Check This General Out if you dare.

Julieduke

shoot son if yer gonna buy a general lee, its gotta be a 69 (or 68 or 70 i believe is what else they used on the show) dodge charger, not something from ford...

F-found

O-on

R-road

D-dead

Well, image the outrage it somebody took a Pontiac Trans Am like what was on Knight Rider and painted it like the General Lee. Any takers on this idea right here I made a model of a 1941 Plymouth Coupe dressed like a General Lee.

I guess I can see both sides on this issue. Sure, only '69 Chargers are true Generals but if someone wants to paint any kind of vehicle (even if it's not a car) to look similiar to The General, then I'm okay with it. Some of those creations might not be very appealing to my eyes personally but the fact that people want to make a tribute to the most famous car in the history of the planet is all right in my book. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

I guess I can see both sides on this issue. Sure, only '69 Chargers are true Generals but if someone wants to paint any kind of vehicle (even if it's not a car) to look similiar to The General, then I'm okay with it. Some of those creations might not be very appealing to my eyes personally but the fact that people want to make a tribute to the most famous car in the history of the planet is all right in my book. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

What do you think if somebody painted a 1941 Plymouth Coupe then?

F = Fix

O = Or

R = Repair

D = Daily

Everything under the sun has been painted like the General Lee. Cars, trucks, bicycles, tractors, you name it, we've seen it. The thing is, the paint job is so unique that there's no mistaking it for anything other than being the "General Lee." Roger made a good a point, about folks paying tribute to the General, even if they don't have the right car to put the paint job on. I'll admit the Mustang looks silly with the paintjob but I can't exactly fault whoever decided to go that route.

Given the General's paint job is so unique, the reverse, however, can't be said for KITT. He was black. Good ol' basic, dime a dozen black. The General was painted black in a couple of episodes. Heck, the General started out as black. So...if you paint a '69 Charger black, you can't say you're copying Knight Rider, because KITT's black paint job wasn't exactly anything really unique and original. Nobody would even think "Oh, you're copying KITT."

Of course, if you have a Firebird or T/A of that vintage and it's painted black, folks will ask. "KITT?" I know. They ask me with my car. LOL

Now since we're all beating up on Fords here, how about painting a '69 Charger red with a white stripe on it? Hmm?? That's a unique paint job... :D

F = Fix

O = Or

R = Repair

D = Daily

Everything under the sun has been painted like the General Lee. Cars, trucks, bicycles, tractors, you name it, we've seen it. The thing is, the paint job is so unique that there's no mistaking it for anything other than being the "General Lee." Roger made a good a point, about folks paying tribute to the General, even if they don't have the right car to put the paint job on. I'll admit the Mustang looks silly with the paintjob but I can't exactly fault whoever decided to go that route.

Given the General's paint job is so unique, the reverse, however, can't be said for KITT. He was black. Good ol' basic, dime a dozen black. The General was painted black in a couple of episodes. Heck, the General started out as black. So...if you paint a '69 Charger black, you can't say you're copying Knight Rider, because KITT's black paint job wasn't exactly anything really unique and original. Nobody would even think "Oh, you're copying KITT."

Of course, if you have a Firebird or T/A of that vintage and it's painted black, folks will ask. "KITT?" I know. They ask me with my car. LOL

Now since we're all beating up on Fords here, how about painting a '69 Charger red with a white stripe on it? Hmm?? That's a unique paint job... :D

What year is your car then if people ask you if it's Kitt?

Easy now Tim, yer not too old to git a whippin' from yer Uncle Jesse. Now let me see where'd I leave that hickory switch? Oh, I remember, I left it in the back of my old white FORD pick-up. LOL, Gotcha Tim!!! I'm gone!!!

Thanks there, no question what's does everybody think a 1970 Ford Mustang that I had seen when I went out with a friend in pristine condition and it's was in the prettiest shade of Blue.

Easy now Tim, yer not too old to git a whippin' from yer Uncle Jesse. Now let me see where'd I leave that hickory switch? Oh, I remember, I left it in the back of my old white FORD pick-up. LOL, Gotcha Tim!!! I'm gone!!!

ehhhhh i feel bad now, I absolutley fergot bout poor ole uncle jesse's truck *shakes head in shame and smacks self*

Boy i speaked without thankin!!! (yes speaked is the word i intentionally mean to use too! lol!)

That's fine Lori, I'm just funnin' around. I really don't care if people make fun of certain types of cars....as long as they don't make fun of the General 'cause he's family. Besides, it doesn't matter what you drive as long as you keep it 'tween the ditches. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

One question in General what kind of car does the people of Hazzardnet drive and what would you have if you could afford anything?

I'm not real proud of the car I drive. But I do love my 1998 Yamaha TW200 dual purpose motorcycle. (of course us old timers call them street-trails). I always joke with street bike riders that they spent 10 times what I did and I can take my bike twice as many places. Why the heck would you buy a motorcycle that you can't ride up Razorback Mountain or along the beautiful shores of Hazzard Swamp. It jist don't make no sense. I'm gone...now which way to that swamp?

Oh yea, and to answer your other question, a beat up old white ford pick-up is my dream ride. But I don't want one bad enough to sell my swamp bike. Has anybody seen Miz Tisdale? We're going riding.

I'm not real proud of the car I drive. But I do love my 1998 Yamaha TW200 dual purpose motorcycle. (of course us old timers call them street-trails). I always joke with street bike riders that they spent 10 times what I did and I can take my bike twice as many places. Why the heck would you buy a motorcycle that you can't ride up Razorback Mountain or along the beautiful shores of Hazzard Swamp. It jist don't make no sense. I'm gone...now which way to that swamp?

Oh yea, and to answer your other question, a beat up old white ford pick-up is my dream ride. But I don't want one bad enough to sell my swamp bike. Has anybody seen Miz Tisdale? We're going riding.

Mz. Emma Tizdale left with the mail I think you can check her Roger Duke.