Jessica Simpson proud of Daisy Duke performance (Moldova.org)

From Yahoo News - Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:21:11 GMT

Moldova.ORG -- Jessica Simpson was thrilled with her performance in the movie The Dukes Of Hazzard, because she was finally able to establish herself as an actress by playing sexy Daisy Duke, informs The Associated Press. The star claims she worked hard portraying the tomboy, especially while filming the provocative video for These Boots Are Made For Walkin'. She tells America's Elle magazine, ...

More...

Read the whole story at the link above and then feel free to come back here and post your comments.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Dukes of Hazzard movie sucks. I haven't seen it and don't plan on watching it, at least not anytime soon. I've heard about it and seen some clips (or maybe the preview). It's a ripoff of the show. I can tell that the movie is nothing like the show, the actors probably act nothing like the Dukes or any actors that were in the show. There is swearing and drug use in the movie. I guess the film makers didn't really watch the show much.

Edited by Lost Soul
fixed spelling errors and mistakes

• 4 weeks later...
The Dukes of Hazzard movie sucks. I haven't seen it and don't plan on watching it, at least not anytime soon. I've heard about it and seen some clips (or maybe the preview). It's a ripoff of the show. I can tell that the movie is nothing like the show, the actors probably act nothing like the Dukes or any actors that were in the show. There is swearing and drug use in the movie. I guess the film makers didn't really watch the show much.

I agree Lost Soul ive seen it and i want to shoot the people who made the movie and i never want to see it again i love the old and the original and always will

I agree completely Lost Soul except for the part about the filmmakers not watching the original show. I'm sure they did study the show a lot but in the end, they sadly made their stupid decision based on money. My guess would be that the people who were financing the movie were advised by some so-called experts that the movie had to have low moral values to financially profit. There's two conclusions to draw here. Either they're right and society wants less morals in their movies or they weren't smart enough to log onto the Hazzardnet and consult with real fans of the show....or both might be correct. In my opinion, either conclusion is kinda sad.

Roger I believe you nailed it exactly.They went toward a age demographic not a fan demographic.Unfortunately a lot of fans fell into that trap and went to see it out of curiosity hopefull to see a decent remake of a TV show they hold so dear to their hearts.Boy did they get fooled. It is sad that society has gone to the depths that that is what the younger generation wants to see. I was just at a local early Halloween party and all I heard from the younger people looking at my car was "Where is Johnny Knoxville?" or "Where is Jessica Simpson?". A bit unnerving to say the least, in fact it upset me a bit but I kept my cool about it and just rolled my eyes.At least there aren't going to be anymore movies at least none in the near future and I don't believe there will be at all.

Tim, I like to think that I'm the type of person who looks at all the angles of a subject but your post reminded me (once again) that I don't think of everything. I never would of thought about people mentioning Johnny and Jessica when standing around admiring a General Lee. I guess it's because when I'm thinking about Dukes related stuff, my brain has a filter that filters out the things in life that don't really matter.

• 2 months later...
Roger I believe you nailed it exactly.They went toward a age demographic not a fan demographic.Unfortunately a lot of fans fell into that trap and went to see it out of curiosity hopefull to see a decent remake of a TV show they hold so dear to their hearts.Boy did they get fooled. It is sad that society has gone to the depths that that is what the younger generation wants to see. I was just at a local early Halloween party and all I heard from the younger people looking at my car was "Where is Johnny Knoxville?" or "Where is Jessica Simpson?". A bit unnerving to say the least, in fact it upset me a bit but I kept my cool about it and just rolled my eyes.At least there aren't going to be anymore movies at least none in the near future and I don't believe there will be at all.

I would so have flipped out had I pulled in some place with my own General Lee and someone ask me where johnny or Jessica was, hopping mad I would have been...grrrr

Of course , being the way I am , i would have asked them, "Who the hell are they?", just to piss them off...lol

• 9 months later...

God, I know I am going to get hate mail just for saying some of this stuff....;p

You know, although I have great distaste for the 2005 movie. I watched it again with a slightly open mind, and with a friend who was a big fan of the original. Upon watching it this second time around, Out of all of the performances of the cast. You know that Jessica was the only one REMOTELY close to our beloved Daisy Duke. None of the other cast members got anything right. Well we can also blame the writers for that one. But if you try hard enough, you do see a glimmer of the character there. Here are a list of character flaws the rest of the cast had...

Scott and Knoxville : Didn't even remotely act related. Scott's Characterization was a little too unnerving during scenes with him and the General. Knoxville will forever be a Jack***.

Willie: I love his music, but he had not one piece of sagely advice for the boys, only stupid jokes.

Burt: refusal of the fat suit.

Gainey: His Rosco was downright evil and mean-spirited.

Well, y'all probably get my point, but at least she TRIED... She didn't succeed all that much, but she tried, which is more than I can say for the rest of the cast.

LOL. Thanks. Of course we also must be thankful that they didn't alter the General in any way, shape or form. I am not sure if you remember that they were talking about removing the "stars and bars" at one time because of "political correctness". I was one of the people that sent a letter to WB against that one.

Removing the flag, puh-leeze. I am not southern but, you know that would not have been right. at all. Well technically, if you look at all things considered, Hawaii is in line with the southern part of the U.S. so hey maybe I am...LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There is no question Jessica Simpson is a beautiful young lady and perhaps with the right script it could have worked, but I thought the movie was horrible and I tried to be open-minded about it.

To me, it played away from every one of the Dukes strengths. First, it didn't promote the sense of family the Dukes was always about. Second, the Rosco character added very little to the movie and the Boss character wasn't that great either. As we all know, James Best and Sorrell Booke were scene stealers in the series. Third, the Duke boys characters weren't well-written either. I realize that in the original series Bo was a little more naive than Luke and Luke was the smart one, but they dumbed down the Bo character way too much. Other than wanting to always race the General Lee, I am not sure what the purpose of the character was for. In the movie, the Luke character may have been a little bit smarter than the Bo character, but definitely dumbed down as well and the original Luke while certainly fond of the ladies, was a lot more picky than Bo in the series, the Johnny Knoxville character was way too much of a womanizer. I am not saying that the people in the movie aren't good actors, but the movie simply wasn't good.

I suppose you could make an argument in some ways, that the Jessica Simpson version of Daisy Duke, was a little bit closer to the original series than the other characters, but still it wasn't even close.