and out the door in no time. B.L and Cooter had their mouths dropped and ran over to Luke. If Lori could've gotten away with it she would've beaten Cindy Mae too.

Rosco booked Lori and had her in the cell. Lori could take some time now to reflect on what she had just done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter picked Luke up, dusting him off.. "Welp I see you really got involved there!"

Luke glared at Cooter and got up saying,"I was on my way to talk to Lori, more I thought about it the more I couldn't do it... I don't know what to talk to her I can't."

Cooter said,"Well whatever the reason you dont want yer temporary girlfriend over there to get a facelift pretty boy, you'll talk to her."

Luke............