4 H's it is. Hobie Harkins and Hoss got Holly.

Buddy Holly wasn't anybody who had a career that I followed. I was a little too young for that and my parents only listened to country and western music. I thought he was only a rocker so I was surprised his motorcycle was in a country music museum but then again I don't know much about him.

Fill in the blank.

Big (blank) Hogg of Rapaho County is Boss's cousin.

1) Mike

2) Hoss

3) Bubba

4) Dan

5) Joe

I think BL's right. Dan sounds familiar from when I was looking up county names last week (otherwise I wouldn't have a clue!).

Buddy Holly wasn't anybody who had a career that I followed. I was a little too young for that and my parents only listened to country and western music. I thought he was only a rocker so I was surprised his motorcycle was in a country music museum but then again I don't know much about him.

Roger, don't forget that Waylon was the bass player in Buddy Holly's band on the Winter Dance Party Tour at the time of Holly's death in a plane crash. The crash also killed J. P. Richardson aka. The Big Bopper and Richie Valens. Waylon gave his seat on the plane to Richardson.

I'm not sure if it's the same bike, but according to this article, Buddy Holly bought a maroon and black Ariel Cyclone in 1958. His father kept it until 1970, but in 1979 a couple of The Crickets tracked it down, bought it, and presented to Waylon for his birthday.

Im sorry I missed the show earlier, but when the wife calls.... it was Big Dan Hogg, and as far as Waylon's connection with Buddy Holly, Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper and Richie Valens, all big rockers back in the day, crashed on Feb. 3, 1959. Waylon was supposed to be on that plane and gave his seat up to the Big Bopper! I imagine he and Buddy were friends, since they toured together. Waylon said ( I heard him say it on T.V.) that he and Buddy were talking before they seperated and Buddy jokingly said, " I hope you have wreck on the way to the show", or something like that, and Waylon said, " Well I hope your plane crashes". Must have been hard on Waylon after it did!

BL Davenport, Hoss and Hobie got it right.

It was Big Dan Hogg.

What new vehicle arrived in "The Runaway"?

A) The Mean Green Machine

B) Cale Yarborough's white Dodge Charger

C) Dixie Jeep

D) Rosco and Enos's three wheelers

E) Miz Tisdale's Yamaha dirt bike

F) a fake General Lee

G) the President's Limo

H) the Duke's new tractor

I) Hughie Hogg's white VW bug

J) none of the above

Yes, I believe so too.

And B) The General Lee converted to 4 wheel drive was only in the episode 'Arrest Jesse Duke'.

While E) The Mean Green Machine was never driven by any Duke.

And F) Jesse's truck is too obvious for me though very possible.

D) dirt bikes were only used by the Duke Boys in a few episodes but never for searching, only to chase bad guys or practice for a derby in Bo's case.