Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

Luke smiled weakily to her sighing,"Lori, we need to talk again."

Lori nodded and said,"ok what about?"

Luke sighed, he hated like heck to tell her,"Well, theres a new class of new Smoke Jumpers likely needing help to teach them until Im able to build up the strenght in my leg to be able to take landing on it again."

Lori nodded,"Ok?"

Luke sighed again,"I'll be gone at least for a couple weeks of the class from early Monday morning until late Friday afternoon."

Lori looked to the ground then back to him,"S;long as I know you wont get yerself killed, I'll be fine."

Luke looked to her in astonishment, Lori looked to Luke and sighed,"Ill call and tell Todd to not schedule me for any shows on that day then and I will have to reschedule my doctor's appointment too."

Luke nodded. Lori got up and walked to the back bedroom, turning on the lights she hollered to him,"Luke supper's in the oven I pu tit up fer ya."

He smiled and went to go get it.

Hours later when it was time for Little Luke to go to bed Luke and Lori............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at Cooter's B.L...................

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hours later when it was time for Little Luke to go to bed Luke and Lori were pretty much ready for bed too. Luke wanted to leave early in the morning to go to Base Camp. Lori and Little Luke would be going with him. He wanted them to meet his 'other family' his team. He'd worked hard to get a good bunch of people and they were as close as many families. He was proud of them and of Lori, Luke, and the new baby, but he knew he'd have a bit of explaining to do since they all knew Dixie and Jesse.

Lori waited til Luke fell asleep, then she quietly removed his arm off her gently, she got up and drug the box out she picked it up lugging it to the small closet.Luke opened an eye and looked to the clock,"Lori its close to 1:00 in the morning, baby i know you like cleaning but tonight?"

Lori quickly jolted up,"L..Luke, im not cleaning just go back to sleep honey!!"

Luke looked confused and did so.Lori climbed back in staring at the ceiling.

~~~~~~~~~

the next morning....

The next morning the only thing Lori found to wear that fit her decently was a larger pair of jeans and a maternity shirt. Luke had put on jeans and one of his Smoke Jumper shirts. He had gotten Little Luke ready and they were waiting on Lori to finish getting ready.

Once she was ready Luke took his seat in the driver's seat of Midnight Rider and drove to Base Camp. He decided to get the business part of this visit over with before he went to find 'the team', so the first stop was in the Administration section of the Base Camp. Lori and Little Luke waited while Luke was given a physical and the Doctor looked ver his medical records.

The Doctor said, "Luke that was a pretty nasty break. But, from what I can tell you seemed to have healed well enough to jump again. But, I would like for you to work with the next team while they do their jump training to make sure that you can handle the landings. I can see you after each week to see if you need to continue working with the trainees or if I can clear you to return back to you team."

Luke nodded. Randy had prepared him for this possiblility. He knew better than to peeve Doc off or it would be that much longer before he could jump again. "Thanks, Doc. I'll go set it up with Randy to be here when they start the jump trianing."

Doc nodded and wished Luke well as he walked back into the waiting room where Lori was looking at a magazine.

Luke asked, "Well, are you all ready to make some rounds?" The first stop was administration to change contact information. Working in the office that day was a mother to one of the jumpers. She was about sixty with a beehive hair do and glasses straight from teh sixties. Luke walked into the office.

Brenda spotted him, "Well, Look what the cat drug in! We thought you had deserted us!"

Luke smiled, "Brenda I can you get me the form to change my emergency contact information? Then, I'll introduce you to my 'friends'." Luke said causally. Brenda gave him the form and for the first time noticed that this wasn't Luke's wife but she had only met her once or twice. Luke continued, "This is my son, Luke and my girlfriend Lori."

Brenda had the good graces not to ask what happened to the wife. She had been here too long and seen too much to even act surprised. She did spot rather quickly that Luke's girlfriend sure appeared pregnant again.

After the standard greetings. Luke had completed the form and moved on to the teams area of the base. Luke again wanted to get the business over with first, so he addressed Randy as he stepped into the room, "Ok, Randy, I know you talked to Doc. set me up to help train the rookies."

Randy grinned, "You think I can influence that crazy doctor? But, I do have you scheduled as their lead trainer and I'll see you bright and early Monday morning."

Luke ribbed, "Hey, just who died and left you boss around here?"

Randy replied, "The one who decided to hit the ground at about 70 mph and is in here asking all the questions." He said meaning Luke.

Luke saw the others gathering around near by the office to see when he was coming back. Luke looked at Lori, Little Luke and Randy then said, "Well, the thundering herd is forming out there."

Randy replied, "Yeah, they will all be glad when you're back."

Luke said, "Is that a complaiment or what?"

Randy replied, "It's an 'Or What'. I know I'll be glad when you're back."

They all walked out to the ready room. Luke was surrounded by the team and being asked a million questions from "How are you?", "When are you coming back?", and more. Luke had did his best to answer the questions and finally got them settled down to introduce Lori to them. "Ok, ok, listen up. First, I want all you to meet my son Luke and my girlfriend Lori." Then he turned to Lori, "I'd lilke ya'll to meet the best group of people I've ever worked with. You've met Randy." He pointed to the others as he went, "These are Bugs, Steve, Ryan, Casey and Lisa." Luke knew he was missing one stray lamb. He'd likely be here before Luke left.

Needless to say Lori was a bit surprised to see the two very atletic women a few years yuonger than her being included in the introductions of the team.

She.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: This post was written as entertainment only. I don't know as much as I'd like to about the SmokeJumpers other than I admire the hard work they do. I thought it was fantastic in the Dukes Reunion to make Luke a Smoke Jumper becasue in the show he had been a paratrooper in Vietnam so the progression was natural. The qualifications and the possibilities of being able to jump again after such an injury are unknow to me. As I said, it is written for entertainment and I have not researched these issues.

She looked and smiled, with her southern hospitality. Shaking their hands Luke walked her out to Midnight Rider, happy that he'd want her to mee tthe guys AND girls. Lori smiled to him and said,"And you planned on telling me I was making a mistake by calling them all GUYS when?"

Luke knew what she meant and hung his head,"Well now they've been here fer quite a time, now when me and Dixie were together she felt a little insecurre at first, so I expect you to too, but if I didn't step out on Dixie with one of them do you expect me to with you?"

Lori took that into consideration,"Nope!"

Luke smiled hugging her before they left to go home.

Luke helped Lori get in, it embarrassed her that here soon she wont be able to even get that far in the car. Luke msiled to himself waving to everyone as they left. As they drove down the road, Luke pulled the car over as Lori stuck her head out the window to upchuck her innerds out. Luke rubbed her back, as she climbed back through the window, he smiled to her and put his hand, after shifting gears, on her knee.

They arrived home and Little Luke began,"WOW!!!! Daddy that was a cool place!!! I want to be jus tlike you when I get older!!!"

Lori looked to Little Luke then to Luke,"Well honey, job wise you can, but other than that, I dont think the world's ready to handle another.."

She whispered only to were Luke could hear,"Side show stud."

Luke eyed Lori and smacked her on the rear-end shooing her up the steps. Little Luke stayed downstairs with Cooter to 'help' him with the cars. Only to pester him. Luke closed the door, Lori went and changed into one of her 'big' flannel shirts, she hated maternity clothes. she took her jeans off, getting comfortable, the big flannel shirt went past her knees.

Luke smiled to her and..........

Luke smiled to her and said, "Ya know you kinda cute there!" He knew he was asking for it but he just had to say it. She happened to be standing in the kitchen barefooted with only the big flannel shirt on.

Lori glared, "Don't you dare tell me my 'place' is at home, barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen, Luke Duke or I'll give you an attitude adjustment just for thinking it!"

Laughing, Luke said, "I didn't say that, I just said you looked cute!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back at the farm, Dixie had gotten her set of divorce papers. She had Little Jesse had gotten all moved in and settled into the new trailer, but tonight she felt like she needed company. "Jesse how would you like to go see Uncle Jesse for supper?"

"Maybe he's fixin' ribs!" The youngster said.

Dixie smiled at her son looking so much like his father, "Yeah, he just might be. I fixed a cake for desert. Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse could tell by Dixie's expression that something was wrong and that she needed to talk. "Something wrong?"

Dixie nodded 'no', her eyes said 'yes' but she replied, "No, I just got these in the mail."

Jesse knew she needed to talk after supper. He nodded his understanding.

Lori snickered,"Yea well get use to seeing me like this more often, cause Im sorry, but those tight fittin' jeans just aint cuttin it no more!"

Luke laughed and walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her. "Don't think I'd have it any other way really!"

Lori chuckled softly, she pulled out her pans and began to cook, lord if only Luke had a camera at that time, he'd love to take her picture!

Lori could hear little luke downstairs saying,"Hey coot, dont ya think yer putting that in the wrong way??"

"Hey coot, that dont go there does it?"

Cooter looked to him and dropped his wrench, propping his heads in his hand. Luke chuckled and hollered to him,"Hey son!! come on up here and help me do something!"

Little Luke nodded and climbed up. Luke looked to him and said,"C'mon and help me work on Midnight Rider."

Little Luke nodded heading downstairs tro help his daddy, Luke smiled to Lori and kissed her before he went downstairs. Lori...........

Lori smiled listening to Luke and Little Luke downstairs working on Midnight as she went back to cooking dinner. She looked down at herself as she stood there at the stove and giggled again thinking about Luke saying he wished he had a camera because she was cute standing there at stove in her big flannel shirt and bare feet. She muttered to herself amused

"Bare foot and pregnant"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Duke farm dinner was over and the kitchen cleaned up, Jesse looked at Dixie waiting for her to tell him what was on her mind concerning the divorce papers.

Dixie started..........

Dixie started by sending Little Jesse out to play with Bo's children. Once there was only Jesse, Bo, Daisy and Beth in the kitchen, she placed the envelope on the table with copies of her petition foe divorce and Luke's response. It also contained the date for the divorce hearing. "Uncle Jesse, I know you don't believe in divorce. I know I never wanted it to come to this. It doesn't look like he's coming back. I really can't see staying married to him, but if I go through with it, then he's free to be with Lori."

Jesse heard the mixed emotions statement. "Dixie like I've told you all from the beginning. What you all do is your buisness. You are right, in my day, when such things happened, and they did, you worked it out."

"How?" Dixie asked.

Jesse smiled, "There are ways, but then there is no guarantees either. If you want Luke back you may need to go after him. If you only want to prevent him from being with Lori, then it would be worse on you both and the children if you just stayed married to keep him from moving on."

Dixie nodded, "That is what I thought at first too, but the closer the end gets the more I wonder if I'm doing this for the right reasons."

Jesse added, "Only you know your reasons and feelings. Honey you two lived here for five years, but what went on between you two was your business unless either of you involved us."

"I know that and I for one appreciate that you all didn't take sides when we had problems. Thanks, ya'll." Dixie said.

Daisy asked, "Say why don't you two stay here tonight?"

Dixie replied, "Yeah I think I will."

Luke smiled and took Little Luke to the back to the bathroom sayin to Lori, "Honey, when I get done I need to start packing a few things for next week. Where is the suitcases?"

Lori had completely forgot about the box she put in small closet. "They are in the small closet." She had several things on her mind right now. Luke leaving for a week, the new baby, his divorce, several songs she should be working on, what Dixie was 'wanting' from the divorce, and her new contract.

After cleaning up they all enjoyed supper together, then Little Luke went to play in his room for awhile. Lori was picking upthe kitchen as Luke figured it was as good atime as anyto get his things together. He opened the small closet to get a suitcase or duffle bag which he preferred. As he was looking around for what he wanted he managed to hit something which caused an avalache of items. One of which was the box Lori had put in the closet the night before. As Luke bent down to pick up the spilled items from the box he noticed a picture of Lori and Billy Ray. Luke looked at teh picture a full minute before asking, "AH, Lori, what's this that spilled out in the closet?"

Lori..................

Pulling at Hazzard for the first time in ages, Billy Ray Johnson. Last time he was here he was leaving Lori behind him in a cloud of dust, God knows he still loves her, but his old highschool flame wanted to get together with him and so he left Lori, Billy Ray never meant to hurt her but he found out that he didn't love his old highschool flame, so he decided to come looking for Lori, unaware of the trouble she and Luke has been through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori dropped the glass she was holding, cursing under her breath she cleaned the glass up going to the bedroom were Luke held the picture. Lori looked down and bit her lip, she swallowed real hard before answering,"It's ahh, just.... some old..memories I reckon."

Luke gently put the picture back in the box, cleaning up the mess he had made. He then got up and crossed his arms looking to Lori,"I thought...uh you uh burnt all this. least thats what you told me."

Lori looked to Luke clasping her hands in front of her face,"Im sorry Luke, I never did, I couldn't. Now dang it, you can't tell me that if that was yers and Dixie's old memories, would you burn them?"

Luke thought hardon that question and replied,"Well no I wouldn't. Please tell me you don't love him."

Lori crossed her arms looking to Luke,"Tell me you dont love Dixie."

Luke couldn't do that, so he began packing and gently pushed the box out of his way. Lori picked it up and sat it on the bed. Luke looked to her and asked,"Please tell me we ain't gonna start fighting."

Lori looked to him and said,"No we ain't. But just don't jump to the conclusion that I still love Billy Ray, I love you Luke and if I didn't, I'd be out there looking for him."

Luke smiled and got up to kiss her. They heard a car pull up downstairs. Luke walke dout smiling to Lori and went downstairs but what he saw was someone that looked like trouble, Billy Ray. Luke glared at him............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at Cooter's B.L ..............................

Meanwhile at Cooter's B.L stood in front of the full length mirror examining herself critically she was becoming as big as a house at least she thought so. Turning this way and that she groaned and folded her arms glaring at her own reflection muttering....

"I'm as big as a house."

Konrad just happened to be in the bathroom that connected to their bedroom and came up behind her putting his arms around her waist linking his fingers on top of her growing belly.

"You are not big as a house, your beautiful..." he smirked at her in the mirror and continued.

"Ya could stand some meat on ya bones, ya skinny as a fence post."

B.L smiled a little and leaned back against his chest she would normally smack him for his teasing but that didn't bother her at the moment because he thought she was still beautiful even if she didn't have a tiny waist anymore at the moment.

Luke glared at him and asked as he hit the bottom of the outside steps, "Look what the cat drug in. What are you doing back in town?"

Cooter was under the hood of a car, but heard Luke's annoyed voice. He raised up and headed toward the outside to see who Luke was talking to in such a manner. He hoped it wasn't a costomer. He saw.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upstairs Lori hadn't heard Luke or Billy Ray...............

He saw Billy Ray. He looked disgusted and walked back in, Luke yelled upstairs with a strain in his voice, you could see the veins in his neck,"LORI!!! YOU HAVE A VISITOR DARLIN!!!!"

Billy Ray looked to Luke and looked down, well Lori has found someone now he thought. Lori heard Luke and pulled on her jeans and walked outside, when Billy Ray saw her, he thought he saw an angel,"L..Lori? is that you??"

Whne Lori heard that raspy, velvet voice she looked up and stopped dead,"Billy Ray??? wh...what are you doing back?"

Billy Ray looked around to Luke who stomped off into the garage,"T' see you!"

Lori walked down and stood in front of him her eyes had met his once more,"Billy, why?? why did you come back? I have a child, and anotheron the way, and I have a man that I do truley love, it's been he-- fer us both and I ain't about to screw it up."

Billy Ray looked to her and smiled smoothing her hair back, she let tears fall from her eyes, He gently kissed her temple and ran his finger down her nose like he use to. Luke saw it and.............

Luke saw it and came charging out of the garage with a wrench in his hand intent on knocking the hell out of Billy Ray. Lucky for Billy Ray just then B.L and Konrad pulled up at the garage to see what was going on there both had wanted to get out of the house for a while. Konrad saw Luke heading for a guy that was running his finger down Lori's nose and looked to B.L asking

"Who's that with Lori?"

B.L glared murderously at the guy that had broken Lori's heart when he'd left her for his old girlfriend the night before their wedding and answered through gritted teeth.

"Billy Ray, Lori's ex fiance he ran off with his old highschool flame the night before their wedding!"

Just then Konrad saw what Luke had in his hand as he came toward Billy Ray and jumped out of the car to intercept his cousin before he did something that would end him up in jail.

B.L got out from the other side of the car and went toward Lori and Billy Ray murder in her own eyes she was going to give Billy Ray a piece of her mind! She started screaming and cussing him about ten steps away from them...

"YOU LOW DOWN DIRTY S.i*&^% WHAT IN THE NAME OF h*&^ ARE YOU DOING BACK AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO LORI?! *^%#$ (&%#@# !#%&*() ((*&$#$#" She finished by using a string of cuss words her family probably didn't even know she knew. Konrad was too busy trying to keep Luke at bay to notice his wife cussing a blue streak.

Cooter had also moved quickly to where Konrad was trying to intercept Luke. He jumped in front of Luke and took the wrench out of his hand but not without a lot of effort. "Luke, Da-- It! Stop it before you get Rosco over here!"

Luke had let Cooter take the wrench back, but he was by no means any calmer, "Cooter we're friends, but you best move!" He didn't like the scene he was seeing beyond Cooter and he was intent on stopping it.

Cooter stood firmly in front of Luke,"I know we're friends, thats why I ain't moving!"

Luke glared at Cooter and tried to push his way through the two men, B.L pushed Billy Ray away from Lori,"NO ONE HURTS MY COUSIN AS BAD AS YOU DID, BUT ME!!!!!!"

B.L. brung her fist back and slugged Billy Ray a good one. Lori saw Rosco and thought fast,"B.L, Luke calm down!!! Billy Ray GO!!!!!!! git outta here!!!!"

Billy Ray nodded and crawled back to his car and sped off. Lori looked to the three men,"Cooter, Konrad, just ease up some fellers, sos Rosco dont think nothing is wrong."

Cooter nodded, and Luke..........

Cooter nodded, and Luke louder, "Calm down HELL! You know you've got some da-- nerve, Lori. You pitch a Bi---, if I so much as think of Dixie, yet you stand there in front of Me and LET him touch you like that!" He had half a mind to go after Billy Ray, but he figured that Billy Ray's time would come.

Cooter was still standing in between Luke and Lori.

Lori rolled her eyes,"Ohhhhh yea, you was the one that snuck out to see Dixie and wouldn't even tell me, then had enogh nerve to come back home and crawl in the bed with ME!!!! god knows what ya'll done!!!!!"

Luke looked to her and shook his head,"WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING THAT NIGHT!!! THATS WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE ITS DONE AND HAPPENED GET OVER IT!!"

Lori flew mad and headed straight for him, B.L stopped her,"WHATEVER LUKE!!!! SPOSE YOU WANNA FORGET THIS YOUNGIN TOO!!!!!, WHAT IS IT WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE TOO!!!!"

Lori backed away from B.L. and looked to Luke,"stay the hell away from me."

She stormed back up to the top and flung everything she could get her hands on, Luke heard it and shook his head, he had to do something, she'd kill herlself and the baby, he marched up there and said..............

He marched up there and said frankly, "I made my choice. I was YOU. In case you forgot I love you and the kids, but I'm not going to stand there and watch him try to get you back and NOT do something about it. I'm going out and give you time to make your choice. If you care anything about him, you better HOPE I don't run into him!" He picked up the keys to the loaner which just happened to be a 1972 Road Runner much like Daisy's old car. Cooter had worked on the engine and it was HOT!

Lori thought quick and bit her lip,"Luke, please don't. God you'll hurt yerslef or kill someone!!! Luke, I never meant to let him touch me!!!! GOD!!! I MAKE ONE MISTAKE LIKE THIS AND EVERYTHING TURNS TO BE MY FAULT!! BUT NO IF YOU WERE EVER CAUGHT WITH DIXIE, NOTHING AT ALL WOULD BE YER FAULT IT SOME HOW END UP MINE!!!!!!!!"

Lori slowly walked to hers and Luke's room, and sat on the bed. she got the box and opened it..........

~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke shook his head and went down to get into the loaner, pulling out he was thinking of Dixie and Lori, he thought of whne he first saw Lori when they were little kids, he'd always liked her. Then he thought of when he first saw Dixie too...... He caught up with Billy Ray.............

He caught up with Billy Ray at the Boar's Nest. Luke saw the car. He parked the loaner, got out, and walked in the Boar's Nest. Luke was looking for trouble and he'd just found it setting at the bar. He walked over to the bar and layed his hand on Billy Ray's shoulder, "I'm telling you once and for all, Lori and I are together. We've got a son together and in case you are wondering, she's carrying MY baby!" Luke glared. He was ready for what ever Billy Ray had.

Billy Ray turned around, and glared back to Luke,"I didn't come back to cause no trouble now Duke, so back off!!!"

Luke brung his fist back and plowed it in Bill Ray's face. Rosco just happened to walk in to see the fight.He walked over to Luke and pulled him off Billy Ray. Billy Ray ran like the chicken he was, and drove to his old house. Luke had the cuffs on him and he was already out the door. Rosco shook his head,"Shame shame everyone knows yer name now Luke!! can't you learn t' leave well enough alone?"

Luke scoffed the question off and go tin the patrol car, Lori would have a field day with this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori pulled out a note that Billy Ray had wrote to her, it says:

Dear Lori,

I heard what Luke did to you, and I don't blame you for breaking up with him, I seen you looked depressed today and I wanted to cheer you up, Lori I gotta tell ya something it hurt me to know that you and Luke had been dating and I wanted to say I love you, More than Luke ever will. For two years I wondered if you ever felt the same way for me. Well I gotta go, meet me after school please.

Love,

Billy Ray Johnson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori smiled and wiped the tear from her eyes, she remembered that Luke had went out on her with Robin and Lori caught them. Billy Ray and her had started dating that day and Luke had gotten mad because Lori had found another boyfriend. Lori remembered that he stayed with her til he left for the Navy. When he came back he had asked Lori to marry him, and Lori accepted. THye were to be married a couple of months away and all that time, Billy Ray had been sneaking off to see Bessy Lou McCraken, one of the McCraken sisters, she was his old highschool flame before Lori and Lori had found out, Billy Ray left her the day of their wedding and Lori was devasted, never trusting any other man with her heart, after what Luke had done and now Billy Ray.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lori quickly snapped back into reality and though, the day before her and Luke broke up he had given her a necklace, that was in the shape of a heart with little diamonds in it. Lori began digging through a box of her's and Luke's old things, she pulled the necklace out and dusted it off putting it on. It still fit her good. She heard the phone ring and answered it, it was Luke..........