Double Zero

malchus

Not that I can think of. When I saw the first reunion, and heard the Double Zero being billed as the "only car to beat the General Lee" I was like, "????" It was probably a script ploy to add interest to the show.

Kinda like how in one of the Star Trek movies, we find out that Spock has a half-brother who somehow was never mentioned before and is nevah mentioned again. For that matter, Dukes of Hazzard played the same tactic in the episode "Brotherly Love" where Luke's half-brother shows up in only one episode. I don't know about y'all, but that kinda thing just bugs the heck outta me. In real life, you can't get rid of long-lost relatives that easily.

Brian

I remember seeing Double Zero in the first reunion movie and it was call the only car to beat the General Lee. Was there an original episode where double zero does this?

I just remembered something I saw last night on Ebay!! It's the 1/18 ERTL 68 Mustang GT #00. I've never seen it before. Here is the link to the Ebay page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6934966686&fromMakeTrack=true

I'm afraid that bid is gonna get too high for me....... :(

13312.jpg

Come to think of it, did the Generral lose to Lucifer in "Luke's Love Story" or does that counted since it got Hogged tied?

I don't think that counted since it wasn't a fair race and the boys main focus shifted from winning to protecting.....of course any race where the General loses has to be rigged anyhow :wink: !

P.S. I'm sorry---I forgot to Welcome you to HazzardNet! I've found this forum to be warm, inviting, and full of really down home good people. I'm very glad you came to join us!

Malchus, I shoulda welcomed you right off the bat - I got so wound up in answerin' your post, the courtesies got overlooked. Whups! A belated Welcome from me, too!

A quick note for ya'll followin' the thread on the die-cast Double Zero car... I checked www.ertltoys.com to see if I could find any more of these. No luck. The Double-Zero 1/18 seems to be hard to find. I know they came out in 2001; but ERTL's archives for the American Muscle series only goes back to 2002.

But I got good news, good news. There's another General Lee 1/18 scale diecast being produced by ERTL this year. ERTL, in their own words, say this about it:

Perhaps the most popular screen vehicle of all time, the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard received thousands of daily fan letters during the show’s run. The 1:18 scale die cast is painted General Lee Orange and wears authentic tampo-printed graphics. More than 25 secondary paint operations make this the most detailed General Lee we've ever produced. It includes a detailed 426-Hemi engine, a fully detailed interior, an opening hood and functional steering and authentic "Dukes of Hazzard" graphics. Package features exclusive graphics from the TV show "Dukes of Hazzard."

Time to go shoppin'!

Brian

Yer welcome Cap'n. =)

Of course, now I'm wonderin' here.... anybody out there ever seen a 1/18 scale General with Florida plates? Did I end up with some oddball? The box says ERTL (specifically ERTL Collectibles). The General has the push bar, the hood opens, the doors open (why they have the doors open I'll never know. LOL). The interior is black. There's a roll bar. Has the dual pipes. And Florida plates.

Man that's gonna bug me now. ROFL

Yep, someone else does have a 1/18 die cast General Lee with Florida plates and a black interior and rollbar and dual exhaust, ect. Me!

In fact, let's run a make on the plates, and see if they match. Mine has red Florida plates, with a small-digit prefix of " 10 " and then 072069. There are a couple more tiny details on the plates, but I didn't wanna go cross-eyed tryin' to read it.

This was the year 2000 issue of the ERTL 1/18 General Lee diecast.

Maybe we have the Coltrane model?? I dunno...but you ain't alone!

Brian

I was wonderin' why the 2000 verison had black interior and wrong plate. =) Deputy, I had that same door problem.

Darrell,

The you have with beige interior, did you have to put that together like a model kit? Curious because the 2002 was that type.

Hmmm... I'm wonderin' if the verison this year, will be black interior with correct plate or beige with wrong plate.

Daney

Since we're on the topic of nit-picking different models, I'd like to do my nit-picking. Why does it seem that these model companies always assume the General had a 426 Hemi? I understand that engine has respect as "King Of The Muscle Car Engines", but the General should actually be the 440, right? Also, with a 727 Torqueflight Automatic transmission, if I stand correct.

I was wonderin' why the 2000 verison had black interior and wrong plate. =) Deputy, I had that same door problem.

Darrell,

The you have with beige interior, did you have to put that together like a model kit? Curious because the 2002 was that type.

Hmmm... I'm wonderin' if the verison this year, will be black interior with correct plate or beige with wrong plate.

Daney

Daney

My black interior one has the wrong plate, as I think this was the first year ERTL production based on the regualr American Muscle series chargers. I think they were just repackeaged as the Genreral Lee.

My beige interior ones are the not the models , but the American Muscle series 1/18th with the 1/64th car and they have the correct plate.

Darrell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I keeping finding new relatives, about a eight years ago I interviewed at a Lubestop only to find out the managers name was the exact same as my dads right down to the middle name.( creepy) And then four years ago I had found through email that I have a cousin with same name as mine but a differet middle name, and I have a uncle with same name as my brothers. But this uncle of mine is poltician , so maybe someday he'll run for president. All though would be weird having your uncle being the president. The reason behind all this my Grandfather was married three time and he had my dad, uncle and aunt with my Grandmother and then he more kids but the kids didn't know about each other very strange.

• 10 months later...