Snowed in...

pendragon1980

To the Hazzardites in the frozen Northeast right now.

Here in PA we got 6 inches of snow plus about an inch of freezing rain and back to snow this morning. I barely made it to work at back yesterday. (I'm a nurse, I can't cancel due to weather). I almost spent the night at the hospital.

Today I have off, I ain't going nowhere. I'm planning on cooking and a Dukes marathon, and research on my fanfiction.

What's your snowed in plans?

Pendragon

Well, I've been snowed in for the last two days. It started sometime during Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. My area is kind of in the heart of the storm so to speak and the lake effect didn't help any dumping a good helping of snow over two days of about 10 to 16 inches. On top of that the wind here is notorious. So take heavy snow and add winds of 25 to 35 mph and you have white out conditions. Fortunately, I didn't have to drive anywhere.

It was bad and I've seen some bad winters in my time but this bad. Now it's not so bad, the sun is shinning. However it's still bitter cold here and we have a lot of snow. We haven't really been hit with snow at all this year hard and now all of a sudden, WHAM! We get plastered. However the wind is what kills ya.

My snowed in plans are to catch up on my reading. I'm reading a book now called 'The Left Hand of Darkness' by Ursula K. Le Guin. On top of that, I may brush up on my chemistry so beware for more cornball jokes about carbon, and hydrogen.

Val

My area (Central NH) was dumped with about 12-15 inches of snow and will be getting another 4-6 inches tonight...so they say. The winds have been blowing pretty damn hard all day. I had to drive into work this afternoon in the height of the storm (75 miles one way, all highway.) It took me just shy of 3 hours to arrive at work.....:( I too have a job that won't allow call outs for any reason other than you are in the hospital bleeding out. Luckly (some may not look at it this way) I'm here till about 6:30 in the morning so it should be mostly cleared up by then...fingers crossed!

My plans besides doing what ever little work I have to do will be to watch some classic episodes of the Dukes....I brought season 3 and 4 with me :D .

Central Missouri didn't get a whole lot of snow, 1 to 2 inches, it was the slick stuff underneath that caused most of the problems. Course the wind blowing the snow around every which way didn't help much. After spending five minutes trying to spin my car out of its parking spot on level ground, I decided trying to make it off of the mountain I live on might not be a good idea. So instead of going to work I spent the day watching Dukes and Supernatural. My kind of day!