Who Here On Hazzardnet Owns A General Lee?

traintownofcowee

I own a General Lee replica. I found my 69 Charger in a local junkyard back in 1981.I was 17.I was so into the show I wanted a General Lee bad.Luckily mine just showed up at this junkyard and I bought it for 250$.It was Flame Red orange and had Vectors for wheels by the time I graduated highschool in 1982.In fact what I owed to my dad for the car was my graduation present. It became a General Lee in 1989 when a friend of mine who is a painter and sign maker talked me into doing it as it was a challenge for him. One of the oldest replicas out there. Here are some pics.Autorama1.jpgIMG_0229.jpg

• 11 months later...

What a great idea for a thread, traintownofcowee! This was so much fun to read. TimDuke, your General looks amazing! I'm jealous! One of these days, I would love to restore a General. Yes, I agree with Captain D, if you have some pictures of the inside of the General, I would be tickled to see them. As for TomBo, once you are done with the paint job, please send some more pictures, I can't wait to see it when it's painted up!

I think a bike painted like the General Lee is awesome! If you have any pictures of that, I would love to see that! The only thing I have are models that I'm painting up of the General Lee. And a Dixie horn in a SUV. :p But, it helps!

Laura Duke

I own a General Lee replica. I found my 69 Charger in a local junkyard back in 1981.I was 17.I was so into the show I wanted a General Lee bad.Luckily mine just showed up at this junkyard and I bought it for 250$.It was Flame Red orange and had Vectors for wheels by the time I graduated highschool in 1982.In fact what I owed to my dad for the car was my graduation present. It became a General Lee in 1989 when a friend of mine who is a painter and sign maker talked me into doing it as it was a challenge for him. One of the oldest replicas out there. Here are some pics.Autorama1.jpgIMG_0229.jpg

Hey folks, a little scoop here from Julieduke this picture was taken at the Cleveland Convention possibly in 2004. Because I live in Cleveland and that is what it looks inside and I met Ben Jone the same day or even same weekend as this picture was taken.

Wait a Minute, who owns a General Lee question I got a 1/18 scale push version with all the noise and a Die-cast. Does that count as well.

That's what I was wondering, too, JulieDuke. Does a die-cast count? Plus, I have another Duke of Hazzard car that plays Dixie. :p I love it my two General Lees! I spent a year or so on it, and I haven't gotten very far on the one. Plus, I'm going to be hooking up a Dixie horn in my Chevy Blazer-can't get any closer than that combination. So, I have a good time.

Cool interior pictures, TimDuke. It does look a little different than the real General, though. Do you drive the General around a lot?

Talk to all of you soon!

Laura Duke:D

Well, even if the interior is black, and not tan-it's still an AWESOME car! Now there's one car I wish I had! You've done such a great job repairing it. And, I can't believe how nicely waxed the car looks. It's absolutely amazing, you should be so proud of it!

Boy, I sure do wish that I had one!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, TomBo, thanks again for the pictures! They are SO cool! Did you actually do all of that restoring, or are you hiring someone to do it for you? How did you find this vehicle (I take it it's a '68 Dodge Charger like in the show)? I'll say it again: I am SO jealous!!!! When you finally get it finished and start driving it around, let us know how that goes.

You HAVE to take it to Dukesfest when you finish that car! It's awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, TomBo, thanks again for the pictures! They are SO cool! Did you actually do all of that restoring, or are you hiring someone to do it for you? How did you find this vehicle (I take it it's a '68 Dodge Charger like in the show)? I'll say it again: I am SO jealous!!!! When you finally get it finished and start driving it around, let us know how that goes.

You HAVE to take it to Dukesfest when you finish that car! It's awesome!

Laura its a 69 and I didnt make it to Dukesfest & dunno if theres gonna be another next year now? I did the engine work & then sent it to a friend 6 miles from me & he did the body & paint 4 me. Thats his garage its in in the photos.

Heres the link on this site for tonsa pix

http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6568

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TomBo,

Whoops! I did mean a '69 Dodge Charger, sorry about that! I'm not sure what I was thinking when I typed that! :-P

What do you mean there may not be a Dukesfest next year? I didn't hear anything about that, you must know something that I don't know.

Thanks, I'll check all the other pictures out. It must be such a fun process to go through, especially when you have the know-how like you do!

Keep up the great work!