Season 7 - Very fake scenes

Dave

I noticed from watching all seasons, season 7 as being the worst. There are quite a few scenes of the 'General' landing from a jump or whatnot that looks like an early CGI or even a model set. The general is much longer than it should be and the tires look horrible.

Based off seasons1 - 6, does anybody know why they used a smaller budget all of a sudden?

-Dave

I believe from what I overheard is that one they knew the show's ratings had went down and they just didn't care anymore. You could even tell in episodes like, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Duke with Luke and Bo on th ehay ride, that that wasn't Tom and John doing the stunts, least in seasons 1-6 they made it look like them!! I think they just got to the point to were they just didnt care, because WB was ashamed of the Dukes were ti was a down home southern show.

That actually makes perfect sense. I look at it this way: WB at least gave the Dukes the chance to become something. Could you imagine if FOX would have aired the show?! It would have been LUCKY to make it through the first 3 episodes, let a lone a whole season.

But back on my original topic: Seasons 1 - 6 were put together much better than Season7, and now I know why.. :)

Actually some of the model cars were used in the end of the sixth season as well not just season 7. I read somewhere that they ran out of Dodge Chargers or that it was getting to hard to find good ones for stunts so they opted to make models hoping nobody would notice...ya right!

Sure, some of the season 7 stuff isn't as great as we'd hoped for but if the series would of only went 6 seasons, we wouldn't have these great episodes

Happy Birthday General Lee

Welcome, Waylon Jennings

Go West Young Dukes

Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard (again)

The Haunting of J.D. Hogg

Enos and Daisy's Wedding

Opening Night at the Boar's Nest

thats true Roger, we wouldn't have. Guess we didn't really stop to think about that and take it into consideration, hey even if the scenes weren't all that great least we still had good ole' uncle Jesse and Bo, Luke,Daisy, Cooter (sometimes), Waylon, Boss and Rosco, and Enos.

I like the seventh season because the guy that played Uncle Phil was one of the episodes.

• 1 year later...
I noticed from watching all seasons, season 7 as being the worst. There are quite a few scenes of the 'General' landing from a jump or whatnot that looks like an early CGI or even a model set. The general is much longer than it should be and the tires look horrible.

Based off seasons1 - 6, does anybody know why they used a smaller budget all of a sudden?

-Dave

Gripping about bad scenes only turks me off, many of times they have used a model scene to make jumps, and if I wanted to, which I don't, i could easily watch each episode of each season and find many.

Sure, i did not like it when they used fake cars for stunts, and it's not just the general lee that was used, the sherifs car, a racer got bumped off by hogg and the blue car flew into the telephone pole which was also fake.

BUt i am not gona sit here and start pointing out the fake stuff on this show, there are plenty of them. It's no different then seeing the general lee go in the air, then go through the roof of a barn to the point the barn collapse and then the next scene the car lands on all fours.

when I see certain scenes like that, I just ignore it and enjoy the show. It really turked me off when my step dad used to say, "well you know that is fake".

Made my bloud boil, I am not an idiot , I know what can be done and not done, I don't need no critic to tell me. I got so mad at him for spoiling my happy mood and left the room.

I agree with you Dukefan, if you stopped and picked at the show saying, 'This isn't real and this couldn't happen or this wouldn't happen,' then that takes all the fun out of it. Sure it's good to look at it for trivia knowledge but to pick at the show and tear it apart is annoying. It's like a guy sitting down to watch Bay Watch and just enjoying the show, then having his girlfriend come in the room and start pointing out that real women don't look like that and that all those girls curves are acheived by unnatural means and that no real woman could have hair like that after rescuing a 200lb. man from drowning. It just doesn't happen. The point is, just because something seems fake doesn't mean that it's not enjoyable.

Personally, in season 7 the stunts were bad but some of the cast interaction and ad-lib was good. By this season, you felt the growth that had taken place between the characters and how they all work together to make the show what it is.

Of course nobody likes the cheap mini model cars jumping....but look at it this way. The show was in danger of going off the air and I would guess didn't have much money to work with. It would have been much worse if they would have ended it after 6 seasons and not had the seventh. I'd rather have a season 7 with bad stunts than no season 7 at all.

Of course nobody likes the cheap mini model cars jumping....but look at it this way. The show was in danger of going off the air and I would guess didn't have much money to work with. It would have been much worse if they would have ended it after 6 seasons and not had the seventh. I'd rather have a season 7 with bad stunts than no season 7 at all.

Amen to that Roger! The 7th season had it's place. The last episode, 'Opening Night at the Boars Nest' gave you a heartfelt ending to the series. John Schneider himself directed that and it kind of gave you a feeling of everything coming full circle.

I agree with you Dukefan, if you stopped and picked at the show saying, 'This isn't real and this couldn't happen or this wouldn't happen,' then that takes all the fun out of it. Sure it's good to look at it for trivia knowledge but to pick at the show and tear it apart is annoying. It's like a guy sitting down to watch Bay Watch and just enjoying the show, then having his girlfriend come in the room and start pointing out that real women don't look like that and that all those girls curves are acheived by unnatural means and that no real woman could have hair like that after rescuing a 200lb. man from drowning. It just doesn't happen. The point is, just because something seems fake doesn't mean that it's not enjoyable.

Personally, in season 7 the stunts were bad but some of the cast interaction and ad-lib was good. By this season, you felt the growth that had taken place between the characters and how they all work together to make the show what it is.

Amen to that Val, the dukes were like family on and off the set, that is why the show had so much success, not to mention that it made you feel like part of the family, at least that's how I feel about it.:)

I agree, and Seeing Daisy and Enos have that final moment when he got his job in La was great. I also liked how he stood up to boss and said he was not doing any more tricks to throw the dukes in jail.

I could go on and on about what I liked in Season 7, so I am glad too , that they had the chance to make it that far.

oops, got that mixed up, I meant to say about the attempt of Enos and daisy getting married...lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
On 1/8/2009 at 11:06 PM, RogerDuke said:

Great way ta look at it Cousin Roger. Plus the fake minis saved that many more REAL Chargers from biting the dust too.

• 11 months later...

I’m a huge duke fan from Australia have watched every episode from the very beginning I can see how season 7  is lacking care in production, but I love it too much to care and I just enjoy the show . It was a shame about the fake car models but the dukes had a good run of 7 years which is more than I can say about the crap that’s on our TV sets  theses days . Any how love the dukes forever. 

Edited by Benduke01

On 8/10/2021 at 6:16 AM, Benduke01 said:

I’m a huge duke fan from Australia have watched every episode from the very beginning I can see how season 7  is lacking care in production, but I love it too much to care and I just enjoy the show . It was a shame about the fake car models but the dukes had a good run of 7 years which is more than I can say about the crap that’s on our TV sets  theses days . Any how love the dukes forever. 

+1 !!