I Went To Cooter's Dukes Museum

traintownofcowee

Oh yes it has moved because his old place there was a gas station...an OLD gas station renovated to become his museum. It was the 1st building on the right as you came into town but progress came to town & it has since been knocked down to build more rooms/stores/motel & so on.

They were able to have the General Lee outside & you could walk up to it & a tow truck & patrol car not to mention Daisy's Jeep but like you said at the new location just the General & the General is inside now (looks 2 b permanent to because there is a good 3 foot drop out front of the store where its located). Not to mention the fact your not able to get to it unless you pay the $ up front to have your picture taken with it. I mean you can take a picture but yer unable to really get the full car shot in.

OK I am going to try & add some pix I just went & located of the b4 & after of the old & new Cooters in Gatlinburg......

Thanks to both boluke and TomBo for posting these pictures. As I'll probably never make it there in person, these are the closest I'm likely to get. I did a bit of a virtual tour of Gatlinburg on Google Street View, and it still shows pictures of the original site. The new place was Camp Thunder when the pictures were taken (the map indicates the right place).

& sad to say here it is in a 1009 shot:

What did you expect to be there 1001 years ago? :).

I guess I have been out enjoying my ride as much as possible.

Oh Boluke I see you got to meet up with Rick while you were there....funny cause myself & my son & wife got to meet up with Sonny!

Sonny signs my visor:

DSC_9674.jpg

Sonny signing my decklid:

DSC_9687.jpg

My son gets to meet Sonny & got a car signed also:

DSC_9725.jpg

& I prob already posted this b4 but here I am outside Cooters with my decklid on my shoulder & my son is in the go-cart lol:

DSC_9696.jpg

• 1 year later...

Cooters is a great place for any Dukes fan to go. I've been to the original and the new location in Gatlinburg and I have pictures, I will post them later.

I go to Sevier County Tennessee every December :D and even if I dont get to go to Cooters I at least get to pass by once if not more. I didn't get to stop by there in 2011 but I hope to get to this year. :)

Hey Im back been a while again since I have posted but my newest baby was/is a girl, Amelia. She is now 15 months old and well a terror! lol gets into everything! so adorable though and I hope ready for a roadtrip in 3 months to Tenn and Cooters.

As always with me pix to follow!

for now take care all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Im back been a while again since I have posted but my newest baby was/is a girl, Amelia. She is now 15 months old and well a terror! lol gets into everything! so adorable though and I hope ready for a roadtrip in 3 months to Tenn and Cooters.

Have fun in Tenn! It's my fav place in the world besides Hazzard County!

Congrats!! It sounds like you've had your hands full, TomBo. Good to hear from you again!