The Dukes on CMT...Going off the air???

Now, is it just me, or has CMT not been showing the Dukes as much as they have before?? I thought the schedule was 7 PM, Monday through Friday??? It seems like in the past two weeks, every night I turned CMT on, at 7, there was something else on, anything but the Dukes.....is CMT trying to cut back on the Dukes? You don't think they'd possibly take them off syndication?? I will be pretty darn mad if they do!! I think it's safe to say the Dukes are still their highest rated show, if not then one of the highest! My girlfriend thought maybe since all the seasons are out on DVD, that's why they might take them off the air....IDK, I think as long as the Dukes are on the air, they'll always have an audience, and we're all a testament to the fact that the Dukes will always have a strong following and fanbase? Right?! And also....without the Dukes on the air, I don't think they'll gain as many new fans as they would if they were on the air. Well, anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone noticed this and hear your thoughts......if we get a wiff that CMT is going to pull the plug on the Dukes, I say we petition them!

Does anyone even care if the Dukes go off syndication??!! :mad: Why hasn't anyone replied to this thread?? Doesn't anyone have any thoughts on this? Isn't anyone bothered by it even a little bit?? Why does it seem like every time I start a thread NO ONE replies to it..EVER?? does everyone here have something against me, or are my posts boring? I think this thread is a serious one, that needs attention! I mean, this is why we're here, we're Dukes supporters right??

Does anyone even care if the Dukes go off syndication??!! :mad: Why hasn't anyone replied to this thread?? Doesn't anyone have any thoughts on this? Isn't anyone bothered by it even a little bit?? Why does it seem like every time I start a thread NO ONE replies to it..EVER?? does everyone here have something against me, or are my posts boring? I think this thread is a serious one, that needs attention! I mean, this is why we're here, we're Dukes supporters right??

I think threads are not responded to because there is not much activity on this site. I don't think it's you. A few days ago I checked CMT's TV guide on the website. According to it, they are supposed to be showing the DOH starting today until ???? I think you can see up to about 2 weeks ahead and DOH is on the schedule all that time. In a few minutes it will be 6:00 central time and I'll see if it's on.

• 4 weeks later...

I too worry about CMT pulling Dukes someday. I notice they have been pulling them a lot to replace them with stupid stuff but let's hope this isn't a warning that they're cooling off. Even though I have all seven years of DVDs, I'd rather put up with the comercials and watch them on CMT because I know that my Duke cousins are all out there watching the same episode at the same time. Let's hope CMT never does the unthinkable. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

has anyone noticed that they skip alot of some episodes and they speed up the chases? i was watching a few nights ago when i first noticed that they were doing this. i have also noticed that alot of the time i will tune in to CMT and the Dukes won't be on. i don't think they will pull it off the air though. they will lose lots of viewers.

Yea, they really slice them up to fit those extra commercials in. I guess that CMT has more commercials than CBS did in the late 70s, and 80s. The funny thing is that cable wasn't originally designed to have any commercials at all...you were supposed to be paying for the convience of not having to put up with them. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

• 2 weeks later...
In a way I do and In a way I dont like the commercials. I dont because of the interruption but I do because they do it on cliffhangers and it makes you all geared up to find out what happens even though you know what's going to happen lol

I never really had that in mind. That is true, commercials are anoying sometimes but without them, The Dukes wouldn't be as much of an "on the edge of your seat" show.lol

• 4 weeks later...
I apologize if you seem to think we don't care. It ain't that we don't care, but I don't think anyone really believes the Dukes is going off the air, considering I think CMT is sponsoring Dukesfest again this year. If so, that would be a very bad business move; I don't think they're that stupid.

If they only have a contract for a certain amount of airing rights and can't renegotiate terms, a channel can no longer show a program.

Anyone else seen the recent ad on CMT?

Farewell Tour Of The Dukes - starts May 28th. Unfortunally, no amount of snail mail, phone calls & online petitions will help if the company who owns the rights to the Dukes Of Hazzard wants to no longer air it on CMT.

ION has a deal with Warner Brothers - it's possible DOH if taken off CMT,

could end up there or another channel.

i am a little confused by that comercial. are they sayin' that that week is the last week for the dukes to be on cmt? if they are, than i am very sad. maybe TVLand will start to play them. they play alot of other "old" shows. i just hope they won't be off the air forever. that would make me even sadder=( even though i have the 1,2,3 and 7 seasons on DVD=)

(Coincidentally, the Dukes air on ABC Family, too, but never at a set time far as I know.)

There has to be some way to stop this travesty, I mean, between the movie and chopping up the episodes, don't you think they've put us through enough? I mean, if they got room to show Country Fried Home Videos four times a day and that other stuff like Karaoke-Dokey, I'm sure they can still fit the Dukes of Hazzard in. Why are they cancelling, anyway? Maybe they realized the ratings were down on an all-Coy-and-Vance week and got the wrong idea? At any rate, we have to find some way to stop this, maybe a petition? Wear only Dukes merchandise for a solid month (washing between wears, of course)? March to Dukesfest (from one set place) in protest? There has to be something. I mean, does anyone even know why they're removing the Dukes from their lineup? Probably for more of that dadgum garbage like Karaoke-Dokey and Nashville Star CMT keeps on pumping out, right? Never was one for shows like that myself. I know I sound like my common sense has gone 10-7, but doesn't anyone else feel we should try something, anything?

I guess what I'm trying to say, to avoid my painful paragraph above, is exactly WHY is it being canned, is there a real reason, and HOW can we stop it?

• 1 month later...

Here's an article I found on CMT's website:

CMT Launches the Dukes Farewell Tour

Say goodbye to the series that made short-shorts, fast cars and CB radios cool, as CMT bids farewell to Bo and Luke Duke with the launch of the CMT Dukes Farewell tour. Catch all 147 hours of the entire Dukes of Hazzard series when it begins its final run in a new summer timeslot, Monday through Thursday at 8 p.m. - 10 p.m., ET/PT. The final Dukes of Hazzard episode on CMT is slated to air later this summer when the series will sign off CMT for good.

"After a fantastic two-year run, it's time to give the Dukes a proper CMT farewell with a summer primetime block," says Mary Beth Cunin, vice president of programming strategy, CMT. "We want fans to be able to watch the series from the beginning and relive their favorite Dukes moments before the General Lee rides off into the sunset."

The CMT Dukes Farewell tour kicks off to coincide with CMT DukesFest, the annual gathering of Dukes of Hazzard fans on June 1 in Nashville. The event will feature a weekend of personal appearances by the stars of the beloved show, Hazzard-style music, car stunts by the original Dukes stunt drivers, plus the appearance of nearly 200 General Lees and many other family attractions. Tickets are on sale at www.CMT.com, www.cootersplace.com or via Ticketmaster.

Other Dukes programming slated to launch the week of May 28 include Dukes-themed episodes of Custom Built and Video Replay on CMT Loaded, along with another hilarious episode of its newest series, CMT Outsider, with a behind-the-scenes look at CMT DukesFest. CMT's Top Twenty Countdown will shoot a special episode from DukesFest, premiering June 7. In addition, CMT.com features a comprehensive Dukes of Hazzard site with video, photos, message boards, news, programming updates and more.

In 1979, the unmistakable voice of music legend Waylon Jennings introduced America, in both theme song and show narration, to cousins Bo, Luke, and Daisy Duke, along with their Uncle Jesse, and a new pop culture phenomenon exploded onto TV sets across the nation. The Dukes of Hazzard became a mainstay in American homes and hearts for seven wildly successful seasons as the Duke family, modern day Robin Hoods, fought the corrupt political system in Hazzard County.

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/dukes_of_hazzard/series_featured_copy.jhtml

• 2 months later...

I'm upset about this. Even though I use my DVDs more, I still like watching an occasional CMT episode. There's something about watching the exact same episode at the exact same time as everybody else that makes me feel bonded as a fan and citizen of Hazzard. Somehow it was comforting to know that they were still there in prime time and available to everyone. Hopefully they'll be picked up by someone else so I can still scroll down the guide and see "Dukes of Hazzard" again. Well, look at it this way, if the folks of Hazzard lost their media link to each other (namely WHOGG and the Hazzard Gazette), they may feel like their community bond has been weakened....but the reality is that what ties us together can never be broken....our love for the Dukes. Thank goodness for the Hazzardnet and the good folks who created it. Having this family here makes this loss a little easier to take. Long live the Dukes!!!

I don't have cable TV, so I am sure I am not as effected by this decision as most are, but I do get to catch an episode here and there on TV when I am at my parents' house. It is sad and frustrating to see CMT take the Dukes off of their list of programs so that everyone will have a chance to watch them. I'm sure not everyone has the DVD sets that are now out there so it is nice that they were able to watch the Dukes. And I agree, there is something nice watching the Dukes on TV and knowing others are out there watching it as well.

With all that said, I also have to say that I think CMT had done a great job putting the Dukes on their schedule and giving them good and positive attention. Not only that, they are giving us all a last chance to watch the Dukes of Hazzard and to say good-bye to the show we all love. I know when it once had been on TNN (Back when it was TNN) they had given little to no warning of taking the Dukes off of their programming. One day it was on, the next it wasn't. So in my opinion, I think we should be more grateful than sad. Grateful at the opportunity to be able to watch the show on TV over the past few years and have the opportunity to watch it one last time before it is taken off TV. It is sad to see it leaving, but at least we had the chance to watch it on TV. Not only that, we now also have the opportunity to purchase all seven seasons on DVD and watch an episode whenever we want to.

Well, there's my two cents worth on the subject...;)

Keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke