Does your hometown remind you of Hazzard County?

LoriDavenport

Do you hav things in your hometown thats named like some of the places in hazzard or do you know people like the ones who live in hazzard? well i would have never believed it if i hadnt seen it fer myself, today as i was driving through downtown hazard, i saw a speed limit sign that the spped limit changes!!! the sign says spped limit 35 mph, you can go to that sign and actually peel the three off and theres another number in under the three! someone was tryin to put a speedtrap there lol i wonder who? lol

my town is alot like hazzard. we have a police man who people call Barney Fife and another people dall Enos.lol "Barney Fife" actually pulled my dad over yesterday for doing 38 in a 35. no joke.lol. it is small w/ alot of nice people and everybody knows everybody and news spreads fast.lol 3 people asked me about my dad's speeding ticket today and it's only a little past noon.lol

The thing that reminds me the most of Hazzard around here is the dirt roads. My dad reminds me of Uncle Jesse (minus the beard). He's an old redneck who would rather be outside than in...and yes...he drives a white Ford pick-up!!! We only have one cop in town and one traffic light (that's one less cop and one more light than Hazzard has). I wish we had a square and gazebo like Hazzard does. That always adds a nice Hazzard-like touch to a small town. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

I think all the time about how much my home county reminds me of Hazzard in alot of ways. LOL then yesterday I discovered my oldest cousin on my Dad's side has been climbing in and out his truck window (the latch is messed up and it's hard to close once it's open). Unknown to me and my Dad my gramma had asked cuz earlier in the week when she saw him climb out the window if he'd been watching Dukes of Hazzard too much and my Dad asked the same thing yesterday when we saw him climb out so i just had to ask my gramma if he got back in the same way when I got to her house this morning. We have one parttime cop in my actual town the main town where everybody does their shopping has a buncha Enos's though lol where I actually get my mail from has nothing but 2 gas stations,bank,post office and volunteer fire department and no traffic lights lol you can actually walk down main street and not be afraid of getting run over by a car.....

Well, I live in what has to be the most Southern town in Northern Michigan...and I don't mean geographically.

We have one stop light in the middle of town. We are quite proud of it...gives us the big twn mentality. What really reminds me of Hazzard is the fact that everone knows everyone here on a first name basis. Many of the people in our town have Southern origins and being out in the country, there are always people fishing in the river, or mud bogs, or as our road is famous for, drag races. We have 3 schools all together and I do mean all together. There are all sorts of farms here and it's not uncommon to look out the window and see a coon or a deer gracing us with their presence.

I suppose the thing that most reminds me of Hazzard though is the Confederate Flag. You find it lots of places here.

Y'll got to go the this little town in Kentucky you drive down the street and there's no cops. And the first time my dad looked around he said "This place reminds me of Mayberry". You can park on the city streets all day and wihout be worried your going to get a parking ticket. I got pictures of places to prove this but I can't send because I don't how to upload pictures right now.

Y'll got to go the this little town in Kentucky you drive down the street and there's no cops. And the first time my dad looked around he said "This place reminds me of Mayberry". You can park on the city streets all day and wihout be worried your going to get a parking ticket. I got pictures of places to prove this but I can't send because I don't how to upload pictures right now.

thats exactly right, but you cant walk off the sidewalks!!! for people who like to be hot rods they will run over you!!! Like i said we've got the changing speed limit sign, which people has been pulled over for. and we have our rebel flags too. Like Daisymae said everyone knows everyone on a first name basis. Everything tends to run a little smooth down here. Up until we get people who want to be like Bo and Luke and think they're invincible and can drive their cars just as fast as Bo and Luke does, and wraps the dang thang around a tree. We dont have a gazeebo though in the middle of our town square but we do have a tank, and an ampli-theatre, and a fountain, well we do have a gazeebo but its not in our town square lol.

Hey lukefan, It wasn't a good idea that you put it on the Hazzardnet that you have a tank in the middle of Hazard. You know, ever since Hard Luck Jones got in trouble with making moonshine (episode: Follow That Still) he's been looking for another vehicle. What better place to hotwire it than your town (even though it only has one Z)

Hey lukefan, last night, I was thinking about this question that you have posted here. I wasn't exactly in my hometown but I was in the closest small city near it. I went to a minor league baseball game (Erie Seawolves in Pennsylvania). Between innings of course they do various things like playing music. They played "What was I thinking?" and I got to hear the part "hood sliding like Bo Duke". It was awesome. Even a city like Erie can remind a feller of the dirt roads of Hazzard County from time to time. LOL I'm gone.

My city is completely different from Hazzard (sigh!): well, we never had traffic lights and where there were at the limit of the place, they recently take them off for rounds.

We rarely see some policemen, surely we'd need more; and we haven't dusty roads but lots of crazy guys that runs with cars or motorcicly to higher speed!

Sorry lukefan, we've gotten off the subject here but I owe Morgan an apology. I'm so embarressed. I knew Milan was in Italy (isn't it the fashion capitol of the world?) I can't believe I said France. I'm going to go bury my head in the sand now. I'm gone.

Haha thats alright Rogerduke, ive gotten off subject on more than one occasion, no big deal.

When it rains it pours down here in hazard!!!!! were we live at, on a mountain, ti came a severe thunderstorm and it struck our freakin house!!! i was outside, in under our METAL roof, i wouldnt happen to know whos big hairbrained idear that was, and it struck our house!! im still kicking though!!! so my electricity was knocked out and gone fer ohh say 6 hours!!!! I love quiet but i missed my dukes of hazzard reunion movie which got me madder than a disturbed hornets nest!!!