Stunts of the Dukes of Hazzard:

Captain D

Are there any DVD's out there, or websites, that have behind-the-scenes stunts of the Dukes (especially w/ the General)?

I've seen the 2005 movie extras, and a few various websites, but nothing that really discusses the stunts n' jumps in detail and behind the scenes.

Does anyone have any really good, in depth, websites, videos, ect?

Thank you for any replies!

Aaron

dunnsville_va@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see the stunts behind the General. For the 2005 movie Xtras, they have a lot of dummies in the jumps. There is someone who says that there is a limit that they can jump a living person to. I can agree with that.

However, how did they do the jumps during the TV show series? Did they have a lot of dummies or did they use a lot of real life stuntmen, ect...?

Thanks for any replies!

Aaron

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I beg to differ. sort of. LOL I some scenes it appears that dummies are in the passenger side of the cars.

For example in one scene Rosco's car spins to the side to avoid another car (Enos I think). I don't remember if he hits it or not but Boss Hogg (dummy) who is riding with Rosco falls to the side and looses his hat out the window.

They had a voice over of Boss saying something like "Oh My hat! My hat!". Then in the next shot you see Boss opening the car door and picking up the hat.

But like Lostsheep says stunt men were apparently always driving and jumping the cars. Except for the miniatures.