Welcome Back Lori

LoriDavenport

this is the sequel to AWhiskey Runner's Romance, if youve read the first story then you'll love this one.

for cued memebers only please:Me, DaisyMaeDuke, BoJamesDuke, DxieDavenport(if she still wants to) here we go!!!!

Lori D. Miller, country music singer extrodinaire, was on her way to Hazzard County to perform a show.It was her farewell tour and her manager had booked her for her hometown.She was asleep on her tour bus, she'd been thinking about Luke, she couldn't keep him off her mind still, no matter how much she drank or sang. Ever since her marriage and divorce she couldn't keep him out of her head, and especially what she would do to her ex-bestfriend, Luke's old flame, Candy Dix. She was the main reason her and Jack Miller got a divorce. Now when you remembered Lori she looked more like a teenager, she wasn't though, she was childish and immature. Now she's changed emotionally and physically. She wasn't going to be the prettiest or most healthiest in Hazzard, Daisy was. But she placed second by far, unless her cousin Dixie changed.

She had went to Nashville the second time around she left Hazzard, to do a showcase were a talent scout had observed her in the Boar's Nest one night. While Lori was in Nashville making country music hits, She met Jack, Jack Miller, a modern day heartbreaker, the looks and the attitude. He decided that he wanted to settle down, or to put it at an angle, use you for your money and drop you, truth was he was married to Candy! (thats one of the dilemmas in this story) When Lori and Jack got married, it took Lori four years to notice what he was doing to her. She walked around the backstage of a show her and Candy both were doing, Lori over-heard Candy and Jack talking. They were saying how dumb Lori was to not even know that Jack and Miss Dix or should I said,Miss Miller, was married. Lori walked around and said,"Well. it's like Cooter always says, i might be crazy but i ain't dumb." Lori went home and started snooping around she had found Jack's and Candy's marriage license. She told Jack she wanted a divorce and had told him that she wasn't stupid she knew about him and Candy. Lori and Jack had filed for a divorce and when it was finalized, she was Lori Davenport again and she loved it. Her manager had said that her record label didn't want to produce music by Lori Davenport, they wanted music by Lori Miller, Lori told them to shove it and her manager had booked her last show at Hazzard, her hometown, which is were shes at right now as you already know.

She dreamed she wouldn't have to tell Luke or hope that Candy wouldn't show up. The memories of Luke still haunted her. It's like she said,"I fell inlove with him, and now, i can't fall out of love with him.

When she had finally arrived in Hazzard she woke up and asked her driver were she was at, when he told her, she looked around out of the windows, people running towards the bus and looking and talking. Her driver asked her were the closest mechanic was at, she had smiled and said,"Well, ya see that'd be just around the corner here, it's my cousin's garage. When Lori had stepped out her long, tanned legs shined in the Hazzard county sun. She put on her big sunglasses and her sun hat to keep the wind from blowing her long brunette hair in a mess. she was in a yellow, strapless sundress and white open toed high-heels. She said,"S'cuse me, I'm looking for Cooter Davenport," Cooter jolted up, hitting his head on the car hood, noting that familiar voice, but when Cooter looked up he didn't see a little immature cousin, what he saw was a fully grown mature-in-all-aspects woman. His eyes widened and his mouth dropped to the ground,"L....L....Lori?!!! Dang, is that you?!!" Cooter said in amazement. Lori laughed and said,"Well I sures to heck ain't the easter bunny." They bothed laughed and shook their heads.Cooter looked at her and asked her what she was doing in Hazzard and she told him it was her farewell tour and ..... before she could get a word in Cooter had already popped the question,"Well now that you're here yous ain't going no weres, you're staying here." Lori shooked her head and sighed,"Cooter, you know what happened last time now i don't want no reoccuring incidents."Cooter laughed and said,"Well, don't you worry your pretty little head none, there won't be no reoccuring incidents." Cooter asked Lori if she wanted him to show them were his farm was at, Lori already knowing the way, sos they could hide the bus until the show. Lori accepted and she got back on her bus and Cooter hopped in his tow-truck and pulled out, the big grey-hound like bus following behind. As they were driving down the road The General Lee came racing towards them being chased by Enos none the less, when they almost hit the bus, the bus swirved and skidded to the side of the road, Lori running up front had asked her driver what was all that about and as she looked out the front window she saw Enos,Cooter,Bo and Luke..... Lori stopped and swallowed really hard and set down. Cooter opened the door to the bus Lori said,"COOTER... I CAN''T!!!" Cooter looked at her and then to Luke and shook his head, holding his hand out to take Lori's so she could step off the bus, he said,"C'mon now," Lori shook her head and put her hat and over-sized sunglasses and took hold of Cooter's hand and stepped out to were everyone could see her.......

I wonder if ole' Candy and Jack knows were Lori's at, there is still an on-going fued between the three, what Lori doesn't know is that Jack and Candy both are out to get her. But what Luke doesn't know is that he's alll apart of the master plan to get Lori, Candy knows just exactly what shes got planned is sure enough to work.

AND, I wonder if that note Lori wrote to Luke, changed their relationship any??? hmm makes you wonder don't it?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo remained sat in the General Lee where he had skidded to a stop, glancing to Luke as Enos started heading for the patrol car about the same time he saw Lori get out the tour bus.

He groaned a little and shook his head...Luke may have forgiven Lori after reading the note that Lori had written but Bo was still mad at her for making Luke become as down as he had been. He had no reason to believe she had changed...instead of an immature little girl now, she was an immature spoilt rich girl to him.

He glanced to Luke and said with a smirk

"You take Lori, i'm handling Enos"

With that, he jumped out the General and stalked right past Lori without even a hello, heading to Enos as he walked towards him and turning him back to the patrol car.

Lori rolled her eyes not even caring really, she shot a look to Cooter and mumbled under her voice,"Told ya i shouldnt have gotten off Cooter, would ya listen to me,NOOOO!!!" she looked away and shook her head yes and headed back on the bus. Cooter looked at Luke and smiled,"Yea, we're fine maybe a little shooken up and HATEFUL, but fine." Cooter looked on the bus as Lori sat there looking out the window with her arms crossed saying how much she wished she wouldnt have came back now. she looked at Cooter and sighed,"Well i might have been gone fer a while but i still know the way to the farm, she smirked at him and shook her head.

Lori looked up and saw a car pull up right in behind the bus as she looked back there she saw a disgusting site, Candy Dix and JACK!!!! Lori got off the bus one foot still on the step she swung around the door and looked as they got out. Her mouth dropped and Lori looked to Cooter who was shaking his head,"Ohh Boy...." Lori's face got blood red and she was ready to kill someone. Seeing these two together Lori knew she was being followed. But what she didn't know was what them two had planned, Lori clenched her teeth together, shaking with anger and looked at Cooter and said,"I think it be best i headed to the farm Cooter, make sure they dont know which way to go." Lori winked at Cooter, he knew what she meant. Lori stepped back on the bus and looked out the window.

balladeer:Welp sure is good to know nothings changed, yet...

Lori shook her head she stepped off the bus and walked back to were Candy and Jack was, She looked at them and said in disgust,"Well, well, well lookie here, looks like we've got us trouble in town." Lori rolled her eyes and looked at Jack and smirked,"Whatever you've got up your sleeves this time Jack ole' boy, It aint even gonna work..." Cooter shook his head to Luke and walked off to were Lori was at, now Lori don't start something you can't finish."Candy had said with a smirked and raised her eyebrows. Lori drew her fist,"Why you little......" Cooter grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Cooter looked at them two and said," What are ya'll doing here?" Candy smiled and looked at Jack, "Why me and my "brother" here are paying a special visit to one of my dearest friends, Luke." Jack laughed and looked at Lori and winked. Jack said,"Why, we wouldnt miss, Lori's show for the world" and walked over with Candy. Lori looked at Cooter and said,"Well, if its got something to do with Luke, you can bout guess what they've got planned." "Luke'd be too blinded by love though to see whats right infront of him, i ain't even gonna warn him let him be the one to get hurt not me." Lori said and got on the bus, she opened the window and told Cooter she was off to the Boar's Nest to prepare for her show. Lori whatched as Candy worked her charm on Luke

(BJD and DMD, if ya'll want to be Jack and Candy you can, sorry."

Candy soon found herself closing the gap as Luke walked towards her, flinging herself into his open arms and wrapping her arms around him. She had forgotten quite how nice Luke's strong arms felt around her...she hadn't felt that since the last time she had left Hazzard....the connection between them was still there...

Jack rolld his eyes thinking to himself," well if things dont go way ive got em planned, then hehehe......." meanwhile Enos talked to Bo,"Gee Bo im awfully sorry but i gotta give ya this here speeding ticket, Enos got side tracked and forgot the ticket,"Man it sure is good to see Lori again, that shows gonna be awesome, whos that??" Enos said looking at luke and candy.

Candy soon had her head rested on Luke's shoulder and her eyes had closed as Luke rocked her softly from side to side and his chin was rested on top of her head. Her arms were wrapped securly round his waist and his round hers...it felt so right...she hadn't felt this since they had last met...

Bo meanwhile watched as Enos got distracted and he quietly slipped Enos' ticket book out his hand and threw it under the patrol car while he was. He then smiled, ignoring the comment about Lori, and said,

"That there is Candy Dix..."

Enos smiled and said well i be.. I aint seen Luke look at a girl like that in.. heck idont know when, well i guess ill be headin off see ya Bo, take care. Enos walked around the patrol car and got in and drove away, not noticing were his ticket book was at. Jack breathed under his breath," The law around here is sooo gullable it ain't even funny." Jack sighed really big hoping Candy would notice and understand what he was saying.

Lori meanwhile was at the Boar's Nest, sitting down on a barstool with her head in her hands, she had her guitar, her and some of her band who had arrived earlier than her was practicing her songs she was performing. She looked around feeling at home like she use to, wishing Candy wouldn't lie to Luke, maybe Candy really did feel the same way fer him as he did her, Lori knew Candy did. Lori escepted that but couldnt get Luke or Bo to understand that. Lori shook her head and grunted, she continued playing.

Candy smiled back up at him, losing herself in his deep blue eyes that seemed to be able to dive right into her soul and capture her heart. She nodded softly and smiled

"I missed you too..."

All too soon after that, she heard the loud sigh and swallowed.

"I gotta go...i'm real busy...but...here's my number...call me when your free..." She gave him her card and kissed his cheek before heading back to her 'brother'

Jack got in the car and slammed his door shut, he started up the car and swung it around Candy not even having time to get her door shut really, Jack looked at her and asked," So thats Luke, the one Lori wouldn't shut up about, let along you talking about him, whats he got that i aint got tell me that Candy?!!" Jack snapped at Candy his charcoal eyes turning icy cold.

Bo however had noticed the way Candy had been with the other guy with her...and he had seen the common look of jealousy in the other guy's eyes as well. He didn't know what it meant so wasn't about to ruin Luke's day by mentioning it...but he was sure as hell gonna keep an eye on things...nothing was ever simple in Hazzard.

Candy shook her head with a laugh

"Oh come on it had to look real or he never would have brough it...and after a couple of dates he should be completly twisted round my finger..."

Jack smiled at her and chuckled a little,"thats my girl, i knew i fell inlove with you for a reason." Jack and Candy had checked in at the hotel, Jack held her in his arms saying," I got a great idea, hows about you and Luke go on a date tonight? To Lori's show?? im bout sure you can get him to go, we gotta find out were shes at anyways. he kissed her forehead and laid his head on top of hers.

Lori meanwhile, was helpin paint a banner to put outside of the boar's nest. she saw Daisy and and waved at her,"Hey Daisy!!!"Lori smiled having red paint all over her.